AE 2009 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Armchair Endzone (2009) - Discussion

By my calculations I'm up 110-103 with the eagles/giants and mnf games to go. But regardless of the results clashhendrix can't pass me thanks to the titans and chargers...

An eagles win will help make up on the overall cr points ladder though! :)

the special 3XKO arrangements failed (for the comp organisers that is) this week with all except Rory picking the two winners required.

lol, we'll start banning people on here as a way to cull the 3xko list soon haha.
That's all we're doing, trying to eliminate.
****, we cant even separate you guys anymore, you're like an orgy high on coke.

Re: ND Play-Off Week 1 Scenerio's Before Prime Time

AE09NPFH.jpg

Update Scenerio's Before PRIME TIME Games

#1 CHRIS25 vs #16 BIGMICKA

GAME OVER: CHRIS25 claims Victory.
Awaits winner of McGarnacle / Mr E in week 15.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#2 TCOL vs #15 DSPEED

Currently TIED on 93.
Dspeed Needs NYG & Arizona to WIN to claim victory*
TCol Needs Philadelphia to WIN to claim victory

* Dspeed claims Tie-breaker based on TCol having selected Steelers with higher CR (that lost).

#3 ZARKO vs #14 OSCARMAN

Oscarman currently leads 108-100.

Zarko Needs NYG & ARZ to claim Victory
Oscarman Needs either Philadelphia OR SF to clinch victory.

Winner to meet PeterBuch74 in Week 15.

#4 WIZARD vs #13 SVEN

Wizard leads narrowly 102-101.

Wizard Needs either Philadelphia or Arizona to WIN to claim victory
Sven Needs NYG & SF to WIN to claim victory.

Winner to face Reacher in week 15.

#5 PETERBUCH74 vs #12 CLASH HENDRIX

GAME OVER: PeterBuch74 claims Victory. Awaits Winner of Zarko / Oscarman in Week 15.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
#6 REACHER vs #11 NAKEDDEADGUY

GAME OVER: Reacher claims Victory. Awaits Winner of Wizard / Sven in Week 15.

#7 BLOODS33 vs #10 WOLFMOTHER

Wolfmother leads 94-91.
Simple equation:
Bloods33 Needs NYG to WIN to claim victory
Wolfmother Needs Philadelphia to WIN or TIE to claim Victory

MNF non-factor result.

Winner to face Winner of TCol/Dspeed.

#8 McGARNACLE vs #9 MR E

MrE holds a 106-102 lead.
Mr E Needs either Philadelphia Or Arizona to WIN to clinch Victory.
McGarnacle Needs NYG & SF to Both WIN to claim unbelievable Victory.

Winner to Face #1 seed CHRIS25 in Week 15.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

the special 3XKO arrangements failed (for the comp organisers that is) this week with all except Rory picking the two winners required.

Special?? :D Look for a bigger challenge in Week 15 lads. Wolfmother still has TWO lives left so I'll get back to you all with what 12 of you survivors will need to overcome. atm.. I'm thinking 5 & 3 with a new restrictions formula. Watch this space within 24 hours.

i dunno about that Woodson. Seems a bit too much to ask of everyone still left in the comp. They've defied all odds to still have a life or two, probably not fair to lump them with 5 and 3 selections.

I dunno the best method, maybe yours is, maybe everyone's cool with that, maybe there's another better method that isnt too much either??

good point arakaan. that's totally right.

my suggestion....

just go right thru the 17 weeks of the season as normal, people just picking their 3xko teams. Wolfmother 2 lives, others 1 life. If by the end of week 17 wolfmother still has 2 lives and others 1, then just award him the 3xko prize winner.

if by week 17 we have everyone left on 1 life, then do a special playoff thing, where they all get 4 teams to choose (4 playoff games)....so WC round: whomever has the least right tips gets kicked, if everyone else equal top. if we have one person with 3/4 right tips and everyone else 2/4 or 1/4, then award the 3xko winner to that person.

example:-
WC round, three people get 3/4 right, 2 people get 2/4 right, 1 person gets 1/4 right. Boot everyone bar the people with 3/4 right, they proceed to divisional round tiebreaker tipping.

If we had to do something different to the original rules, I would just continue with how we did it this week.

Everyone has to pick 2 teams, for Wolfmother it stays the same, but for everyone else they need both their picks to win in order to advance.

