Opinion Pick 6* – who do you want?

Who are your TWO favourite options for Pick 6*?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
picture this: a WA kid and Jason Taylor both running to the gate for a flight heading from Melbourne to Perth in a big trade week. How much of chance do you give Jason Taylor stopping the WA kid from hopping on that flight? I say 0%

Which has absolutely nothing to do with Jason Taylor.. but ok.
Losing both Jackson and Petty in 3 seasons would be a massive splotch on his resume. Not saying he can't pick up elite players but the loss of these 2 could cost us 2-3 flags. Arguably losing Jackson cost us one this year. We'll never know.

But yes, we haven't lost many in the past. Doesn't mean we should keep rolling the dice. Especially with free agency and player power only gathering more steam.

I guess, we also can't measure the amount we have to overpay to keep them. Guys like Pickett, who we paid a fortune for. Van Rooyen we'll have to pay 700k to keep him out of freo.

Losing both Jackson and Petty in 3 seasons would be a massive splotch on his resume. Not saying he can't pick up elite players but the loss of these 2 could cost us 2-3 flags. Arguably losing Jackson cost us one this year. We'll never know.

But yes, we haven't lost many in the past. Doesn't mean we should keep rolling the dice. Especially with free agency and player power only gathering more steam.

I guess, we also can't measure the amount we have to overpay to keep them. Guys like Pickett, who we paid a fortune for. Van Rooyen we'll have to pay 700k to keep him out of freo.
LOL

But not picking players from outside Vic potentially costs us a flag too. ANB, Kozz, Riv, Jackson, May, Sparrow, Spargo all come from outside Victoria.
You've got to have some faith in the club to keep them, and even if not, Think about how to maximise the years you get from them.

But not picking players from outside Vic potentially costs us a flag too. ANB, Kozz, Riv, Jackson, May, Sparrow, Spargo all come from outside Victoria.
You've got to have some faith in the club to keep them, and even if not, Think about how to maximise the years you get from them.
I do agree with this. I don't mind rolling the dice with interstaters outside the first round.

Yep definitely shouldn't have picked Jacko and Koz in the first round. Not like they helped us win a flag or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
we would've won without Jackson in 2021. in my opinion of course. He had some timely handballs in clutch times which I thank him for. But in hindsight, it was the wrong call.

we would've won without Jackson in 2021. in my opinion of course. He had some timely handballs in clutch times which I thank him for. But in hindsight, it was the wrong call.
We would have won without Jackson in 2021 but we lost this year because we didn’t have him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheessh.. after watching these highlights, there's a mixture of Bont and Pendlebury rolled in one.

Get him Dees.

Agreed, that package sold me. He looks unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Some of those kicks! If we pass on him I'll burn the club down.

No, no, no ...his perfect player comp is Troy Chaplin. Chaplin used to drill passes and side step people like that too! Why would you guys want Troy Chaplin? SO WEIRD!!

Curtin has that long body and low centre of gravity thing going on.

He really doesn't move like a 197cm bloke or whatever he is. His movement coupled with his overhead marking ability and kicking skills will be very hard to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back