AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Re-injured quad - 4 to 6 weeks - 11/4

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like blaming the work experience kid working his guts out for a massive company fail! I would have dropped Zaharakis as an example ...if you watch him off the ball, he doesn't put in much effort.

Just like blaming the work experience kid working his guts out for a massive company fail! I would have dropped Zaharakis as an example ...if you watch him off the ball, he doesn't put in much effort.

We have quite a few of those players.

Happy to wait for the hand ball receive rather then going in and helping a team mate via a shepard or tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really frustrated with his omission, thought that one of the only positive things to come from Sunday was him getting more senior footy exposure.

Will be interesting to compare Ridley with Low Energy Jack (Scrimshaw).

I couldn't help but notice that Jack is penciled in the back pocket. Have his performances been worthy of selection? Not a chance.

Has Rids been called up?

No, I'm talking about the big picture.

Maybe Clarkson drops Scrimshaw next week for team balance or form but I doubt it.

He wants to a replacement for Burton/Birchall and he's probably going to get one.

I just think it's an interesting comparison. They're very similar players (both in terms of their physical attributes and playing style and qualities) taken in the same draft.

Ridley is literally everything Scrimshaw is not at this point in time. Ridley can't get a game for a crap team behind 4-6 players who are non-competitive or just utter s**t trucks. Scrimshaw is being carried by a side that finished top 4 last year under the most demanding coach, and if he's not the most demanding he is the best coach by such a long way it isn't funny.

Last edited:
Drops kid for no apparent reason, doesn't let kid play to work on any perceived weaknesses or to stake a claim for subsequent weeks.

THIS.
CLUB.
!
Alternative perspective: omits kid for structural reasons, really wants him to play and holds him over in case there’s an opportunity to put him back in the senior team as he is clearly the 23rd most preferred.

If he was omitted for form he wouldn’t even be an emergency, he’d know to ply his trade in the vfl for a while and get good before he’d be back in.

Was omitted for structure. Woosha said it was because St Kilda play a slightly smaller forward line. I think he will be back this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back