It didn't eliminate a heap of teams this week, but all it needs is for one upset win....

I would just say that in any selection criteria Wolf cannot get more than a 1 game benefit over the others. Otherwise he is getting essentially a 4th KO pick.

I won't pursue the 5 & 3 then as it's a clear advantage to Wolfy. Thanx Arakaan for switching on the light. I've looked at GG's options of extending it to the Wildcard round if required but if you consider the Showdown of 2007 in where Week 17 is like a preference vote process that works without much complication. Furthermore, the best 5 scores (total) will determine the order of teams selection.

the best 5 weekly scores (total) = will determine the order of merit for team pick preference on a three round basis. As it currently stands, 12 is too many. Just one more to drop off and we'll have the Showdown in week 17 with a WildCard play-off for splits. Wolfy would obviously get #1 pick IF he holds his TWO strikes in hand.

The guys on XX shouldn't necessary need to give way to Wolfmother if he still has TWO lives by Week 17. How I'm thinking is that Wolfmother will get the slight advantage in the Showdown of Week 17 if he still has ONE strike.. in the meantime, same process of TWO for TWO for the XX strikers and Wolfy carries on as per normal until Week 17. Fair as it gets for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and congrats to Wiz, he'll get either a 1 or 2 point victory depending on the Arizona result.

We had the same picks except for the KC/Buffalo game which I had KC for a point and he had the Bills for 3, the matchup was basically decided on that result.

I won't pursue the 5 & 3 then as it's a clear advantage to Wolfy. Thanx Arakaan for switching on the light. I've looked at GG's options of extending it to the Wildcard round if required but if you consider the Showdown of 2007 in where Week 17 is like a preference vote process that works without much complication. Furthermore, the best 5 scores (total) will determine the order of teams selection.

the best 5 weekly scores (total) = will determine the order of merit for team pick preference on a three round basis. As it currently stands, 12 is too many. Just one more to drop off and we'll have the Showdown in week 17 with a WildCard play-off for splits. Wolfy would obviously get #1 pick IF he holds his TWO strikes in hand.

The guys on XX shouldn't necessary need to give way to Wolfmother if he still has TWO lives by Week 17. How I'm thinking is that Wolfmother will get the slight advantage in the Showdown of Week 17 if he still has ONE strike.. in the meantime, same process of TWO for TWO for the XX strikers and Wolfy carries on as per normal until Week 17. Fair as it gets for now.

I don't know if I would be getting the advantage if we had to pick 3 and 5, it would be actually a disadvantage to me if I had to pick three and any wrong means I'm out....

At the moment I have a 50% advantage, assuming that increasing the number of picks means I don't have a second chance thus all remaining picks means you are knock out....

If I had to pick 3 and the others 4 then the advantage is 25%
If I had to pick 3 and the others 5 then the advantage is 40%
If I had to pick 3 then the others wold have to pick 6 for me to keep the same advantage of 50%.

If I were to still have two strikes available the numbers above would be in my favour

and congrats to Wiz, he'll get either a 1 or 2 point victory depending on the Arizona result.

We had the same picks except for the KC/Buffalo game which I had KC for a point and he had the Bills for 3, the matchup was basically decided on that result.

Cheers Sven.
Was a good match up this week and one i'm lucky to get away with.
Was mainly surprised by the Jags defeat which cost me good CR but fortunately not enough to kill my week.

Special?? :D Look for a bigger challenge in Week 15 lads. Wolfmother still has TWO lives left so I'll get back to you all with what 12 of you survivors will need to overcome. atm.. I'm thinking 5 & 3 with a new restrictions formula. Watch this space within 24 hours.

how about you just restrict our tips to one of KC, STL, TB, DET, & CLE. will definately get a result me thinks. :eek:

how about you just restrict our tips to one of KC, STL, TB, DET, & CLE. will definately get a result me thinks. :eek:

Reasonable option given McGarnacle but will the rest of 3XKO guys buy into it? :confused: ;)

We'll just stick to the same process as last week.... Everyone submit (PM me thanx) the TWO TEAMS that MUST WIN to proceed to Week 16. Wolfmother still has ONE STRIKE. And no, you can't pick the same TWO TEAMS as last week. That's the only challenge. I got the 3XKO Showdown formula ready to roll. :thumbsu: Details to follow next week. It's simple yet clever.

AE09Week15.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back