Past #17: Lachie Young - NM trade #63 for LY in '20 trade period - delisted end '23 - 39 NM games / 1 NM goal - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Strengths ?
Weakness?
Disposal / skill ?

He's still a little raw so it's all about what he'll project to be. Gets a lot of spoils in and has a good instinct of when to go and when not. I think he'll end up a very good interceptor but has some work to do with holding his marks before he gets there. He's pretty good one on one. In his 5th game Rohan gave him a bath when he was in red hot form early last year but before that he was very solid. Pace is good but the really quick smalls can give him some trouble so probably more suited to mediums.

Disposal is pretty good. Long penetrating kick, when he has time it hits his target and it's pretty much impossible to intercept. Under pressure needs a bit of work. Just needs to find more if it. Give him a full year of games and by the end of it I'd be confident he's totally acclimatised to the level.

He's still a little raw so it's all about what he'll project to be. Gets a lot of spoils in and has a good instinct of when to go and when not. I think he'll end up a very good interceptor but has some work to do with holding his marks before he gets there. He's pretty good one on one. In his 5th game Rohan gave him a bath when he was in red hot form early last year but before that he was very solid. Pace is good but the really quick smalls can give him some trouble so probably more suited to mediums.

Disposal is pretty good. Long penetrating kick, when he has time it hits his target and it's pretty much impossible to intercept. Under pressure needs a bit of work. Just needs to find more if it. Give him a full year of games and by the end of it I'd be confident he's totally acclimatised to the level.
Thanks boyd oh boyd wowee.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brady and luff quietly going about their business identifying targets and getting getting the job done.
This is so refreshing compared with our approach over the last decade, if I never hear we want so and so and we’re going to pay them a million bucks ever again it won’t be to soon.
Cheers Brady!

Brady and luff quietly going about their business identifying targets and getting getting the job done.
This is so refreshing compared with our approach over the last decade, if I never hear we want so and so and we’re going to pay them a million bucks ever again it won’t be to soon.
Cheers Brady!

Don't think 63 becoming 70 could ever be considered being bent over. Might not even use that pick anyway.

Looks like a nice pick up. Best of luck to him.
Considering we cut 11 players and are about to lose Brown and Higgo (and yeah I know list sizes will come down) I suspect we'll be using most if not almost all of our draft picks this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North list manager Glenn Luff said Young will be a welcome addition to the club's list.

“Lachie is an athletic rebounding defender who intercepts the ball well and has a really nice kick,” Luff told North Media.

“He fits our direction in terms of where we want to take the list and fills a need in our backline.

“We’re excited to have him on board and looking forward to welcoming him to the club.”

08902057-8ACC-4AEA-8CE9-3F5FBBAB6C20.gif

Considering we cut 11 players and are about to lose Brown and Higgo (and yeah I know list sizes will come down) I suspect we'll be using most if not almost all of our draft picks this year.

Agree we will take a lot of picks, but the good news is that other teams won’t. Might only be 50 kids drafted.

He racks up the 1%ers too.

DE% is a bit of a concern, but the sample size is small.
I know you can't compare under age footy to AFL, but his draft video package certainly highlighted very good skills, regarding kicking depth/penetration to advantage, hopefully he can bring that to us over a long career, as you state, with only 8 games with dogs, hard to get the full picture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back