Opinion Pick 6* – who do you want?

Who are your TWO favourite options for Pick 6*?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely irrelevant. I still have him as a top 3 talent. Been a fan from the moment I saw him play, just cause hes potentially sliding doesnt change anything.

Not sure how you can say it’s completely irrelevant. 95% of speculation on here is informed by the rumours and media reports about where someone will get picked.

You have been consistent on him but most people only start looking at highlight packages once someone is reported to be a top pick or there’s a rumour we’re linked to them.

Look at the Leake example, we went from nobody knowing who he was to people demanding we pick him in a couple of days.

Not sure how you can say it’s completely irrelevant. 95% of speculation on here is informed by the rumours and media reports about where someone will get picked.

You have been consistent on him but most people only start looking at highlight packages once someone is reported to be a top pick or there’s a rumour we’re linked to them.

Look at the Leake example, we went from nobody knowing who he was to people demanding we pick him in a couple of days.

Yeah, but I'll look at things objectively, not because someone may fall to us or be available at our pick or has been linked to us. Genuinely like Curtin and Leake as players. Almost as much as I like calling the club out for being a bunch of dickheads when I believe they have been.

As for the whole Danster spiel about the club drafting competitors... I couldn't give a s**t about competitors, we have enough of that sort, give me some guys with skills first and foremost, if they also happen to be a competitor that's just a bonus.

As for the whole Danster spiel about the club drafting competitors... I couldn't give a s**t about competitors, we have enough of that sort, give me some guys with skills first and foremost, if they also happen to be a competitor that's just a bonus.
Yeah it's almost like he thinks you're either jack Viney or Josh Scache. Not every player has win one on ones with their forehead. They can actually win it with smarts

Additionally, the more skilled outside types often can still go when they need to (see Hunter absolutely laying out Hoskin-Elliott on KB).

But what about in a big final vs Maynard?

But what about in a big final vs Maynard?
I do always enjoy this argument (I know it's not yours).

We led the AFL in contested possessions in 2023, 2022 and 2021 for one top-four finish. So I dare say it means **** all if someone could win a contested ball against Maynard, because it seems statistically, most of our players could.

Collingwood finished 13th in contested possessions this year, guess they'll have to hand over the expected premiership AGAIN.

I personally like O'Sullivan, Watson, Caddy and then Sanders and Curtin last. But I'll back anyone JT picks up. It's more who I hope JT rates. JT usually goes for competitors which is why I think he'll go for Tholstrup at 11 (which will be 14ish). So if we walked away with Curtin and Tholstrup I'd be a little nervous with the go home factor. Losing a player like Jackson and Petty early in their careers really puts you back. We still haven't got anything from Jackson yet. Jefferson is 1-2 years away at best and who knows how long our first pick this year takes so it's just a massive momentum killer. Same when Petty goes.
So it's the go home factor that worries you. I'm not worried about that because we lost Jackson, as I stated earlier if we can't retain players we have a retention problem. We've still managed to hang on to interstate players and managed to sign pickett up just last year. Petty just completed his 6th season and still has a contract for another two seasons hardly early in his career, we don't even know if he is leaving.

So it's the go home factor that worries you. I'm not worried about that because we lost Jackson, as I stated earlier if we can't retain players we have a retention problem. We've still managed to hang on to interstate players and managed to sign pickett up just last year. Petty just completed his 6th season and still has a contract for another two seasons hardly early in his career, we don't even know if he is leaving.
He's leaving. And this will be his last season. Throw into the equation the fact that usually a players first 2 years are development years then its a massive loss to lose any player in their early 20's. Same if we lost Van Rooyen.

He's leaving. And this will be his last season. Throw into the equation the fact that usually a players first 2 years are development years then its a massive loss to lose any player in their early 20's. Same if we lost Van Rooyen.
Will set us back five years.

But that means we'll win the premiership in 2026. 🥳

Can losing Petty next year set us back 6 years instead?

I want it to be 2018 - Hogan, Garlett and Watts in the same forward line :fire:

We hold him till his 25 contract unless the draft capital Adelaide offer unlocks a replacement key forward. Pragmatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good for him for saying it in advance, though I daresay it'll be quickly forgotten in the #VICBIAS discussions.

Imagine West Coast will be thinking about trading out of next year's first round now.

Question: can pick trading on draft night involve multiple clubs or is it only two-club swaps?

If North could get our pick 6 and then do 2 and 6 for pick 1 and WC future first, that seems to be a pretty strong deal for both clubs.

I’m sure WC would initially ask for 2 and 3 but North would only do that if they rated Reid more than getting both McKercher and Duursma.

Question: can pick trading on draft night involve multiple clubs or is it only two-club swaps?

If North could get our pick 6 and then do 2 and 6 for pick 1 and WC future first, that seems to be a pretty strong deal for both clubs.

I’m sure WC would initially ask for 2 and 3 but North would only do that if they rated Reid more than getting both McKercher and Duursma.
What would we get though

What would we get though
Could we give 6 and 11 for 3 and a later pick?

In that scenario, North get Reid, WCE get Curtin, and we get Dursma. Would all be very conditional on North being happy to wait until 11 for their second pick this year, but justifying it through getting the additonal F1st

there's nothing in this interview we haven't heard before...

apparently I had to do my research before people would engage with me?

look at everyone change now and try to get out of taking him at pick 6. massive Lol.

Hope more than ever now we take him at pick 6 just so I can hear you melt for 3 years about him wanting to go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back