Opinion Pick 6* – who do you want?

Who are your TWO favourite options for Pick 6*?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the dees recruiting team will want to secure a key position player out of this draft.

in my opinion, pick 6 will come down to choice of Curtin, O'Sullivan and Caddy with pick 11 to be used on a midfielder/half forward in either Leake, Windsor or Tholstrup.

I think the dees recruiting team will want to secure a key position player out of this draft.

in my opinion, pick 6 will come down to choice of Curtin, O'Sullivan and Caddy with pick 11 to be used on a midfielder/half forward in either Leake, Windsor or Tholstrup.
IMO Wilson is more likely to be there at 11* than Windsor or Leake. If we want Leake, it'll likely need to be at 6* as GWS/Geelong will probably snap him up straight after us.

Whilst Wilson is highly likely to be still there I still think we have those 3 ahead of him.
Definitely agree in terms of Leake and Windsor. Tholstrup vs Wilson is a bit more subjective, can see arguments for both

I'd be very, very happy with this outcome.

Playing around with some mocks, and if North goes Duursma and McKercher and Hawthorn goes Watson, as per a lot of the rumours floating about, I reckon we're a good shot at winding up with the two WA boys, Curtin and Tholstrup. This is what I was toying with this morning:

1. West Coast – Harley Reid
  2. Gold Coast – Jed Walter (matched bid)
  3. North Melbourne – Zane Duursma
  4. North Melbourne – Colby McKercher
  5. Hawthorn – Nick Watson
  6. Western Bulldogs – Ryley Sanders
  7. Gold Coast – Ethan Read (matched bid)
  8. Melbourne – Daniel Curtin
  9. GWS – James Leake
  10. Geelong – Connor O'Sullivan
  11. Essendon – Nate Caddy
  12. Adelaide – Caleb Windsor
  13. Melbourne – Koltyn Tholstrup

Similar play to taking the three WA kids in 2019 (Jackson, Pickett, Rivers). For Pick 11 (13), if Leake and Windsor are off the board, it'd likely come down to the pacy winger in Wilson vs the explosive high half-forward in Tholstrup. The latter seems a bit more like a JT pick.

This would all get blown out of the water if Curtin goes to North/Hawthorn, and the second pick could be different if Geelong, Essendon and Adelaide get involved in early trades as rumoured.

Get the sense that we'll taken Curtin if he's there, and Leake if he's not. If Watson and/or Sanders slide, I'm sure the club will consider them (much to the dismay of many on here).

Playing around with some mocks, and if North goes Duursma and McKercher and Hawthorn goes Watson, as per a lot of the rumours floating about, I reckon we're a good shot at winding up with the two WA boys, Curtin and Tholstrup. This is what I was toying with this morning:

1. West Coast – Harley Reid
  2. Gold Coast – Jed Walter (matched bid)
  3. North Melbourne – Zane Duursma
  4. North Melbourne – Colby McKercher
  5. Hawthorn – Nick Watson
  6. Western Bulldogs – Ryley Sanders
  7. Gold Coast – Ethan Read (matched bid)
  8. Melbourne – Daniel Curtin
  9. GWS – James Leake
  10. Geelong – Connor O'Sullivan
  11. Essendon – Nate Caddy
  12. Adelaide – Caleb Windsor
  13. Melbourne – Koltyn Tholstrup

Similar play to taking the three WA kids in 2019 (Jackson, Pickett, Rivers). For Pick 11 (13), if Leake and Windsor are off the board, it'd likely come down to the pacy winger in Wilson vs the explosive high half-forward in Tholstrup. The latter seems a bit more like a JT pick.

This would all get blown out of the water if Curtin goes to North/Hawthorn, and the second pick could be different if Geelong, Essendon and Adelaide get involved in early trades as rumoured.

Get the sense that we'll taken Curtin if he's there, and Leake if he's not. If Watson and/or Sanders slide, I'm sure the club will consider them (much to the dismay of many on here).
Think I’d prefer Darcy Wilson if it falls this way.

If Curtin is gone it has to be one of Leake, O'Sullivan or Caddy (despite my reservations about him at least its a point of difference on our list)

if not...

someone GIF

He's leaving. And this will be his last season. Throw into the equation the fact that usually a players first 2 years are development years then its a massive loss to lose any player in their early 20's. Same if we lost Van Rooyen.

Actually don’t think Petty is a lock to leave next year. If adelaide don’t offer better than what our compo looks like the year after there isn’t much reason to trade him.

Could we give 6 and 11 for 3 and a later pick?

In that scenario, North get Reid, WCE get Curtin, and we get Dursma. Would all be very conditional on North being happy to wait until 11 for their second pick this year, but justifying it through getting the additonal F1st

Yeah something along those lines was my thought, but no point suggesting it if you can’t do 3 way trades on the night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petty might have a change of heart, many players do. Sitting in rehab is terrible.

If he recovers well and kicks some bags at full forward next year and we are moving the ball better - I'm sure he will reconsider

Papley was set on going home to Carlton but never did.

Actually don’t think Petty is a lock to leave next year. If adelaide don’t offer better than what our compo looks like the year after there isn’t much reason to trade him.
so if we're still a top 4 team, our compensation would only be after our first rounder anyway right? i.e. nothing in the top 14 picks for Petty.

yeah well, they only have their first rounder so most likely that's all it would be. Adelaide will be pushing top 4 next year too.

Adelaide can also trade players and future picks to find a way to make an offer more attractive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think we are as badly off up forward. as some are trying to make out.
yes TMac and BBB are cooked to a crisp.

But JvR will be in his 3rd season, and Petty is more than handy for 2024.

Our small forwards are good and Pickett has to learn to keep his feet on the ground. Where hes more dangerous. His speed and foot skills.

Our biggest issue has, IMV, been our game-style coming out of defence. slowly, slowly, drowns the talls. Helps our tall defenders on the way back, but kills our scoring ability, and its boring.

We need to become more attacking, and more aggressive generally.

I would jump on O'Sullivan with our 1st pick. can play either end, anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back