2009 Player Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he think that you think that he is dumb? The guy you quoted simply suggested that writing off a player for no legitimate reason and then calling the person dumb is not something that a person who is not dumb would do.

Comprehende? ;)

No you're right, I did realise that after i quoted him... Anyone want to call me dumb now? :D

Houlihan. I had the same question in my head....but then i looked at Houlihan's price and his consistency compared to them.

Definitely Hoops :thumbsu:

Gotta ask why so many people seem to have Houlihan in there teams? Didn't he only play a handful of games last season? Is he as reliable as people think?

How about J. Reiwoldt? Any good? Worth taking at $300K?

Gotta ask why so many people seem to have Houlihan in there teams? Didn't he only play a handful of games last season? Is he as reliable as people think?

How about J. Reiwoldt? Any good? Worth taking at $300K?

hoops is definitely wirth having, a bargain. this year will be the first time he's let loose in the forward line like he should have been but wasn't under pagan's reign of terror, he has a beautiful kick, gets lots of possessions and won't get much attention. at the start of 2008 his price was over 450k, so he has potential to score big. Vs. brisbane late last year he kicked 3 goals in a quarter in his first game back after major hip surgery, he's all class.

my question is, do people (particularly richmond people) think it's feasible to have lids and nathan brown in the team? or is there too much risk of richmond having a bad day and neither scoring highly?
cheers

hey guys, just wondering what does everybody think of kane cornes in 2009??

i can only see his price going up...

Kane Cornes is a good buy at just over $500,000 mate. Its his clangers that I worry about though as I had him last year and got quite frustrated with him.

Ask Impromptu what he thinks of him. :D

Whats everyone's opinions on Jessie Smith?

Depending on the makeup of my team I'm tossing up between Addock, Myers, Houlihan and J.Smith as my fifth defender. Raines and Pettard are my 6th and 7th. :thumbsu:

Need some advice...

One of my rules that I stick to is to stay away from players with hamstring issues as statistically they are by far the most re-occuring injury in the AFL and each twang is going to cost you 4 weeks on the pine... perhaps it might be worth a little trip over to the North board to get some deeper insight into his pre-season...

One of my rules that I stick to is to stay away from players with hamstring issues as statistically they are by far the most re-occuring injury in the AFL and each twang is going to cost you 4 weeks on the pine... perhaps it might be worth a little trip over to the North board to get some deeper insight into his pre-season...

His ankles are his problem, not hamstrings

More opinions on Jack Riewoldt, Phamtom Menace, I personally think he'll earn you a good bit of money for an upgrade later on in the season. Others at his price i think are feasable are Houlihan, Headland and Vespremi, I think he's the best out of that lot.

What is everyone's opinion of Ryan Griffin as SC player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Sam Power? Thought it was improving last year and played very well last night. Perhaps will get a better run on the ball this year and is $367,000

What about Sam Power? Thought it was improving last year and played very well last night. Perhaps will get a better run on the ball this year and is $367,000
I just think that there are better options than him in that position
Nathan Jones, Matt Rosa and even Daniel Jackson i feel are better options

I guess haselby as well is an option

What are everyones opinions on David Mundy??
May be a good option becuase as he is said to be getting more opportunity in the midfield

What are everyones opinions on David Mundy??
May be a good option becuase as he is said to be getting more opportunity in the midfield
According to what evidence exactly? I will believe he's spending more time in midfield when I start seeing it ;).

I really hope he does, but I don't see him being a high involvement or high possession player in midfield the majority of the time unfortunately. Although Hasleby did play a slightly different role in their NAB game than I expected, so we'll wait and see. I'm going to remain slightly skeptical on Mundy, I've considered him but am almost definitely looking elsewhere.

I really hope he does, but I don't see him being a high involvement or high possession player in midfield the majority of the time unfortunately. Although Hasleby did play a slightly different role in their NAB game than I expected, so we'll wait and see. I'm going to remain slightly skeptical on Mundy, I've considered him but am almost definitely looking elsewhere.

Admit that you didn't think he would be playing midfield tho haha

Admit that you didn't think he would be playing midfield tho haha
That's exactly what I said 2 posts ago yep, and I'll still wait to see it ;) NAB round 1 didn't really convince me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back