Senior 13. Jhye Clark (2022 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaks rational, but sounds a bit funny when he talks. I'm sure he will do fine. Keeping expectations a bit real for season 1, I reckon he needs a bit of gym work first. I'd expect him to push for quite a few games in 2024.

Ready to go
It has been quite some time since I’ve been this excited about a preseason to see what all the new recruits can do, especially this guy

Think I misread his other interviews. Must have been a bit overawed in the others, or maybe I'm just used to players saying how 'stoked' they are these days.

Last edited:
Speaks rational, but sounds a bit funny when he talks. I'm sure he will do fine. Keeping expectations a bit real for season 1, I reckon he needs a bit of gym work first. I'd expect him to push for quite a few games in 2024.

He's probably an intelligent enough guy, as he's handled himself well especially as an 18 year old kid in interviews.

Unfortunately, the general public just hears the voice and thinks he's not very bright.

Tough crowd it was his first media interview he will get plenty of time to develop his media skills

So true Strange Cat - they get so much support now on a variety of things including Media Training.
Just look at some of P Cripps early interviews compared to now , cheese and chalk.
Clark is obviously seen as a Leader with his captaincy roles , he'll be fine :thumbsu:

Could hardly give a shite about the way Clark talks/sounds.

Be a good person, get a kick and help us win games/flags and it's all G for me.

People think way too much.
I don't care how he talks tbh... was just a casual observation

None of the Top 10 put a coherent sentence together on draft night.

Plenty here struggle to put a coherent sentence together so I wouldn’t be laying a boot into an 18yo kid fronting the cameras, I thought he spoke well fwiw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get kids are "older" at younger ages now than when i was that age... but they're still kids.

Sure they have more responsibility and pressure too - but for an 18 yo kid to have the mic and cameras shoved in front of him and be told to face the media and not say something dumb. overly innocent or disrespectful that will be used against him for the rest of hid life.. and deal wit being compared to arguably the clubs greatest ever player...

thought he did more than fine.

I reckon if everyone goes back to being 17 and having to do public speaking in their class.. they'd cut these kids some slack.

GO Catters

How has Clarks preseason been? Any threat of playing round 1?
You wouldn’t think so unless he’s Selwood incarnation….best to let the kid develop in the VFL for a year or two before throwing him in the deep end

He might get a game or two this year, I just don’t think it’ll be round 1 vs the Pies

You wouldn’t think so unless he’s Selwood incarnation….best to let the kid develop in the VFL for a year or two before throwing him in the deep end

He might get a game or two this year, I just don’t think it’ll be round 1 vs the Pies
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a round 1 debut for this kid
We have in the past played players who have had really good pre seasons and rewarded them.

Im predicting all our recruits and Jhye to play round 1

Last edited:

is he though?

Has anyone actually seen what his output is like , or does anyone have any inside word on him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back