Universal Love #2 Nathan Jones - Retired. Thank you Chunk

Remove this Banner Ad

Off the top of my head;
Kicked a goal in the third - stepped up
Kicked a lovely left foot pass into the centre of the ground to set up a goal
Sent Selwood flying after putting his body on the line to contest the footy in the last quarter

And where was he as a leader in the last quarter when we let a 29 point lead slip?

Can’t blame one player.

I love Nath the guy is the heart and soul of our club but his skills have dropped off a lot this year, while i cant blame him alone for the loss as a leader and captain of the club I would live to see him take over in a critical game like that when our season is on the line.

He will 100% be in the team next year, hopefully its just a case of an off year.

Jones will play 300 if he stays fit. Honestly, if a couple of injuries sees JKH getting a regular game, Jones will be locked in for years. Vince will retire, Lewis maybe one more year, that’s two spots we need to replace with our s**t depth.

I think it was a big moment when he went back and kicked that set shot after missing a relatively easy shot on the run against WCE

I was dirty on him after the Sydney game and dirtier still when he missed that shot, which was similar to the one he missed against Sydney, it was hard not to think 'here we go...'

BUT, he stood up big time in the last Q with 10 touches (?) and won a huge contest near our defensive 50

After hearing him interviewed after the game he said how he felt the 12 years of expectations weighing heavy on his shoulders - his passion and honesty is always so refreshing

Love ya Jonesy

People underrate how hard it is to tackle this bloke even at 30. He Always exits the back of the contest and then can shimmy left or right and no one gets a glove on him. Its crazy how comfortable hid awareness of what's around him is. He's possibly slowed a little after half a decade of being the only guy with any heart on our list and some campaigners have started jumping at shadows. For shame.

People underrate how hard it is to tackle this bloke even at 30. He Always exits the back of the contest and then can shimmy left or right and no one gets a glove on him. Its crazy how comfortable hid awareness of what's around him is. He's possibly slowed a little after half a decade of being the only guy with any heart on our list and some campaigners have started jumping at shadows. For shame.
Holy s**t! We finally agree on something. ILYSM.

For shame?! Ha ha!!! You sound like Alan Jones ;-)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't play beyond 2020 at this stage. The club won't force him out this year but geez he is slowing down. Clangers at critical moments just like the 2nd half of 2018. Respect what the guy has done for the club but feel a lot of our fans are ignoring how average he is looking atm.

Won't play beyond 2020 at this stage. The club won't force him out this year but geez he is slowing down. Clangers at critical moments just like the 2nd half of 2018. Respect what the guy has done for the club but feel a lot of our fans are ignoring how average he is looking atm.
Honestly don’t think anyone ignored it. All sorts hated seeing it, me included, but nobody ignored it.

Was pretty disgusted by the reaction today. He was bad, yes, but is nothing sacred? Calling for him to be dropped/delisted/forced to retire when he's still clearly best 22 (albeit bottom 10 in that 22) is embarrassing given how venerated this bloke deserves to be. Everyone was s**t today bar Salem and Melk.

Was pretty disgusted by the reaction today. He was bad, yes, but is nothing sacred? Calling for him to be dropped/delisted/forced to retire when he's still clearly best 22 (albeit bottom 10 in that 22) is embarrassing given how venerated this bloke deserves to be. Everyone was s**t today bar Salem and Melk.
Lol, Melksham was s**t.

I reckon I’m just about Jones’s biggest advocate, but he was really bad today. He played his worst game in 8 years today.

If he played like that again next week, I wouldn’t think it unreasonable for the discussion to turn to dropping him.

And yes, he bloody well does deserve to be be venerated. He’s a legend.

Lol, Melksham was s**t.

I reckon I’m just about Jones’s biggest advocate, but he was really bad today. He played his worst game in 8 years today.

If he played like that again next week, I wouldn’t think it unreasonable for the discussion to turn to dropping him.

And yes, he bloody well does deserve to be be venerated. He’s a legend.
Let him be s**t next week before we talk about dropping him. The Jones hate today just felt gratuitous. Particularly from those peanuts on social media.

Social media is the pits, too many heros with opinions. I have been off it completely for 9 months and i am better for it.

And melk wasnt s**t, he was a shining light in a disfuntional forward line.

******* animals....

Jones was playing on the wing which is probably the hardest position to play with the new rules when your lacking match fitness. A shocking game by his standards no doubt at all but * he was clearly underdone.

Just remember when all of us were turning tvs off 6 years ago booing at the players race Jones was throwing himself into contests EVERY SINGLE GAME.

He easily deserves a few weeks before the 'retire' talks begin

******* animals....

Jones was playing on the wing which is probably the hardest position to play with the new rules when your lacking match fitness. A shocking game by his standards no doubt at all but **** he was clearly underdone.

Just remember when all of us were turning tvs off 6 years ago booing at the players race Jones was throwing himself into contests EVERY SINGLE GAME.

He easily deserves a few weeks before the 'retire' talks begin
The kid gloves people have used with Viney in comparison is embarrassing. Viney declared himself fit to play and stopped running in the 2nd quarter. But apparently he 'deserves a rest' whilst many want Jones at Casey next week. Even if we were to oust Jones with pitch forks, who do people want to come in? Billy Stretch? Corey Maynard? We have little depth, and the better depth players are injured anyway.

The kid gloves people have used with Viney in comparison is embarrassing. Viney declared himself fit to play and stopped running in the 2nd quarter. But apparently he 'deserves a rest' whilst many want Jones at Casey next week. Even if we were to oust Jones with pitch forks, who do people want to come in? Billy Stretch? Corey Maynard? We have little depth, and the better depth players are injured anyway.

Viney is a huge worry, that's the worst game of AFL he has ever played. Even a not match fit Viney can normally have some aggressive contested ball wins but dare I say it, quicksand feet.

Yeah ****ed if I know, Stretch, Wagner, Baker if he's even fit... could be some early season pain until some blokes get run into their legs

Viney is a huge worry, that's the worst game of AFL he has ever played. Even a not match fit Viney can normally have some aggressive contested ball wins but dare I say it, quicksand feet.

Yeah ****** if I know, Stretch, Wagner, Baker if he's even fit... could be some early season pain until some blokes get run into their legs
Viney played like a post-op Jack Trengove today. It was scary. Baker's a good shout. Until we recruit some quick players that can kick, getting guys like Hunt and Baker to at least run 50 metres and kick 50 metres is better than nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back