AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Just ease into it young fella. No repeat soft tissues please.

Perkins first 3 seasons,

21 games
18 games
23 games

If there's any player that doesn't need to reminded of injuries it's Perkins.

His ability to be fit has never been an issue, only his output. Not to say he can't redo it, but I feel that I trust him to trust his own baseline than most considering his past history of staying on the park.

Perkins first 3 seasons,

21 games
18 games
23 games

If there's any player that doesn't need to reminded of injuries it's Perkins.

His ability to be fit has never been an issue, only his output. Not to say he can't redo it, but I feel that I trust him to trust his own baseline than most considering his past history of staying on the park.
I take it the other way. Hamstring recovery hasn't been something he's dealt with before at AFL level. All the reminders in the world to him plz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's BACK! Coach and medical staff have backed him in and he has torn the training track to pieces this week! Now to get back to the form he was showing and help us belt the weagles!

I take it the other way. Hamstring recovery hasn't been something he's dealt with before at AFL level. All the reminders in the world to him plz.

Regular prior injuries make re-doing them/being reinjured more likely (even when 6 months-12 months removed from said injuries). So a body that is unscathed for long periods of time/all the time will be stronger and recover quicker. All the best to him.

Last edited:
Perkins had some really impactful kicks which were straight up goal assists and weren't gimmie's either. Thought he had a pretty good game.

Also credit to him, I reckon he's a much less selfish player this year. Last year if he got anywhere near the 50 he'd bomb it for goal but this year its clear his first thought is to find the leading player first. Seems like a player that's more comfortable in his own skin now that he's got a bit more experience.

He’s the player I’d like to see step up to be consistently elite more than any other player due to the polish and, as mentioned above, his forward-thinking disposal. A seriously damaging player and we just need to get the ball in his hands entering forward 50 more often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back