Opinion Since 2000, when have you felt most invested with the Melbourne Football Club?

Since 2000, when have you felt most invested with the Melbourne Football Club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

2018-2020 purely because of how invested I was in 2018, went to 14 games from memory.

Was very invested in 2022, 2023 honestly I went to one game and was super frustrated with the team. Think that'll continue this year.

Whenever we have played entertaining football. No specific time period. Though 2019 is probably when I was least invested, didnt watch a single game for the rest of the season after ~ round 12. Ive never done that before.

Went 2018-20. That finals droughtbreaker and even the s**t follow up was a wild roller-coaster. Last couple of years have felt like a chore, but also had higher expectations so feel like there's less of those underdog kinda wins we had in previous periods

Yep. In terms of picking a 3 year period where I was super invested each week I'd say 16/17/18 though, we had some great wins and played some really good footy.

I picked 15-17 but would like to say 14-18.

Watching us from the start of the Rooms era, working our way out of the muck and into the finals was huge. But I switched off big time in 2019 when we immediately fell to pieces.

I picked 15-17 but would like to say 14-18.

Watching us from the start of the Rooms era, working our way out of the muck and into the finals was huge. But I switched off big time in 2019 when we immediately fell to pieces.
Tommy Wiseau's The Melbourne Football Club

2014-18 for sure.
The wins against Essendon with Roos punching the desk, beating Adelaide over there. Win in Geelong when Gawn showed up, beating Hawks at the G. All those wins ment something
Then the rise into 2018 and beating WC, celebration game at the G etc.

Prem year was great but by about 3 weeks into 22 I was bored AF of the style and I've really been numb ever since.

Even the players. Loved watching Garlett, Vanders, Jones, Jetta, Pedo, Cross etc

Hate half this current team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2014-18 for sure.
The wins against Essendon with Roos punching the desk, beating Adelaide over there. Win in Geelong when Gawn showed up, beating Hawks at the G. All those wins ment something
Then the rise into 2018 and beating WC, celebration game at the G etc.

Prem year was great but by about 3 weeks into 22 I was bored AF of the style and I've really been numb ever since.

Even the players. Loved watching Garlett, Vanders, Jones, Jetta, Pedo, Cross etc

Hate half this current team
This is definitely my invested era. Also it was good as we slowly started to win more games each year. And since we weren’t yet winning lots they were special. I watched every win back half a dozen times.

15-18 for me. Roos coming to the club felt a bit unbelievable at the time, we were such a basket-case, glad he saw something in us. The improvement over those 3 years was great to see and we had some good wins amongst some tough losses.

Breaking the finals drought in 2018 was amazing and those two finals wins at the G against two clubs who had bullied us was epic, 90k crowds, mostly dees supporters too, felt unreal.

19 was garbage and 20 was a tease, 21 was amazing of course, last two seasons have been a grind and I'm really not keen on how we play anymore.

Feels like we're on the downward slope unfortunately.

I think the whole premiership thing was a mistake.

From 2014 to 2018 you saw a team improve and grow, if going year to year it was very much linear growth. And with this there were fewer expectations but more anticipation.

Do you think we can give the flag back?

Yeah, I do remember saying that if we just jagged a flag, I wouldn't care what happened for the next decade or two at least.

But then the flag was in Perth during COVID, we've since regressed to pure mid-table mediocrity, and even our wins have started feeling like a chore to watch. Careful what you wish for, I guess.

Yeah, I do remember saying that if we just jagged a flag, I wouldn't care what happened for the next decade or two at least.

But then the flag was in Perth during COVID, we've since regressed to pure mid-table mediocrity, and even our wins have started feeling like a chore to watch. Careful what you wish for, I guess.
It’s amazing to find a way to cast the veil of negativity over a premiership
At least we have each other on this peaceful, calm board. :love:

It’s all my fault.

As we approached the GF I quickly found God and said if he just let us win, that would do me for life and I’d never ask for anything again.

Post flag I quickly un-found God, but I think he is around somewhere reminding me of the terms and conditions of that little contract

It’s all my fault.

As we approached the GF I quickly found God and said if he just let us win, that would do me for life and I’d never ask for anything again.

Post flag I quickly un-found God, but I think he is around somewhere reminding me of the terms and conditions of that little contract
The 2021 finals series was about the only time I haven't been around the Melbourne board in nearing 20 years, so I guess it's my fault for returning. :eyes:

Back