2015/16 Melbourne Victory Thread - Goodbye and Thankyou Archie!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

According to a reliable source, the crowd could push 60k tonight...

Yeah, I wouldn't be relying on that source every again, it's the least reliable source ever.

They announced between 22k-23k. I was at the Carlton v West Coast last week where they announced a little over 26k - if that figure is to believed, there's no way there was 22k there tonight. I have rainman-like abilities to estimate crowds, and there was not more than 20k there tonight. It was more likely 18-19k.

Also, NT seems like it be there tonight, but it seems like ST sales haven't been great.

I'm fairly certain they weren't sold separately - granted, I bought my tix months ago and didn't check again afterwards, but I'm almost certain there was only one Victory active area, and a very, very sparsely populated Juve active area up the other end (right below where I was sitting.)

On the game... you can't take too much from the result. But to use a Simon Hill-ism, the goal wasn't any more than we deserved. There were significant periods of the match where we were the better side. And despite the penalty shootout crap shoot, and Juve's thoroughly offensive 2nd half side, I'm very happy to be able to say that we beat Juventus!

The most exciting thing to come out of tonights game was clearly Mitch Austin. When he gets a better understanding with Berisha and Bozanic, I think he'll end up being one of the signings of the A-League season. He was best on ground for the Victory today.

It's tough to judge Baro on half an hour against Juve's C/D team - but I already suspect he'll get some criticism from the Victory supporting nuffies when his only crime is that he's not Delpierre. MDP used to make defending look easy cos his positioning was so good. From the half an hour of Baro, his positioning and instinct may not be as good. Looks a good passer though. Strong chance he ends up playing defensive mid and Brox going back to centre back I think.

All in all? Not a great night at the football. Rubbish crowd, it was ******* cold, it rained from about 6.45 - 7pm, which was when everyone was coming in, so I think there were quite a few people there who were a bit wet and shitty. I got freebies for Friday night, and I expect Atletico and Tottenham might put on a better show. But if Tottenham don't show us something on Tuesday night I don't think I'll be using those freebies.

Y
Yeah, I wouldn't be relying on that source every again, it's the least reliable source ever.

They announced between 22k-23k. I was at the Carlton v West Coast last week where they announced a little over 26k - if that figure is to believed, there's no way there was 22k there tonight. I have rainman-like abilities to estimate crowds, and there was not more than 20k there tonight. It was more likely 18-19k.

I'm fairly certain they weren't sold separately - granted, I bought my tix months ago and didn't check again afterwards, but I'm almost certain there was only one Victory active area, and a very, very sparsely populated Juve active area up the other end (right below where I was sitting.)

On the game... you can't take too much from the result. But to use a Simon Hill-ism, the goal wasn't any more than we deserved. There were significant periods of the match where we were the better side. And despite the penalty shootout crap shoot, and Juve's thoroughly offensive 2nd half side, I'm very happy to be able to say that we beat Juventus!

The most exciting thing to come out of tonights game was clearly Mitch Austin. When he gets a better understanding with Berisha and Bozanic, I think he'll end up being one of the signings of the A-League season. He was best on ground for the Victory today.

It's tough to judge Baro on half an hour against Juve's C/D team - but I already suspect he'll get some criticism from the Victory supporting nuffies when his only crime is that he's not Delpierre. MDP used to make defending look easy cos his positioning was so good. From the half an hour of Baro, his positioning and instinct may not be as good. Looks a good passer though. Strong chance he ends up playing defensive mid and Brox going back to centre back I think.

All in all? Not a great night at the football. Rubbish crowd, it was ******* cold, it rained from about 6.45 - 7pm, which was when everyone was coming in, so I think there were quite a few people there who were a bit wet and shitty. I got freebies for Friday night, and I expect Atletico and Tottenham might put on a better show. But if Tottenham don't show us something on Tuesday night I don't think I'll be using those freebies.
You are definitely right about the source! Sorry wasn't talking about the match, to pissed off with my AFL team's injuries.. You heading to Atletico vs Victory?

You are definitely right about the source! Sorry wasn't talking about the match, to pissed off with my AFL team's injuries.. You heading to Atletico vs Victory?

Nah, I live in the northern/north-eastern suburbs, and I really, really don't like driving over the Westgate. It's not even an issue with heights - my phobia is borne out of my knowledge of how many people jump off it, and not wanting to see someone kill them self.

I got to see Victory tonight, and I can go and see Atletico on Friday if I want. I don't need to spend most of a day getting to Geelong via the outer-western suburbs and coming back again.

Nah, I live in the northern/north-eastern suburbs, and I really, really don't like driving over the Westgate. It's not even an issue with heights - my phobia is borne out of my knowledge of how many people jump off it, and not wanting to see someone kill them self.

I got to see Victory tonight, and I can go and see Atletico on Friday if I want. I don't need to spend most of a day getting to Geelong via the outer-western suburbs and coming back again.
Which match do you think will get the highest crowd?

N

Victory active sounded good, but Juve active was really poor.

Didn't mind it at all tonight most of us where Victory fans no eurosnobs or theatre goers in sight. Well.. From where I was anyway. It would have been the perfect match at AAMI Park.

I though we played some good stuff and had the majority of the best chances, the build up to our goal was top notch, Austin surprisingly looked very good he can hit some crosses.

Yeah we played a second string Juve team but in perspective we played a second string Juve side four years ago and got thumped 4-1 today we drew 1-1 shows how much the standard has improved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** off, we won!!!

:D

lol yeah true.

funny when zappers announced the match will go to a Penalty shoot-out it was Like suddenly an extra 10k entered the stadium. Everyone started running back in!

How good was the young kid Pasquali? I see a star in the making!

Played yesterday in Albert Park and some dude came around after the game handing out free tickets to anyone interested in the Juve game, like an absolute wad of them. Was bizarre. Should have been at AAMI Park or Etihad at worst, wasn't a good look.

Approx 9 weeks until round 1 of the league kicks off, I think we have some good depth with the young guys but would be hoping we make a couple of starting XI signings in the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately the closer it gets the more the chances of a panic buy tends to happen.

Kev has signed Benny K & Delpierre so lets hope he can find another player of that ilk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back