Universal Love Who is the best player who has played for the Melbourne Football Club since and including 2000? WINNER: Max Gawn

Who has been the better player for Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Winner
Anyway, to confirm, Max Gawn is the winner! šŸ„³
  • David Neitz: 17 (43%)
  • Max Gawn: 23 (57%)

Thanks for participating, everybody. Please respond with an appropriate meme from the public offline audiovisual-based animated pop-culture television program The Simpsons.

Great thread but this one took the cake. Just ignoring that Neitz did have a chance to win a Norm as he played in a Grand Final. Love it.

Cept he didn't. We were one of the biggest underdogs of all time and even if he'd kicked 7 he still wouldn't have been able to win it. Don't rewrite history mate.

Anyway, to confirm, Max Gawn is the winner! šŸ„³
  • David Neitz: 17 (43%)
  • Max Gawn: 23 (57%)

Thanks for participating, everybody. Please respond with an appropriate meme from the public offline audiovisual-based animated pop-culture television program The Simpsons.

bully-boo.gif

Cept he didn't. We were one of the biggest underdogs of all time and even if he'd kicked 7 he still wouldn't have been able to win it. Don't rewrite history mate.
If he kicked 7 maybe the team wins though. Of course we were massive underdogs but he was still there and did nothing. We were underdogs in 2021 when Bont kicked his third and BT gave him the medal, but Petracca and co stood up and won the bloody thing.

Re-writing history is saying he never had the chance to win a Norm Smith when he played in a Grand Final. That's just nonsense.

If he kicked 7 maybe the team wins though. Of course we were massive underdogs but he was still there and did nothing. We were underdogs in 2021 when Bont kicked his third and BT gave him the medal, but Petracca and co stood up and won the bloody thing.

Re-writing history is saying he never had the chance to win a Norm Smith when he played in a Grand Final. That's just nonsense.
Lol we lost by 10 goals and Neitz kicked 2. Even if he kicks 5 more we still lose heavily against a team who was miles better than us.

If you wanna believe Neitz had a chance of winning that go right ahead and tell ya self that mate.

2021 GF comparison makes no sense. We were heavy favourites going in and won by a shitload and that wasnt because of one player. One player can't win you a GF

Lol we lost by 10 goals and Neitz kicked 2. Even if he kicks 5 more we still lose heavily against a team who was miles better than us.

If you wanna believe Neitz had a chance of winning that go right ahead and tell ya self that mate.

2021 GF comparison makes no sense. We were heavy favourites going in and won by a shitload and that wasnt because of one player. One player can't win you a GF
Your arguments don't make sense.

If Neitz kicks 7 goals instead of 2 the entire game would be different. You don't just add his goals to the score and say that's that.

I never said Petracca is the only player who won the game in 2021. My point is during that game we were underdogs and won, which does happen in sport. So in 2000 despite being massive underdogs, Neitz had a chance to win a Norm Smith despite you saying he never had the opportunity. It's not like he is Ben McKay, he actually played in a Grand Final. Dismissing Petracca's Norm Smith was a silly argument.

Your arguments don't make sense.

If Neitz kicks 7 goals instead of 2 the entire game would be different. You don't just add his goals to the score and say that's that.

I never said Petracca is the only player who won the game in 2021. My point is during that game we were underdogs and won, which does happen in sport. So in 2000 despite being massive underdogs, Neitz had a chance to win a Norm Smith despite you saying he never had the opportunity. It's not like he is Ben McKay, he actually played in a Grand Final. Dismissing Petracca's Norm Smith was a silly argument.
We weren't underdogs lol we were behind by a couple goals. We were massive favourites and a much better team.

In 2000 it was 72 inside 50s to 44 and 20 shots on goals 40. He actually took the most marks inside 50 of any player on the ground. He did ok. But let's ignore that they played the best single season team of all time and pretend Neitz was a great chance of winning šŸ˜‚

Insane to think Neitz had any reasonable chance of winning the norm smith.

We weren't underdogs lol we were behind by a couple goals. We were massive favourites and a much better team.

In 2000 it was 72 inside 50s to 44 and 20 shots on goals 40. He actually took the most marks inside 50 of any player on the ground. He did ok. But let's ignore that they played the best single season team of all time and pretend Neitz was a great chance of winning šŸ˜‚

Insane to think Neitz had any reasonable chance of winning the norm smith.
You're kidding yourself if you think we were massive favourites when 19 points down.

