2010 MLB Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mets win 2-1 in the 20th. 3 mins before the bounce :D
Yer just in time for the start of the footy!

I started watchin this game at the bottom of the 9th and 4 hours later was still watchin it. It was like watchin a train wreck - you couldn't take your eyes off it until it was over...

A run scores, time to cut it off.

On another note the Red Sox are hitting poorly, hitting disgracefully with runners on, and fileding abysmally with runners on. tough start to the year.

They should just let every batter who reaches 1st get an automatic walk to 2nd. It will save time and stop the pain of watching Tek or V-Mart trying to throw some of these guys out.

How much longer are they going to let Ortiz go? He just looks terrible, late on every fastball and striking out 30% of the time. I know he came good at the back half of last year, but we can't afford to give him that much time this year. Already 5 games behind Yanks and Rays in the win column.

No need to panic, the "real" Giants are back.:p:eek::(

After starting the season 8-3, we have now lost 4 in a row, to lose the division lead to the Padres who swept us.:thumbsdown:

Back home for 3 back to back series, although the first is against the Cards, so I'm not confident of a "resurgence" just yet.

I hope we can stay within 2-3 games of the Padres and improving Dodgers, so that our season at least "stays alive" for a while.

Never heard of adam eaton, have you?

Vasquez just on the downside of his career

**** me, damn stupid Giants management.:mad:

We were 4-1 up with Lincecum on a 1 run, 3 hitter, and he pulls him because he walks the first batter of the 9th.

Let's just say it was not pretty after that, as the closer allowed 3 runs (including Lincecums walked batter) to score to tie at 4-4.

Eventually losing it 7-6 in the 11th.:(

No way they score 3 runs against Timmy if you leave him in.:mad:

an aussie just belted a home run for the twinkies

luke hughes is his name

I'm not a fan of baseball at all but caught this story on FoxSports before.

Am I right in saying that it was his first time at bat?

I think they said it was the 104th player in history and first since 1994 (could be wrong on the year).

Story is here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the Sox are done.

I thought we'd do a little better, but it was going to be a transition year with a few stop gap players filling holes. At least now Theo will have the public support when he shuffles out a few of the older guys and clears some salaries off the books.

Cannot wait to see who they bring in next off-season. I expect a few big bats in the line up. I'm looking at you Adrian Gonzalez.

So having never really watched a game of baseball before, I decided to chuck in my multi the score in the Dodgers/Rockies game to be over 8.5. Feeling pretty confident so far.

So is this normal, or am I correct in thinking this guy's putting in one of the worst pitching performances ever?

Dallas Breden, if that ain't an american name, I don't know what is.

Fitting too, he lost his mother to cancer when he was a teen, and on Mother's day he becomes only the 19th player ever to pitch a perfect game.:thumbsu:

All 27 outs here on vid;

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=7936873

What an effort against the red hot Rays. But looking at the highlights he got a little lucky, there were a couple of lasers that went straight to left field. He also needs to buy Kouzmanoff a beer or three.

What an effort against the red hot Rays. But looking at the highlights he got a little lucky, there were a couple of lasers that went straight to left field. He also needs to buy Kouzmanoff a beer or three.

No one ever gets a perfect game or a no hitter without a little luck, it just doesn't happen that way.

A couple of those foul ball catches could have turned into anything the next pitch too, so just about everything that had to go his way did.

There was even a very close call at 1st early on, that seemed very close to safe, so even that went his way.

Came out of nowhere though, had an ERA over 4 going into the match, against a top side in the Rays.

Loved watching the Sox game today. I just wanna be over there in the stands!

Also lol just went through some old tapes and came across high/lowlights of that Cubs playoff game where the fan (just googled, Steve Bartman) reached out for the ball and screwed the Cubs player (Moisés Alou) from catching it.

Man that was heartbreaking. It was when we first got Pay TV and I had always had a soft spot for the Cubs so it was pretty much my first playoff game I watched and yeah.. instantly I knew what is was like to (loosely) be a Cubs fan.

Still feel sorry for the dude though. Something like that was always going to happen, it wasn't his fault. A few Cubs players made uncharacteristic mistakes late in the game too that didn't help.

Just brought back some memories. Getting so pumped for the Yankees-Sox game at Yankee Stadium. 7 sleeps to go (i think). Will try and post some pics when I get back if anyone is interested. :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back