Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps both parties are happy to wait and see what offers he gets from other clubs. Obviously if he receives a juicy offer it's in his and probably our best interests that he leaves.

Yeah agree with this, I am hopeful he stays but there is every chance he sees a more fruitful opportunity elsewhere.

It's in his interests to leave and dare I say it ours.

He is a good 23 - 26 player on a list.

There is talk of Kelly arriving , Billings, Horne not to mention Powell , Scott, Lazzaro were not in the side on the weekend, also Polec and Anderson.

I just think the weight of options over the next 12 months will see Dumont playing VFL.

But we’ll get zero compensation if we land any free agents of our own

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes big if and any quality player fits in.
He’s still got another 6 yrs of footy in him and we need mature leaders. When Jack , Goldy , cunners and taz retire that’ll leave a big hole
Nah plenty of guys will have stepped up to leadership roles by then. Jy, LDU, lmac, will Phillips etc plenty of future leaders. But sure JK would be a welcome addition.

I would like it if he stayed but I also wouldn’t say no to a good trade deal if he was to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I would like it if he stayed but I also wouldn’t say no to a good trade deal if he was to leave.

he's an RFA so there won't be a trade. Unless we match terms and then trade is on the table. Otherwise it would just be compo if we are entitled to it depending upon whether we are getting another FA in.

he's an RFA so there won't be a trade. Unless we match terms and then trade is on the table. Otherwise it would just be compo if we are entitled to it depending upon whether we are getting another FA in.

I think we can’t match due to froggy not being in our top group of paid players

Yes I know I’m just a noob

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can’t match due to froggy not being in our top group of paid players
oh that's right.

so if he's gone then we are at the behest of the people that gave us less of Daniel Wells than Richmond for for Vickery.

one of our most consistent and reliable players, it would be disappointing if the club didn't resign him.

I agree. Froggy's return, along with that of Tas have in my opinion, led to the team's better performances over the last few weeks. I thought Froggy was very instrumental in us holding on in the last quarter last week. He reads the play well, finds space and accumulates a reasonable number of possessions without people realising. Last week he had 21 disposals, plus 11 marks, a number of which were in the last quarter.

He has only just turned 26 so has quite a few good football years left in him.

I agree. Froggy's return, along with that of Tas have in my opinion, led to the team's better performances over the last few weeks. I thought Froggy was very instrumental in us holding on in the last quarter last week. He reads the play well, finds space and accumulates a reasonable number of possessions without people realising. Last week he had 21 disposals, plus 11 marks, a number of which were in the last quarter.

He was brilliant last week linking up and filling holes in defence. Reliable disposal.

I think we can and should put the bed the notion trent would be squeezed out of the 22 next year.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That is probably true. There is a slim chance that late in the season he struggles to find a spot.

What about the year after tho?

Trent is a fantastic player. If he wants to head home, and we aquire J.Kelly, lets make it work. Frog and our 3rd round pick (possibly 38) for Adelaides 2nd round pick. Possibly pick 20. This will give us 3 picks in the top 20.

Trent is a fantastic player. If he wants to head home, and we aquire J.Kelly, lets make it work. Frog and our 3rd round pick (possibly 38) for Adelaides 2nd round pick. Possibly pick 20. This will give us 3 picks in the top 20.

Unrestricted free agent.

Only 1 possie at quarter time so even more impressive. Runs hard both ways and a big part of why the ball doesn't rebound as easy of late.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back