2012 V8 Supercar Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Premat - Biggest " s**t-magnet " in V8SC history !!!!

I think Garry Rogers would like to have his time again and look else where i think he will be moved on.

Garry also needs to find a replacement for Caruso who could be joining Nissan.

Greg Ritter , Jack Perkins & Scott McLaughlin are been talked about as replacements for both of them.

No surprise but Scott McLaughlin has been given a full time drive for 2 years by Garry Rogers replacing Michael Caruso.

Bad career move. Even if they're cars are not the rear end fillers, Garry Rogers would be the equal worst team to drive for (Paul Morris, the other one). The only way it'd be ok to drive for them is for Garry to leave.

WHAT THE .... :eek:
GRM is a good team to start at.Better than starting in a lemon team like LDR or the 3rd and 4th Kelly Brother cars.
I'd hardly call them rear end fillers.Yes Premat was a backmarker,but he was new to the cars and all the tracks.Caruso had a good year.

WHAT THE .... :eek:
GRM is a good team to start at.Better than starting in a lemon team like LDR or the 3rd and 4th Kelly Brother cars.
I'd hardly call them rear end fillers.Yes Premat was a backmarker,but he was new to the cars and all the tracks.Caruso had a good year.
No bud, look at GRM's history. Lots of chopping and changing, Rogers complaining about one thing or another. I'm not sure how Rogers much of great team it is for a young bloke. Whincup was better off that Rogers thought he was ****. To get the most out of that team, I think you'd need a ego bigger than GR and slap him around a bit. Caruso's a nothing driver, hasn't progressed. Holdsworth may've improved, but he wasn't that great to begin with and will get cought out the more that is expected of him. You'd have to question a bloke who pings Whincup off after a season, straight out of fford. But then lets Holdsworth, who had experience in heavy sedans prior to V8s, drive his cars for 5 years.

I wasn't calling them rear end fillers "even if their cars are not rear end fillers". The advantage with LDR, 3rd 4th Kelly, is that it's so bad, the expectations are low. Expectations are low, the pressure is off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to Mark Fogarty, on a motor racing review on SEN1116, talking about HRT. He mentioned it was their first winless season since 1992! That year, HRT weren't the powerhouse they became to be and only competed a limited program. In 93, they didn't win a ATCC race (unless you count Gardner's Dash for cash heat win), and had to wait til the last race of the year (heat 2, AGP support), when Gardner finally knocked off a legitmate win. Eastern Creek in 94, was their first ATCC/V8SC win, from Peter Brock.

Listening to Mark Fogarty, on a motor racing review on SEN1116, talking about HRT. He mentioned it was their first winless season since 1992! That year, HRT weren't the powerhouse they became to be and only competed a limited program. In 93, they didn't win a ATCC race (unless you count Gardner's Dash for cash heat win), and had to wait til the last race of the year (heat 2, AGP support), when Gardner finally knocked off a legitmate win. Eastern Creek in 94, was their first ATCC/V8SC win, from Peter Brock.
Read this post forgetting this was the V8SC thread and thought you were talking about:
918792-15261405-640-360.jpg

Sat there completely baffled for a minute.

Hmm. Not sure what to think of having double file. Maybe if the safety car wasn't out as often as it has been... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back