AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Wins Yiooken in first game back - 25/5

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurley being managed could be a charade.

I hope Aaron F gets his hands back. That guy needs some positive visualization in his life. We don’t need any intercept chest mark drops - we need what Ridley has been providing.

Hurley being managed could be a charade.

I hope Aaron F gets his hands back. That guy needs some positive visualization in his life. We don’t need any intercept chest mark drops - we need what Ridley has been providing.
I think it's more:

If Ridley gets up, Hurley gets his rest against GC
If Ridley doesn't get up, Hurley gets his rest against St. Kilda

Agree with this. He consistently has the biggest impact on our games.

The only other player whose impact on games has been so significant has been Daniher.

I don't see how he gets found out either as he's no where near the finished product physically.

His potential was so obvious - that side step past Ablett in game 1 was sublime - you just knew he 'had it'.

As each week goes past, it makes his extended run in the reserves even more mystifying.

We definetely wouldn't have got close to a draw if Ridley didn't play tonight. Becoming one of our best and most important players already.

He looked like he could become a good player and potentially get a game in our best 6...but he has come on leaps and bounds in a short period of time. Absolute gun!

This year so far for sure.

He maintains thia form for the whole season and he is AA and club champion.
Saad has been neck and neck all year IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took some big hits to the ribs last week too and didn't flinch.

I was surprised when he was dropped last year, but an absolute lock now.

AA form at the moment.

Saad hasn’t been as good the past 3-4 weeks imo
Eh, I'd still have him up there. Though the bizarre move to take him off the #1 small hasn't really helped his or our cause at all.

Eh, I'd still have him up there. Though the bizarre move to take him off the #1 small hasn't really helped his or our cause at all.
I think they wanted his run more than a lockdown role. McKenna will surely be back this week to help with the run while I HOPE Saad is on butler.

I think they wanted his run more than a lockdown role. McKenna will surely be back this week to help with the run while I HOPE Saad is on butler.
But the thing is he was providing good run regardless of the fact he was playing on the #1 small. And the move to put our second best runner off half back (Redman) into the lockdown role makes it even more bizarre

But the thing is he was providing good run regardless of the fact he was playing on the #1 small. And the move to put our second best runner off half back (Redman) into the lockdown role makes it even more bizarre
Fair point, IMO I think Saad should always at least start on the #1 small forward. Redman was a scary proposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back