Player Watch #19 - Mitch Hannan - traded to the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

So so so stoked for him. He was so great to watch for Footscray. Can't wait to see him get his chance at AFL level this weekend.

Good luck to him and the Dees.
Very much been a left field one too, can't say anyone picked it beyond 2 hours ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He mustve played last week in the VFL practice match of some sort ?

Must have huge confidence in him based on no AFL form or game time. Huge pick and picked over some good emergencies.

Bugg, Harmes and Tyson left out over him.

Must have huge confidence in him based on no AFL form or game time. Huge pick and picked over some good emergencies.

Tyson not ready, but agree on the other two. Based purely on form I would have Bugg and Harmes ahead of him.

Is Hannan fast or something? Honestly haven't seen any form from him.

played in the intra club match and against Port Melbourne
Was a beast in the midfield breaking through packs and taking contested mark
Would likely be playing forward/wing in the AFL

Tyson not ready, but agree on the other two. Based purely on form I would have Bugg and Harmes ahead of him.

Is Hannan fast or something? Honestly haven't seen any form from him.

Id say his overhead marking ability nudged him infront of the other two.

Id say his overhead marking ability nudged him infront of the other two.
Looks to have a good amount of xfactor too, where as we know what we'll get from Harmes and Bugg. Both will be hard at, Harmes will take some strong grabs, Bugg will have 3-4 players wanting to punch him in the face, but there will also be some turnovers and questionable decision making.

Obviously showed plenty in the VFL to get a gig, looking forward to seeing him crack in.

If I remember correctly from watching the VFL finals last year, he's also very quick and a strong tackler. I'm interested to see how we use him.

Sounds like he might play Kent's role

played in the intra club match and against Port Melbourne
Was a beast in the midfield breaking through packs and taking contested mark
Would likely be playing forward/wing in the AFL
Playing as a midfield outside is even more strange to his selection with sucha depth and quality midfield for demons.

Maybe without left footers Tyson, Kent and Hibberd they feel he has something there that they need. Wouldve thought Tyson off the bench wouldve been the way they went with a game under his belt. Bugg played alot off a wing for you guys and harmes off the flanks so he must be feeling those spots for now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back