Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

exercising my rights of free speech and i'm not a 2 faced suck up. I never rated him as a champion of our club or game.

Is that not allowed?
The people disagreeing with you are exercising their right to freedom of speech.

And how is anyone sucking up to him? It’s figbooty mate. We’re basically just a bunch of nerds shouting into the ether. No one that matters will ever read this.

Retiring Essendon ruckman Tom Bellchambers admits the group of players who were suspended as part of the supplement saga back in 2016 are as tight as a premiership team.
Bellchambers, who today announced he is hanging up the boots, was among the 17 then-current players banned for 12 months by WADA.

Captain Dyson Heppell and key defenders Cale Hooker and Michael Hurley will be the remaining three players from that group on Essendon’s list in 2021 following the ruckman’s decision.
Jake Carlisle, Stewart Crameri, Angus Monfries, Paddy Ryder and Jake Melksham departed the Bombers at the time, Jobe Watson, Brent Stanton, Tayte Pears, David Myers, Heath Hocking and Ben Howlett are out of the league and Travis Colyer (Fremantle) and Michael Hibberd (Melbourne) are at other clubs.
Bellchambers says that group of players have an extremely close bond.
“From a personal point of view, 2012-2013 was probably my more successful years when we had James Hird coaching at the club, we had a pretty successful team around Hirdy and we were quite successful those couple of years,” he told SEN’s Bob and Andy.
“For me it’s more about the bonds that you make and unfortunately we went through a bit of a sh-t time over a couple of year period, but in saying that, the bond from that and the friendships that have come around from that time at the club, I daresay they’re similar to premiership reunion catchups.
“Those 16 boys that were involved in that, we’ve gone through something that not a lot of players have gone through, so although it’s not something I’d wish upon too many people, the bond that has come from that is something that’s going to stick with me for the rest of my career.

Thanks for your service big fella. In your prime you were a fine ruck technician and a very solid resting forward. You and Paddy were pretty close to the best ruck/forward combo in the AFL.

Thanks also for being a good bloke - seen him around Port Melbourne many times with Chook and both have always been friendly and accomodating.

Fare thee well, Tommy Bell.
Thank you for your loyalty and service and being a bit of a mongrel on-field when necessary, for kicking goals when Luey could not and having an ace partnership with Paddy for a while. Moving like the Drunken Master happens to all of us sooner or later. At least you kept fighting. And may your first child be a masculine child.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Technically if you're a paying member you're everyone's boss, so really, you matter more than the players, the coaches and the board!
Haha not sure I can see my name on the org chart but I get your point.

I suggest going on down to Tullamarine and reminding Xavier that as his boss you expect regular progress reports.
I might even become a workplace bully. Not like he can fire me.

My biggest regret - and I would hope his - is the change in number.

The #2 was just never him.

A big man needs a big number. There was something great about him in the big #44

Let this be a lesson in future. I don't wanna see Draper in some single-figure rubbish.
Kreuzer, Grundy, McEvoy, Ryder (Port version) all wore single digit numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back