AFL Player #17: Todd Goldstein - 10,000 hitouts - A VFL/AFL first

Remove this Banner Ad

17 - goldstein.jpg
Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 25, Vander18

Welcome aboard, big fella.

Never thought I'd see the day when Todd Goldstein plays for Essendon, but here we are

Last edited by a moderator:

They'll probably play him anyway, but I would like to see them give him a rest this week.

With Draper out for a fair while (and knowing Essendon injury reports, probably more), Todd's as important as anyone for the next couple of months.

Rest him against 17th so he's good to go for the trip to the GC + a battle with the Blues rucks, then gets another rest in the bye.

Goldy has been fine, but tbh I think flip brought the physicality more. I think we are going to have an issue with Nank next week as goldy/wright have struggled all year with those types of rucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally felt Williams (WCE) and Briggs (GWS) both beat him leading into yesterday.

My boy is a super smart player and has still contributed but definitely think he needs a rest.

Personally felt Williams (WCE) and Briggs (GWS) both beat him leading into yesterday.

My boy is a super smart player and has still contributed but definitely think he needs a rest.
Soldo too, its a certain kind of ruck that gives us trouble.
They dont have to be elite tap rucks just the type that will throw their weight around. Think Goldy is just too old to get into those sorts of physical battles and 2MP isnt that kind of player.
Nank will do similar next week.

Soldo too, its a certain kind of ruck that gives us trouble.
They dont have to be elite tap rucks just the type that will throw their weight around. Think Goldy is just too old to get into those sorts of physical battles and 2MP isnt that kind of player.
Nank will do similar next week.

Problem we can easily fix by bringing in our physical beast…. Check notes…Bryan.

The reality is that Goldy has been brought in to protect Bryan from blokes like Nank and Soldo. We’ve just been lucky how well he’s been going that now we want the young guys in to protect him😀

Problem we can easily fix by bringing in our physical beast…. Check notes…Bryan.

The reality is that Goldy has been brought in to protect Bryan
Yeah im not advocating for bryan to come in for him, just noting its a weakness and is probably why draper gets picked when fit despite being out of form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back