Competitions 2013 Bulldogs Supercoach & Dreamteam Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

I traded Will Minson into my team this week. Glory awaits!* :D

* in b4 he stinks it up or gets injured :eek:

If he gets injured then you can just trade Campbell in, he'll go on to average 120 :D

What was the reason behind Koby Stevens success last week. Role change?
It may have been he was asked to play cooney's role a bit and relished the opportunity. I wouldn't bank on him banging out more games like that though.

Hey Guys, Will Hrovat continue to get a game after the good debut (obviously playing the next 4 would be nice!)
He should play pretty much every game this year, apart from being rested here and there. Very high wraps on this bloke, i'm going to pick him up after our bye.

What's up with Libba? Has Boyd coming back in been the major impact in lowering his colours? Do I cut my loses or hold him until the bye?

Pretty much. There's only so much ball you can win, and Boyd has been fantastic at it for a long time, which means Libba can't get it as much.

Keep him in this week, and see how he goes without Boyd. That should clear it up a bit.

Hello. I was wondering if a Dogs' supporter could give me their thoughts on Boyd for the second half of the season? I want to "upgrade" O'Meara to one of Boyd/Cotchin/Deledio/Redden. Based on the past, Boyd probably presents the most value and the best scoring potential. However, he isn't getting any younger and has had calf issues this year I think?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hello. I was wondering if a Dogs' supporter could give me their thoughts on Boyd for the second half of the season? I want to "upgrade" O'Meara to one of Boyd/Cotchin/Deledio/Redden. Based on the past, Boyd probably presents the most value and the best scoring potential. However, he isn't getting any younger and has had calf issues this year I think?

Not Boyd, pick another guy. Boyd isn't getting as much of the ball as he was previously, and Libba is taking some of his points off him due to them playing the same sort of role. Have you thought about Sam Mitchell maybe? Otherwise I like Deledio. But yeah you can choose one of the under-priced premiums and you shouldn't go wrong.

I'm not prepared to get Boyd in SC this year (but usually do). As you say getting older and calf issues, also potential to start transitioning out of his main ball winning role to get the younger guys ready.

Griffen on the other hand is just hitting his prime, is a dead set gun, usually copes well with the tag (and always gets it...), rests forward and kicks goals. SC gold...but you'll pay for him now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the nature of Boydy's calf injury? Was really keen to get him in against Port and still looking at him as an option for this week if he gets up.

Pretty much just the classic old man calf injury. A bit of a strain that takes a little while to get over.

Pretty much just the classic old man calf injury. A bit of a strain that takes a little while to get over.

Thanks Igloo. He had an interrupted calf issue preseason as well from memory so a bit worrying. Any word as to whether he's back this week? Still tempted to roll the dice anyway as he would be very unique.

Thanks Igloo. He had an interrupted calf issue preseason as well from memory so a bit worrying. Any word as to whether he's back this week? Still tempted to roll the dice anyway as he would be very unique.

Yeah, missed the first few games with a calf. I think it was the opposite leg, but I may be thinking of Cooney :p.
Boydy will most likely play this week. I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Kind of sad now knowing Boydy may never grace my team again :( So good, so consistent, and so unique for so long.

Who are your other premiums? There are some quality POD's out there :thumbsu:

The problem for me is I already have Barlow and Mitchell who seem to be the obvious upgrades who had last week's bye. I've had a crazy rise in the rankings in DT the last three weeks to now be in the top 300 (from about 3000ish) so I thought I'd do a little more research than usual this week in bringing a premo.

Boyd was my first choice, so now I'm looking at Cotch/Redden/Lids/Griffen/Fyfe. Cotchin I had in my initial team this year but traded him out when he was rested to avoid a zero. I asked the Richmond board if he's fit because he's the next obvious choice given what he can do. Redden is so consistent but doesn't pump out huge numbers. Deledio and Griffen sometimes struggle posting good DT numbers with the tag. Fyfe has a great run home and is surprisingly averaging more than the first three. Decisions, decisions.

The problem for me is I already have Barlow and Mitchell who seem to be the obvious upgrades who had last week's bye. I've had a crazy rise in the rankings in DT the last three weeks to now be in the top 300 (from about 3000ish) so I thought I'd do a little more research than usual this week in bringing a premo.

Boyd was my first choice, so now I'm looking at Cotch/Redden/Lids/Griffen/Fyfe. Cotchin I had in my initial team this year but traded him out when he was rested to avoid a zero. I asked the Richmond board if he's fit because he's the next obvious choice given what he can do. Redden is so consistent but doesn't pump out huge numbers. Deledio and Griffen sometimes struggle posting good DT numbers with the tag. Fyfe has a great run home and is surprisingly averaging more than the first three. Decisions, decisions.
I'm not a DT'er but can recommend Ryan Griffen, Richard Douglas or Kieren Jack :footy:

Lachlan Hunter ... seems to be looking the goods at Willy - how far is he away from playing for the Dogs?

I remember watching his dad play quite a bit (used to go to a lot of Dogs games at The Western Oval with my dad, who is a Dogs' supporter) - hope he breaks through very soon.

Lachlan Hunter ... seems to be looking the goods at Willy - how far is he away from playing for the Dogs?

I remember watching his dad play quite a bit (used to go to a lot of Dogs games at The Western Oval with my dad, who is a Dogs' supporter) - hope he breaks through very soon.

He should get a go soon, he's been consistently in the bests in every single Willy match he's played. The only problem is we're starting to get guys like Cooney and Boyd back, so he might have to wait for an injury or for another of the young guys to get a rest before he comes in. It was probably the worst time for the bye for him because I would've said he came in last week if we didn't have the bye.

I'd expect sometime in the next 3 weeks, keep an eye on the team sheets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back