Player Watch #19 - Mitch Hannan - traded to the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

What I like most so far is that he more often than not goes for goal when in range, so much better than starting a chain of 6 handpasses that ends up being turned over or a stoppage.
THIS. So often we have players well within range trying to dish it off. Have a bloody shot

But seriously this kid showed it game 1 and the people who doubted him should be enjoying some nice humble pie.

Yeah, but he didn't. Last two weeks have been great, and obviously I'm delighted he's having such a great impact, and he deserves the plaudits, but I won't be eating any humble pie as I maintain he was fairly ordinary before that.

His pressure is immense. I love how good his goal sense is, his ability to get the ball from hand to foot without even standing up is elite.

Yeah, but he didn't. Last two weeks have been great, and obviously I'm delighted he's having such a great impact, and he deserves the plaudits, but I won't be eating any humble pie as I maintain he was fairly ordinary before that.
He's been pretty good every game he's played, includING being good in his debut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully its a sign of him adjusting to the pace of AFL and not dumb luck being in the right places at the right times.
If it happens once or twice it's dumb luck, but if he ends up in the right place at the right time a couple of times every game, then it's more.
Seems like he's kicked the same goal several times now, that lightning quick left-foot snap from the top of the goalsquare. He just always seems to turn up when it's needed, right on time.
It's getting almost predictable. Like when Wood drops the mark & Bugg taps it forward, who shows up at the top of the goalsquare?
Also good evasive skills,. good disposal, and great pressure on defenders. What's not to like?

It's getting almost predictable. Like when Wood drops the mark & Bugg taps it forward, who shows up at the top of the goalsquare?
Also good evasive skills,. good disposal, and great pressure on defenders. What's not to like?

And leads the league for goals kicked in the crouched position.

Jeez he gets boot to ball quickly

Never thought I'd be OK with this but Hannan is a much better footballer. Kent needs to drop some weight and try play as more of a winger because he isn't a very good forward.
Ironically enough you favourite guy is way too reliant on his athleticism. I reckon his back just isn't up to it anymore.

Ironically enough you favourite guy is way too reliant on his athleticism. I reckon his back just isn't up to it anymore.

Yeah his point of difference was his speed and confidence to run with the footy and conversely pressure and harass. Has gone a bit Garry Lyon without any of the ability over head

Kicked 3 on debut and had a few multiple goal games.
Kent and JKH have been ordinary that's why they have played a lot of the season in the 2s. Hannan got a wake up call and was straight back in and has been good ever since. Someone above me said it best, his hand to foot speed is elite and he has brilliant forward instincts. One of the few blokes in the AFL who is a genuine small forward and not a mid turned

Was fading in and out of contests but not for lack of intensity. More awareness I think. He's obviously worked on it. Has been outstanding his last four games

Was fading in and out of contests but not for lack of intensity. More awareness I think. He's obviously worked on it. Has been outstanding his last four games

Agree and as per my post above, obviously I am delighted that he's now having such a great impact. He appears far more comfortable at this level than he did 3-6 weeks ago. I might have been on Jetta from Day One, but happy to get ones like Hannan & OMac wrong!

Another hand to boot gem last night. This bloke has great game awareness and knows where the goals are

Freakish the way he does it. Not many in the AFL could match his hand to foot speed. He's a little Stevie J without the party tricks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back