Media 200 Games of NaturalDisaster - The Good, The Bad and The Admin

Remove this Banner Ad

1653016084964.png

You know what I love more than a good disaster movie? A bad disaster movie. So bad in fact that it's actually good.

A movie where some absolutely improbable scenario that one crackpot scientist ( grumbleguts probably) tries to warn people about, who dismiss him for being some nutcase flog who's spent too much time in a laboratory, a Bunsen burner his only friend. Then wouldn't you know it, the absolutely improbable scenario happens, then the crackpot scientist saves the World with the help of a couple of kids and their pet dog. You know, something like this:

In the land of Sweet there's only one natural disaster and that, of course, is NaturalDisaster . The soon-to-be ex-admin is many things to many people, but for me he is the epitome of a disaster movie - so bad that he's good, NaturalDisaster is a force of nature, equal parts heroic and catastrophic with a lightning-rod like ability to absorb whatever's thrown at him and neutralising the threat for the good of those around him.

Often the butt of many jokes, he doesn't always get things right:

And he's criticised constantly:

But in terms of personalities in Sweet, Jerry NaturalDisaster is HUGE:

Coney Island traditionally don't do milestones well. From being given sound floggings to having milestone players 'disappear' from the sim, for the Warriors they are the equivalent to celebrating your mother-in-law's birthday. So to counter this we've begun to announce some of them after they've happened. Which is why we're here to retrospectively celebrate NaturalDisaster's 200th match, which was last week. Bloody sim knew though, and still gave us a loss. I'm not being critical though, in case anybody's wondering [starts sweating nervously].

Anyhoo, this isn't about Coney Island but all about ND. Here's his 200 games in statistical form (with thanks to the ever-generous Hate for doing the needful):

NaturalDisaster​
GMS​
200​
Club(s)​
PHX (41), CIW (76), FUR (83)​
HO​
216​
K​
1376​
M​
492​
HB​
1214​
T​
326​
FF​
193​
FA​
169​
G​
181​
B​
104​
D​
2590​
DT​
10428​
MM​
40/18​
W-D-L​
97-3-100​

Sweet F.A Administrator (S31 - *)
Frankston Rover Award (S29)
Coney Island Warriors Leading Goalkicker (S30)
Fighting Furies Captain (S25-26)

Highest DreamTeam Points:
DreamTeam Points - Season 28, Round 06 - Sin City Swamprats vs. (East Side Phoenix)
100+ DreamTeam Points:
x9
occasions
Highest Disposals:
Disposals - Season 27, Round 05 - (East Side Phoenix) vs. Gold City Royals
20+ Disposals:
x39
occasions
Highest Goals:
Goals - Season 29, Round 02 - Roys FFCS vs. (East Side Phoenix)
5+ Goals:
x8
occasions
Highest Tackles:
Tackles - x2 occasions
Highest Hitouts:
Hitouts - Season 28, Round 06 - Sin City Swamprats vs. (East Side Phoenix)​

As part of the celebration, I asked some of the Sweeterati to send a message to ND, and this is what they had to say...

BLUEALLTHRU
Getting asked to put something together for a tribute to @NaturalDisaster felt at first to be like having my wife tell me that her Mum's coming to live with us! What did I ******* do!!!

In all seriousness we but heads all the time and don't see eye to eye on much at all. A rivalry like Batman and Two Face if you will, but I will say one thing about him and that is he hangs s**t but he can take it too and I like that about @NaturalDisaster.

As my mate @Bovo says about him regularly "The guy is that bad the Australian Government have set up a fund for the poor campaigners that have to deal with him. The Natural Disaster fund".

Congrats on your 200th @NaturalDisaster you ******* smooth brain mental midget!

Chipmunk
Congratulations ND on 200 games! A fantastic achievement, and I look forward to seeing what’s next :)

ClarkeM
Cool stuff ND. You're weird as duck. Weirder than me, and that's saying something.

Close Contest (or whatever his name is)
Congratulation to ND, a man with a most impressive CV.

SFA captain, multiple All-SFA selections, winning SoO Captain, Administrator, Moderator, Frankston Rover Award winner, record-holder for captaining the largest grand final loss in SFA history.

You are an absolute inspiration. You inspire people in the SFA by being living proof that you need neither skill nor competency to achieve plenty in this league and long may you continue to be an inspiration for seasons to come.

- KP

P.s. I'll be back as KP in no time

damicky
Congratulations on 200 Sweet FA games, ND

Despite what many others say about you, I think you are amazing good only a little bit of a flog compared to @ImissFrosty

Looking forward to many more seasons of banter with you

Enjoy your retirement from Admin

🍻 The Cheese

DenieD
Congrats on 200 games NaturalDisaster. Had great fun posting with you as teammates for my first two seasons. You've got a lot of shtick for your adminship, but I can say you've been the best (only) admin I've had :$

You will always be Ron Swanson

Dingster
Every story needs a villain and ND has been the villain Sweet loves to hate, but he always fronts up and gives as good as he gets. He's been great value in the simmers PM but you know Wazzas don't win milestone games so bad luck ND on your 200!

