List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Im liking the look of De Goey more and more. Ticks a lot of box's - courage, skills, marking, inside, outside versatility, good size, ready to go. Whilst he is mid teens in many PD's, talk is that he is firming as a top 10 selection and may go as low as 5 to the pies. I think he is a sure bet with decent upside.
Fingers crossed, looks the goods.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tp-richmond-tigers?year=2015&sby=15

So, that list isn't quite up to date, because Aaron Edwards is still on it. However that's the only error I can see there, which means if we take him out, there are 34 players on our list at the moment.

32 senior listed, and 2 rookies (Thomas and Miles).

We know Miles is coming onto the senior list, so that makes it 33/1. And we now know Taylor Hunt is coming on as a DFA, so that makes it 34/1

What kind of make up will our list have, in terms of Senior List and Rookie numbers?

Assuming we don't pick anybody else up in the DFA period, I have to assume that we're going to be going with a 38/6 model, as we've already committed our 5th pick in the ND to upgrading Miles, and there are very few clubs that take selections with picks after rookie upgrades.

Whatever the case, we definitely will bring it at least 4 kids through the draft though, which is always a good thing.

Who thinks we're going with a 38/6 model, and who reckons we're going to potentially try to grab somebody in the PSD (which has become ever more irrelevant since FA came into play, tbh)?

So, that list isn't quite up to date, because Aaron Edwards is still on it. However that's the only error I can see there, which means if we take him out, there are 34 players on our list at the moment.

We know Miles is coming onto the senior list, so that makes it 33/1. And we now know Taylor Hunt is coming on as a DFA, so that makes it 34/1

What kind of make up will our list have, in terms of Senior List and Rookie numbers?

Assuming we don't pick anybody else up in the DFA period, I have to assume that we're going to be going with a 38/6 model, as we've already committed our 5th pick in the ND to upgrading Miles, and there are very few clubs that take selections with picks after rookie upgrades.

Whatever the case, we definitely will bring it at least 4 kids through the draft though, which is always a good thing.

Who thinks we're going with a 38/6 model, and who reckons we're going to potentially try to grab somebody in the PSD (which has become ever more irrelevant since FA came into play, tbh)?
Nah Edwards is supposed to be there. Just wrong first name. We have 34 & 1 or 35 & 1 if we count Hunt.

We also haven't committed a particular pick to Miles. It's just presumed to be that pick.

Wally also wanted Jordan McMahon, but I suppose you thought he was a gun too

As for the b&f, you could have finished top ten back in those years, we had barely half a dozen good players

I agree, it is annoying when people try to rewrite history ;)

Course I could have, I was a gun. I think you rated Jordy from memory :D

Nah Edwards is supposed to be there. Just wrong first name. We have 34 & 1 or 35 & 1 if we count Hunt.

We also haven't committed a particular pick to Miles. It's just presumed to be that pick.

Oh I see what's happened, they took off Shane Edwards instead of Aaron!

They've left Aaron's actual profile on there though, because it says he's 30 years old, and it's his profile, not Shane's. So it seems to be more than just a name error on the listing!

Unless... maybe we actually retained Aaron, and DID get rid of Shane?!?! :eek::cry:

Course I could have, I was a gun. I think you rated Jordy from memory :D

Not quite

I could see the logic of the move, but wasn't rapt with 19 off one good season

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-01/saintly-second-chance-beckons

He'll join former teammate Shaun McKernan, who has also been invited to train with the Victorian club.

It's understood Petrenko has also attracted the attention of both Gold Coast and Richmond.

Interesting.

Haven't really heard his name come up in discussions until this article, is this just a passing comment, or do you reckon we're into him a bit here?

I don't really know too much about Petrenko tbh... although I thought he was highly rated at the Crows up until his delisting this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Robinson is a ******* idiot hack and Caleb Daniel is a midget without blistering pace who if he was 5cm taller would still be 10cm shorter than small midfielder Shane Edwards. I don't want either one at Richmond.

What a load of bollocks. Pick up your toys, kid, and realise Brisbane won 7 games last year. They've added Beams and Christensen and lost Patfull and any meaningful draft picks this year. They have no key forwards. They're $12 million in debt.

As for us, we're respected to the level we've so far earned it. Fyfe and Mundy were both close to coming to us. Shiel wants to, next year.

Smile, it takes fewer muscles than whingeing.

Only boys who peak at 18 get laid on prom night. They then usually marry that girl and live the same year 60 more times. The boy with character goes to uni, ****s plenty of chicks and marries an awesome, smart, sexy woman who will grow with him every day for the rest of their lives.
POTY

I don't think you can take ND players after utilising rookie upgrades.

Agreed which is why it never happens. I thought its legislated ala passing on selections( do this and your finished).
Not sure. It's got all weird since they changed the rules on the 38/6, 39/5 etc choice that teams make. Some teams going 38/6 will pass then promote rookies and other teams will promote rookies and then pass. Not sure why though.

Only boys who peak at 18 get laid on prom night. They then usually marry that girl and live the same year 60 more times. The boy with character goes to uni, ****s plenty of chicks and marries an awesome, smart, sexy woman who will grow with him every day for the rest of their lives.

True, but totally different metaphor :p

I meant I'd rather win premierships (get laid) than develop 'character' by consistently losing. I'm not one to take pride in being the worst performing team of the past 30 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back