Universal Love Who is the best player who has played for the Melbourne Football Club since and including 2000? WINNER: Max Gawn

Who has been the better player for Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No one did * all then. I don't reckon half the players even thought the bump was against the rules

What did Gawn do when Maynard cleaned up Brayshaw again? Oh thats right help him get away from his teammates who had an issue.

No one is saying Gawn is a hard man champ. I’m just pointing out that you’re turning a blind eye to suit your narrative.
Mate no one stepped in for Simmonds either. The awesome act of ox was to body slam notorious hard man James Hird. Anthony McDonald I think might have said hey that was a touch unfair to longy.

An I'll say the same for Gawn with Maynard. I don't think at the the time the players thought it was a foul act

No one is saying Gawn is a hard man champ. I’m just pointing out that you’re turning a blind eye to suit your narrative.

It was a dumb point champ. I brought up Gawn get slung to the ground and stood over by a dwarf and you bring up why didnt Neitz remonstrate incidents in the 2000 grand final, to which I showed you Gawn separating a protagonist from teammates who were pissed about an incident.

No one did * all then. I don't reckon half the players even thought the bump was against the rules
Schwartz still went in

Even for the time period most people agreed at the time that bump was excessive

It's not going to change my opinion on either player. I still think Neitz should have done something after the bump, while i also think Gawn should also not flop to the smallest player in the AFL for a free

Neitz was a fearsome leader but arguably failed to stand up for his younger team-mates on Grand Final day. It's sometimes hard when you're sitting at FF but physical aggression was his bread and butter.

I don't think people would look to Gawn to do something similar - Viney is our enforcer in that situation - but even then this Dees team under Goodwin isn't really about flying the flag physically.

I don't think people would look to Gawn to do something similar - Viney is our enforcer in that situation - but even then this Dees team under Goodwin isn't really about flying the flag physically.

Viney doesn't suffer fools

I think the side shied away from physicality after Tom Bugg assaulted Mills

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the side shied away from physicality after Tom Bugg assaulted Mills

Got in before me. I actually think this is true. We used to be massive pests until this incident.

Norm smith is great, but it means * all in context. Neitz was never a chance of winning one in the teams he played in. The fact that brown is a premiership player and Neitz isn't is just disgusting

Great thread but this one took the cake. Just ignoring that Neitz did have a chance to win a Norm as he played in a Grand Final. Love it.

Max was the correct winner, some absolute nonsense discrediting him. He has been a poor captain for two years and his semi final was a disgrace that cost us that game but still an absolute colossal player for us. He has arguably been a top 5 player in the comp for multiple seasons, something Neita never was close to. Bradbury'd the Coleman in the weakest year for 30 years. Great Demon no doubt, but Max has him covered.

Back