FootyGuy13
NaturalDisaster is the best admin I've seen while I've been here. It's also impressive how many opposition players only show up to try and fight ND whenever we play certain teams.

Hate
Congratulations to NaturalDisaster on playing 200 games in the Sweet Football Association. This is no short of a herculean effort, to reach this wonderful milestone. NaturalDisaster has had a great career so far, and if he looks to play a further 200 games, he best apply further penalties to clubs who breach the leagues laws. I wish him the greatest of success in his match on Sunday and hope he produces a great performance for the annals of Qooty history.

Headless
Hello to everybody reading this message. I trust this will be one of several in a nice tribute thread, where most people skim over the messages and don't pay too much attention.

I'd like to say several things about my dear friend NaturalDisaster - so I will! :laughv1: I think ND is a very nice person, and I hear ND recently played 200 games. So I've prepared this short acrostic poem for the reading pleasure of all.

Nice!
Awesome and nice!
Thoughtful and nice!
Um - nice!
Really, really nice!
Awesome and nice!
Loving and nice!
Darn diddly nice!
I think ND is nice!
So nice!
Awesome and nice!
So nice!
Terrifically nice!
Er - nice!
Really, really nice!

NaturalDisaster has been a wonderful contributor to these boards across many platforms. As a poster, ND is always engaging and willing to get involved. As an admin and mod, ND simply wants best for the league. Nobody here could deny that ND has invested more energy into this place than most - thank you, ND, for all of your contributions.

Happy 200th, my dear friend.

ImissFrosty
ND may be stupid, a terrible admin, a midget, mentally challenged and a terrible poster but he is still a homie.

Kilroy
I barely read any media in my first season and @NaturalDisaster was just another metal fan to me. But he had aspirations and became Admin in a landslide.

@VeinGlorious would take the piss out of him in public, but in private had no real beef with him. Tony Lynn 15 had great respect for the man he constantly berated in the media.

I may be dishonourably discharged for this, and I probably gave him some angst for being part of the infamous Nerd Club, but on some of the more important measures, I reckon he’s done alright as an Admin.

We’re not about to recruit him, but you can bet many of his critics would.

Congratulations on your 200 ND.

Play us a tune, mate!

Mobbs
Congratulations ND on the 200 game milestone. We don't cross paths much, you're out on the bluster and snipe side of the league and I'm here among the marshmallows, but I have good memories of net-nanny'ing your GIFs, pisstaking your match posting quirks, and, well you were the guy starting but never finishing a media thread before it became cool. Enjoy the celebrations!

Moz
Congratulations mate. 200 games is a fine achievement. I'm sure you'll place that trophy at the front of your ever expanding trophy cabinet of sfa achievements, which is no doubt front and centre as you walk into your front door.

Ned_Flanders
The saddest part of my career is my inability to purge this man properly from the league. I blame myself for the suffering you have all endured, and apologize profusely

pantskyle
Well done on 200 mediocre games. Just kidding, they were worse than mediocre. Further joking aside you're probably the best natural disaster I have witnessed but your list of victims is disgustingly long. Good day.

philreich
I just learned something - @NaturalDisaster has played 1 more game than me. So I reckon the Warriors should drop him for a game, so I can catch up: perhaps for their upcoming elimination final (or would that actually strengthen the team for such an important game?) :).

Congrats to ND on the 200 milestone - may there be many more.

PMBangers
ND would have to be the worst 200 gamer ever

por_please_ya
Congratulations to our good friend ND on achieving his 200-game milestone. Only 200 games?! I assumed he'd been here for centuries like @Mobbs...:think:

RobR
Congratulations on 200 games @natural disaster, 200 games in this place is no mean feat. I can say that we've never had an argument because we've never spoke, that must mean i won all the arguments. He took on a job that would heed little thanks so i won't thank him but i wish him the best for his future Qooty qareer.

serial_thrilla
Congrats ND on not being delisted from your Sweet FA team of choice over the last 11 seasons. Your career highlights of "Sweet FA Admin for 2.5 seasons" and "491 posts in a single match thread" shall go down in Sweet infamy. In recognition of your milestone, I will do my utmost to remind you daily that that gap between your local platform and train is large enough for you to fit through - and for you to take care in not falling through it again.
Best wishes, ST.

Sterge
Nah f*ck that guy

Suns Supreme
@NaturalDisaster is an angry little garden gnome and the I can't wait for him to duck off and retire.

TheInjuryFactory
A lot of people say @NaturalDisaster is a muppet. They say he's inept, he's out of his depth, he's a s**t captain, a faux tough guy, a s**t for brains, he's ruined the league, can't banter for s**t and melts with the best of them.

But to those people I say... he's also a Warrior.

Congratulations on 200 Sweet FA games ND, you're one of the good ones.

Tigerturbulance
It just seems like yesterday when you held me in your young firm hands after delivering me to the Sweet FA S25, how time has flown by. When I looked into your blank blood shot eyes and saw the drool running down your chin I would never have expected you to make it to your 50th game, little known 200 games!

