Delisted #2: Ricky Dyson

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there's a fair chance you are right. He would have been a handy pick up for someone like Melbourne.

Being 26 and going on 27 might not have helped his chances, as well. But you are right, some of the football he played just last year was very good.

Should be able to get games at Dogs, Richmond, Melbourne, is good enough to play for the start up sides and I see no reason why he couldn't play for Port and Brisbane.

I heard bundoora somewhere during the pre-season. not sure if that came to fruition though

It's unfortunate, I really thought he'd get a shot elsewhere, let alone in our VFL team.

Its been intimated his body may have had a lot to do with it. A fit Dyson would surely be more useful than Van Unen at the moment while we make a tilt. He's been seen with some of the current team watching our VFL games, so it implies there is no bad feelings.

Its been intimated his body may have had a lot to do with it. A fit Dyson would surely be more useful than Van Unen at the moment while we make a tilt. He's been seen with some of the current team watching our VFL games, so it implies there is no bad feelings.

Wouldn't he be pissed off at the coaches rather than his former teammates?

Wouldn't he be pissed off at the coaches rather than his former teammates?
Well, and the club. But if you're not ok with the club/coaches, why would you turn up to a VFL match rather than catching up with your mates in another setting? Obviously isn't "proof", but just an indicator that there may be no harsh feelings, which might mean it wasn't as simple as being cut because he was perceived as not required.

Should be able to get games at Dogs, Richmond, Melbourne, is good enough to play for the start up sides and I see no reason why he couldn't play for Port and Brisbane.

Would not get a game at Richmond. Would probably be in & out of the Western Bulldogs side, same with Port & Brisbane. Would easily have cemented a spot at GWS/Melbourne. It's a shame no one took a punt on him. A few players at the clubs mentioned who are less the player Ricky is/was.

Judging by his twitter, is still a bombers man :thumbsu:

https://twitter.com/RickyDyson

Would not get a game at Richmond. Would probably be in & out of the Western Bulldogs side, same with Port & Brisbane. Would easily have cemented a spot at GWS/Melbourne. It's a shame no one took a punt on him. A few players at the clubs mentioned who are less the player Ricky is/was.

He's a better footballer than ricky petterd, who richmond seem to like for some bizarre reason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would get a game ahead of Petterd at Richmond. Would be in the Port side and definitely Brisbane

His 2012 form is better than anything Houli has produced. He is as fast, an even better kick and on 2012 form he holds up much better under pressure.

His 2012 form is better than anything Houli has produced. He is as fast, an even better kick and on 2012 form he holds up much better under pressure.

I have to respectfully disagree. I'm not the biggest fan of Houli, but he has actually played some really good football since moving to Richmond. Dyson would have him on a few areas, but overall Houli is the better overall player.

Good on ya Ricky

Will he still be playing?

Don't know for sure but would think so - always been a good athlete and in good shape. It's pleasing to see that most clubs disagree with ASADA/WADA - if they truly viewed these guys as cheats deserving of penalties they wouldn't be appointing them as coaches would they? It's a great show of support for Ricky and something the entire 34 should get comfort out of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back