My point re your Neitz v Petracca argument is to dismiss the Norm Smith completely is poor form for that match up as Neitz also played in a Grand Final. Fair enough if it was against Davey I can see the logic, but not when against someone who also played in a Grand Final.

You're kidding yourself if you think we were massive favourites when 19 points down.

My point re your Neitz v Petracca argument is to dismiss the Norm Smith completely is poor form for that match up as Neitz also played in a Grand Final. Fair enough if it was against Davey I can see the logic, but not when against someone who also played in a Grand Final.
We were massive favourites going into the game mate stop changing the argument, we were a 1 in 1000 chance of winning the game against Essendon. Even if we had been 20 points up in the 3rd quarter we never would have been favorites against that team they were shitloads better than us.

Lol.
Name the norm smith medal winners from teams that lost by 10 goals or more. I'll wait.

If you take the norm smith alone into account then you're saying Petracca was better because he had better team mates and that's it. Same s**t as saying James Jordan > than David Neitz because he won a premiership. You know cause if Neitz had played better he could have won the whole game on his own

We were massive favourites going into the game mate stop changing the argument, we were a 1 in 1000 chance of winning the game against Essendon. Even if we had been 20 points up in the 3rd quarter we never would have been favorites against that team they were shitloads better than us.

Lol.
Name the norm smith medal winners from teams that lost by 10 goals or more. I'll wait.

If you take the norm smith alone into account then you're saying Petracca was better because he had better team mates and that's it. Same s**t as saying James Jordan > than David Neitz because he won a premiership. You know cause if Neitz had played better he could have won the whole game on his own
You're going off the rails here and changing your arguments, not me. I agree that Neitz deserved to progress over Petracca, but ignoring the Norm Smith was not the argument to make.

You're going off the rails here and changing your arguments, not me. I agree that Neitz deserved to progress over Petracca, but ignoring the Norm Smith was not the argument to make.
Nope, mines been consistent you're just failing to understand it. All good

Round 1: Tom Gillies v Harley Balic
Chris Dawes v James Sellar
Shannon Byrnes v Ben Kennedy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Neitz talked he sounded blocked up in the nose a lot.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Love Neita. Hugely underrated player within AFL ranks imo. Was a gun. But that voice is a shocker. Same with Sticks Kernahan. Thankfully for both, they stood up on the field because how could you run out to battle as a player listening to those voices!

Love Neita. Hugely underrated player within AFL ranks imo. Was a gun. But that voice is a shocker. Same with Sticks Kernahan. Thankfully for both, they stood up on the field because how could you run out to battle as a player listening to those voices!
Terry Wallace.

Amazing he was able to have a job on radio for two decades.

While we're on the subject, I really couldn't stand Matt Campbell when he commentated. I can handle the Dwayne's and Hamish's. But his voice just really bothered me for some reason

Think he would beat May?

Vince and Hibberd would get a lot of love on here as well.

Opposite poll of best player to leave. The Wiz and Scott Thompson come to mind immediately. Dogga Jackson could top them all in the end though.
Fair call on May, forgot about him maybe because he is still playing, would definitely consider

The only knock i will say on Neita, is he didn't fly the flag for his teammate (i forget who Long KO'd) on Grand Final day when he it's one of those few times you certainly should have

(Still voted for him)
I've actually heard Neitz get asked this question in an interview. Not sure if it was Open Mike or Robbo live?

He explained that he actually didn't see the hit in itself. He said there was so many spot fires going on around the ground as players were getting heated, that he wasn't even focusing on the state of play.

He then looked up and saw Simmonds on the ground out cold but didn't know who hit him.

I've actually heard Neitz get asked this question in an interview. Not sure if it was Open Mike or Robbo live?

He explained that he actually didn't see the hit in itself. He said there was so many spot fires going on around the ground as players were getting heated, that he wasn't even focusing on the state of play.

He then looked up and saw Simmonds on the ground out cold but didn't know who hit him.
That was in referral to the Green incident in open mike not simmonds. Timestamped

I don't know if Simmonds was mentioned on Robbo live or not... idk the simmonds one seemed very obvious, but I of course wasn't in Neita's shoes that day

Back