So congratulations Naturaldumbarse on defying the critics and be still standing after all these seasons.

nd tt dad.jpg

TJASTA
Ye'll meet the rope's end for that, ye sorry, festerin' sea dog!

U2tigers
Not many posters fit into this place more then ND does.

I Don't think there would be any posters who don't like him, and if there is, it's their issue, shame on them.

ND is happy to take the piss out of himself, as well as give it to others, a great trait to have in the Land of Sweet.

Congrats on 200 ND, a great milestone.

On behalf of myself, the Warriors, the Sweet FA, BigFooty and indeed the whole World, a hearty congratulation to you NaturalDisaster on reaching 200 games. Long may you continue to grace the lad of Sweet with your patented brand of heroic catastrophe.

You know what I love more than a good disaster movie? A bad disaster movie. So bad in fact that it's actually good.

A movie where some absolutely improbable scenario that one crackpot scientist ( grumbleguts probably) tries to warn people about, who dismiss him for being some nutcase flog who's spent too much time in a laboratory, a Bunsen burner his only friend. Then wouldn't you know it, the absolutely improbable scenario happens, then the crackpot scientist saves the World with the help of a couple of kids and their pet dog. You know, something like this:

In the land of Sweet there's only one natural disaster and that, of course, is NaturalDisaster . The soon-to-be ex-admin is many things to many people, but for me he is the epitome of a disaster movie - so bad that he's good, NaturalDisaster is a force of nature, equal parts heroic and catastrophic with a lightning-rod like ability to absorb whatever's thrown at him and neutralising the threat for the good of those around him.

Often the butt of many jokes, he doesn't always get things right:

And he's criticised constantly:

But in terms of personalities in Sweet, Jerry NaturalDisaster is HUGE:

Coney Island traditionally don't do milestones well. From being given sound floggings to having milestone players 'disappear' from the sim, for the Warriors they are the equivalent to celebrating your mother-in-law's birthday. So to counter this we've begun to announce some of them after they've happened. Which is why we're here to retrospectively celebrate NaturalDisaster's 200th match, which was last week. Bloody sim knew though, and still gave us a loss. I'm not being critical though, in case anybody's wondering [starts sweating nervously].

Anyhoo, this isn't about Coney Island but all about ND. Here's his 200 games in statistical form (with thanks to the ever-generous Hate for doing the needful):

NaturalDisaster​
GMS​
200​
Club(s)​
PHX (41), CIW (76), FUR (83)​
HO​
216​
K​
1376​
M​
492​
HB​
1214​
T​
326​
FF​
193​
FA​
169​
G​
181​
B​
104​
D​
2590​
DT​
10428​
MM​
40/18​
W-D-L​
97-3-100​

Sweet F.A Administrator (S31 - *)
Frankston Rover Award (S29)
Coney Island Warriors Leading Goalkicker (S30)
Fighting Furies Captain (S25-26)

Highest DreamTeam Points:
DreamTeam Points - Season 28, Round 06 - Sin City Swamprats vs. (East Side Phoenix)
100+ DreamTeam Points:
x9
occasions
Highest Disposals:
Disposals - Season 27, Round 05 - (East Side Phoenix) vs. Gold City Royals
20+ Disposals:
x39
occasions
Highest Goals:
Goals - Season 29, Round 02 - Roys FFCS vs. (East Side Phoenix)
5+ Goals:
x8
occasions
Highest Tackles:
Tackles - x2 occasions
Highest Hitouts:
Hitouts - Season 28, Round 06 - Sin City Swamprats vs. (East Side Phoenix)​

As part of the celebration, I asked some of the Sweeterati to send a message to ND, and this is what they had to say...

BLUEALLTHRU

Chipmunk

ClarkeM

Close Contest (or whatever his name is)

damicky

DenieD

Dingster

FootyGuy13

Hate

Headless

ImissFrosty

Kilroy

Mobbs

Moz

Ned_Flanders

pantskyle

philreich

PMBangers

por_please_ya

RobR

serial_thrilla

Sterge

Suns Supreme

TheInjuryFactory

Tigerturbulance

TJASTA

U2tigers

On behalf of myself, the Warriors, the Sweet FA, BigFooty and indeed the whole World, a hearty congratulation to you NaturalDisaster on reaching 200 games. Long may you continue to grace the lad of Sweet with your patented brand of heroic catastrophe.

Thanks for alphabetically sorting us all so that it was easy to find mine.

Mt Variable Weather is a bitch when it varies so quickly.

Congrats ND.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going to engage with this embarrassing puff piece trying to take the heat off his awful admin decisions recently.
Can't believe NaturalDisaster asked for a milestone thread to be made about him so he feels better smh.

Naww thats not very nice mate. :oops:

Don't worry about him, he was dropped on the head as a baby a few times.

Anyway, it's been 200 games? 200 weeks of putting up the lot of you flogs? How embarassment.

ANyway, thanks for the congrats and the insults, always appreciate both.

Here's to another 200 games providing I don't retire in the next 2 seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back