AE 2009 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Armchair Endzone (2009) - Discussion

is there anything different i have to do for AE? if i just set up CR as per normal then those scores are used for AE right?

Always been the case FL18. This week the stakes are HIGHER for you WCQers. Just find winners with enough CR points and you'll be humming into next week. 124+ is a damn competitive score. You've got 19 challengers fighting for the same SEVEN ND WILDCARD PLAY-OFF spots. Rest of the 42 continue as per normal.

I learnt pretty early that if u just worry about ur CR tips the rest will fall into place. GG and Woody love to add some flair and make more work for themselves - Im not complaining as it adds A LOT more interest. Maybe it could be 'toned' down or kept the same next year.

Just remember that the goal is to get all the tips right. If u do CR is irrelevant, strategy, etc is for those anticipating to get games wrong, which u just dont know!

Wildcard weekend - lock them in. I hate these thursday games. I know my perspective (and CR tips) will want to change. Such a waste for a NY Jets/Buffalo game in my old stomping ground Toronto.

Hope u find a way to get the 'promo' up. Hate ur hard work to go to waste - no wonder ur PC got sick.

footylover18 & Galactic you need to do your FG tips.

Still to tip :

Albertonrob
Apex
BurningLeviathan
Cassius_Clay
Island Bomber
Juddy_like
Larkis
manureid
mcgarnacle
Meltiger
Mordikai
Neddy
PeterBuch
Riggy
Rory
Southerntakeover
Warney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate these thursday games.

me too. not just in regads to tipping, but actually following the league. i so much prefer having the whole week scheduled on sunday (ex MNF) than having it drag out for half the week. it's another of the reasons i find it so hard to really get into the AFL & NRL here.

I've put the summary page up but there's some PM'ed tips I've yet to enter.

http://www.armchairendzone.com/summary.php

PM to JD sent (10.59am 4/12/09)[/SIZE]

Glad I have the bye this week, not that confident with my selections....

As for my 3XKO pick, this week I've gone with Cincinnati.

Bits of notable info missing from Week 13 AE Selection Summary from AE website.

Also worth noting that Wizard has violated the 3XKO terms of condition that he 'defaults' his 3XKO pick to San Diego (highest CR rated ROAD team) as he picked Cinci in Week 12. Can't take same team in back-to-back weeks. See OP of this thread.

Just wanted to say that I changed the ND formula for MVP calculations.
Re-doing it all from week 1 onwards.
With so many awol tipsters, then no longer is "margin of victory" appropriate.
Instead, I've copied the Cutthroat "degree of difficulty" system.
Meaning, people who win games (any margin) against high ND scorers earn the MVP points.

Meanwhile, the MVP ballot is still secret, but it's very interesting at the top. Some people will have to get a move on if they want to win the prize.

I agree... lets hope oakland have the upset as it would mean 3XKO loses a few people

Nah, spare da 'Burghers any more greif Wolfy.

In week 14, The STAKES in the 3XKO are going to take on different flavour.

food_steak.jpg

All those on ONE X remaining, will be picking TWO TEAMS that MUST BOTH WIN.. while Crowman & Wolfmother (both have two strikes spare) get to pick ONE team. Until tommorrow comes, if we've still got more than SEVEN, this is what will occur in the 3XKO for week 14. We did this in 07 as well. Worked a treat.

And also the same 3XKO condition applies.. can't pick same team in back to back weeks. FIVE contestants is the maximum I'll allow for in the case of our second 3XKO showdown for week 17.

Re: Wildcard Qualifiers Before Late Sunday Games

wildcard.gif

After the completion of the EARLY games

1. WOLFMOTHER 93 = 20pts + 28 = 48
2. NAKEDDEADGUY 82 = 19pts + 28 = 47
3. CLASH HENDRIX 82 = 19pts + 27 = 46
4. SVEN 79 = 16pts + 27 = 43
5. DSPEED 80 = 17pts + 24 = 41
6. WADW 76 = 15pts + 21.5 = 36.5
7. ISLAND BOMBER 72 = 12pts + 24 = 36
9. TGBB 74 = 14pts + 21 = 35
12. BIGMICKA 62 = 5pts + 29 = 34