2011 Formula One World Championship - Round Nine - British Grand Prix Silverstone (8-10 July 2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011 Formula One World Championship - Round Nine - British Grand Prix Silverstone (8-10 July 201

Good job again by Dan P23!! haha. It's a bit strange paying so much attention to the last couple of positions. An emergency TWG meeting has been called by Charlie for all the teams to sort out this whole excemption thing. Qualy is going to be very, very interesting.

341763592.jpg

Re: 2011 Formula One World Championship - Round Nine - British Grand Prix Silverstone (8-10 July 201

Just got to say the situation in regards to the changes concerning hot and cold blowing is a complete cluster f@#k. Just goes to show that changing technical rules in the middle of the season is fraught with danger. The changes should have happened at the end of the season so everything could be sorted out in slow time rather than minute by minute.

I smell a Ferrari rat, but that's just an opinion BTW....

Just got to say the situation in regards to the changes concerning hot and cold blowing is a complete cluster f@#k. Just goes to show that changing technical rules in the middle of the season is fraught with danger. The changes should have happened at the end of the season so everything could be sorted out in slow time rather than minute by minute.

I smell a Ferrari rat, but that's just an opinion BTW....

is that anything like a Mclaren rat? like when they changed the scoring system years ago, so Raikonen could finish second every race and still win the championship.
Or when they changed the qualifying system into more of a lottery?

is that anything like a Mclaren rat? like when they changed the scoring system years ago, so Raikonen could finish second every race and still win the championship.
Or when they changed the qualifying system into more of a lottery?

I'm not biting..... :p:p:p

Great, Webber gets a default pole. Damn rain.
Third and fourth, not bad.

Shame that they couldn't fit in another lap but happy with Webber :)

Grid will make for an interesting start tomorrow. Thumbs up for Mark, Maldonado and Di Resta:thumbsu:. Karma points coming back for Hamilton?;)

kamui, maldonado and di resta in the middle will be good to see, as well as hamilton taking everyone out at the first corner, i mean driving through the pack

I bet you'd take a default pole for Alonso at any time......

Go Mark, best in the conditions, and the fastest time during all qualifying - that = pole!

Awesome work by One hd, cutting to an adbreak during the replay of Webber's pole lap. They can GAGF!:thumbsdown:

I know what you mean, I mean just giving it to him on numerical order because qualy was washed out..... wait what?

Oh thats right, he did his lap in exactly the same conditions as Vettel literally a couple of hundred meters down the road. Sure another go would have been entertaining but it's hardly default.

An Aussie to lead them out, an Aussie to follow. Dan was spot on when he said "Me and Mark will be on opposite sides of the field" lol.

Edit: Alonso missed a bit when shaving lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome work by One hd, cutting to an adbreak during the replay of Webber's pole lap. They can GAGF!:thumbsdown:

they really do enjoy the old cut out at inconvenient times dont they

Webber and Vettel will have their mirrors full of Red for the first couple of corners at least. If they were flipped in their positions (ie. Vettel P1, Webber P2) - Vettel could probably expect some breathing space. No way will Mark enjoy the same luxury.

BBC also had Murray Walker do commentary on Webber's pole lap - hope OneHD are able to replay it because it was a real blast from the past. I loved it. :thumbsu:

What happened to Maldonado being a pay driver? Haha

Yeah, I guess I stuffed up that prediction. I thought at the start of the year that Maldonado would be a mobile chicane. Thankfully I was wrong. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Maldonado did - SECOND after Q1! Starting 7th on the grid is a brilliant achievement for Maldonado and for Williams.

Yeah, I guess I stuffed up that prediction. I thought at the start of the year that Maldonado would be a mobile chicane. Thankfully I was wrong. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Maldonado did - SECOND after Q1! Starting 7th on the grid is a brilliant achievement for Maldonado and for Williams.

Clearly you didnt look into his history in the lower formulas then ;) He won GP2 and came 2nd in Formula Renault 3.5 before entering F1, hardly the achievements of a straight pay driver

Hopefully Webber can shut the door on the first corner, will be hard to beat from there.

Will also be interesting to see what Hamilton can do from 10th...

“The measures which were communicated to the teams this morning by the FIA Technical Department stand for the rest of the weekend,” the FIA statement read.

“During Saturday morning's Extraordinary Technical Working Group meeting [though], the members discussed the viability of returning to the pre-Silverstone set-ups and strategies.

"If the teams are in unanimous agreement, the FIA is prepared to adopt this arrangement until the end of the current season.”

The teams are now expected to sit down for further talks tomorrow, although whether they can reach a unanimous agreement is open to debate.

“The meeting this morning was held in constructive fashion but there were differences of opinion and different teams went away to consider their positions,” Mercedes team boss Ross Brawn explained in an interview with the BBC. “I hope we will find a solution. It's very difficult when you make a rule change like that in the middle of the season to be equitable.”

It's increasingly looking like some of the engine manufacturers are putting their foot down and are claiming that off throttle blowing is being done for reliability reasons. Therefore a rule change in the middle of the season, as proposed by the FIA, would be unworkable and now the FIA is looking for a unanimous agreement by the teams to revert back to the rules that were in place for Valencia.

Apparently Mercedes and Renault lead the revolt with Mercedes claiming that a 50% off throttle opening was required and Renault requiring more than the FIA 10% rule.

I mentioned Ferrari in a previous post and I'm sure we can all remember the reliability changes to the Ferrari engine that was allowed last year.

http://www.polepositionproductions.com/news/ferrari-reliability-engine-changes-approved

I'm sure Mercedes and Renault are reminding the FIA of that decision.....

Just goes to show how clueless the FIA/Charlie Whiting is. Sports should not change the rules mid season, and especially so when the sport is as complicated as F1

These rule changes are a joke. If your going to ban them, ban them. The teams come out and say they need "50% off throttle usage" because it will effect engine reliability. When was the last time we had one of the big teams lose a car due to engine reliability?

And all this talk over numbers being crunched.. sheeeeeesh the FIA have made a boo boo here and they've realised that. Stick em all on 10% like what was initially agreed and if there's engine problems, good. Might see Seb lose a race or two :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back