Opinion Since 2000, when have you felt most invested with the Melbourne Football Club?

Since 2000, when have you felt most invested with the Melbourne Football Club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

are people actually jumping ship because of playing style?

who did you support before melbourne?

This thread is here for fun, but I don't blame anyone who would rather watch the Giants than Melbourne.

Basically everyone on this board has been a long suffering supporter and we've all invested thousands if not tens of thousands into the club. We finally start to come good, win a flag which was amazing then we become an incredibly arrogant footy club who refuses to learn from its mistakes and is now seriously wasting a very good side. I can't blame any supporter for being extremely disappointed in how we're doing, I know I myself won't be renewing my membership this year until I actually see real change.

Most won’t. Some might.

I am stuck with Melbourne until I die, but this doesn’t prevent me from not enjoying the way we play - hell, that’s been more or less 90 percent of the time I’ve been supporting this stupid club.

I haven’t any problem with anyone who does want to follow something that doesn’t make them want to set fire to their legs on a weekly basis. Even more so, if it is money thing, I don’t want the club to feel that they have me body and soul regardless. I don’t have that much money and I will stop flinging it pointlessly at them if it feels like they are taking the piss. Every time I look at our website, I have a horrible feeling they are. Or that they are so out of touch that they don’t have a clue.

While I can’t bring myself to support another club , watching how other clubs are playing now just makes our efforts look embarrassing. Maybe we will get lucky and improve, maybe some actual heat will come to club and coach . It was the first game for points , Still looks like a lot of huffing and puffing for very little reward.

This pisses me off. I emailed the club saying I'd signed up as a GWS member and wouldn't re sign while we played this style and got a generic reply saying ' we see you aren't a member in 2024 so you will not be charged'
Didn't even read what I said lol

I'm more pissed off about your situation, if someone's been a member for 12 months and it lapses they should contacting you let alone someone who's been a member that long.
Under Jim Stynes they would have, under this leadership the club has become a big complacent mess.

Melbourne copying the Trac Instagram reply to you and everyone like you : "don't support us then" 😂

I’m back on board with the dees.

I just got an email from the club and I’ve registered for the junior club member Mini Captain so I can see my face on the big screen at the G!

I will be so ******* furious if I’m ruled out.

Mate I've been waking up every morning at between 2-4 am before work to watch Melbourne play for a decade and watched Melbourne for alot longer than that. after last week I am genuinely questioning if I even bother any more, why would I spend 3 hours watching something I don't like?

Used to be my favourite movie, now it's a painstakingly slow movie I don't like and it's on repeat every single bloody week.

I could never ever have imagined watching Melbourne in a finals series and not caring if we won or lost but that's how I felt during the games last year. It was so ******* boring

I'll probably ******* punish me self again next week and watch, but a club who cares about itself like GWS can have me
money

I honestly have this really weird nostalgia for 2015. Yes, we had some atrocious losses that year but we also had some spirited wins against the likes of Richmond, WB, Geelong and Collingwood. It was one of those years where I'd go to games with zero expectations and feel pleasantly surprised if we'd win.

I can remember us beating GWS in the final round (Daniel Cross' farewell game) and for the first time in years I felt genuinely positive about where the club was heading.

I honestly have this really weird nostalgia for 2015. Yes, we had some atrocious losses that year but we also had some spirited wins against the likes of Richmond, WB, Geelong and Collingwood. It was one of those years where I'd go to games with zero expectations and feel pleasantly surprised if we'd win.

I can remember us beating GWS in the final round (Daniel Cross' farewell game) and for the first time in years I felt genuinely positive about where the club was heading.
Yeah the second half of 2015 was great you could see we started to turn the corner. 2016 as well we had a close loss to hawthorn earlier in the season, then a great win at the end of the season.

2015 was the year we killed Press Red for Ed.

As soon as Peter Jackson stepped in and started talking to members I was fully invested. I was a bag of s**t back then and he was someone honest with practical philosphies for dealing with bags of s**t. Could listen to that guy talk for hours. Paul Roos was fun to listen to as well.

Back then, I trusted the admin of the club. Everything was falling into place and you could tell the footy would follow. Now it's all cliche and arrogance and it's obvious the footy will turn again.

Beyond that, agree that we're horrendously boring and predictable to watch. Ridiculous considering the list Tim Lamb & Jason Taylor have put together. I've never been less invested for as long as I've followed the demons. Considering switching to Tassie when they come in.

15-16 I have a soft spot for because there was zero expectations but we were starting to see previews of what the team could become.

2017 had an awful ending but we played some great footy, 2018 the same but winning two finals at the mcg against the two teams that tormented us was fever dream stuff.

Now we’re burdened by expectation and an awful style to watch. I said preseason I’d rather us finish 7-8 and play an exciting style whilst picking younger guys than finish top 4 and repeat 22-23.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weirdly, I’m starting to like Melbourne more after reading this. That’s brilliant

Dear Nick,

I don't even know what a 'campaigner' is.

Please stop emailing us.

Kind regards,

Aniesha

You've never liked me :(
Not at all.

I just like this innovative new strategy to piss people off as much as possible. It’s where the on field and off field seem to be coming together.

I would like Pert to send an all member email telling everyone to either shut the * up or join GWS

Not at all.

I just like this innovative new strategy to piss people off as much as possible. It’s where the on field and off field seem to be coming together.

I would like Pert to send an all member email telling everyone to either shut the * up or join GWS
* I hope more than anything this somehow ends with Trac on AFL 360 telling supporters to either get behind us or leave for GWS

Back