2008/09 Sheffield Shield Final: Victoria v Queensland @ St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

When the **** does it pour with rain in Victoria?

Crazy.

Thank god for the reserve day.

According to the umpire the best that can be done is 1/2 before and 1/2 hour after each day. That gives 3 hours if there is no play today. Was no mention of a reserve day.

(1) Should more than 6 hours of play been lost(not including the last hour of the game). A reserve day(Wednesday) can be used.:thumbsu:

According to the umpire the best that can be done is 1/2 before and 1/2 hour after each day. That gives 3 hours if there is no play today. Was no mention of a reserve day.
Seems to me like l4l got that from the official rules.

Would be interesting to see if anyone could follow up on that one.

Crazy.

There is some type of magic that brings rain to Melbourne when important events are on. There can be no rain for months and then all of a sudden the clouds come from nowhere.

Maybe we need to schedule some more to get out of the drought.

Crazy.

They said on the radio that there is no reserve day this year.

It doesn't help matters that the Junction Oval is apparently a very poor draining ground.

The latest from Junction Oval is that today's play has been called off. We will start 30 minutes early tomorrow (1030 AEDST) and have a minimum of 105 overs per day for the remaining three days
Thanks for your patience today and join us again early tomorrow morning for the third day's play from the Junction Oval in Melbourne.

The latest from Junction Oval is that today's play has been called off. We will start 30 minutes early tomorrow (1030 AEDST) and have a minimum of 105 overs per day for the remaining three days
Thanks for your patience today and join us again early tomorrow morning for the third day's play from the Junction Oval in Melbourne.

Three and a half days left at the very most for Qld to get 14 wickets and score a minimum of 500 runs.

More rain expected tomorrow and Monday.

They may as well give the shield to the Vics now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it's a 4 day game now after today was washed out. Let's hope we can get some decent cricket tomorrow, I hated the rule of draw means home team wins when it was going against us, and it'd be hypocritical of me not to be against it here. I'd much rather see one team win than a draw hand us the trophy.

So it's a 4 day game now after today was washed out. Let's hope we can get some decent cricket tomorrow, I hated the rule of draw means home team wins when it was going against us, and it'd be hypocritical of me not to be against it here. I'd much rather see one team win than a draw hand us the trophy.

if its a draw but QLD win on first innings do they get the shield?

Just got home form the Junction Oval.

The rule about the reserve day is still in the playing conditions but should not be. I had a chat to Bruce Oxenford about it while the rain was falling.

With showers still around Melbourne this afternoon, It wouldn't surprise me if the game is not restarted until after lunch tomorrow considering the game is being played on one of the worst drying grounds in Melbourne.

They said on the radio that there is no reserve day this year.

It doesn't help matters that the Junction Oval is apparently a very poor draining ground.
Surprise Surprise. Just when you thought the final was alive after Queenslands comeback.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back