2015 Draft, Trades and Free Agency rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

This idea that 'this draft is awful' before the draft has taken place is weird....2006 was meant to be the best draft since 2001...it was awful. If Kennedy isn't playing rover, he is useless for Collingwood and with Taylor Adams I'm not sure he is playing rover at the Pies. Might as well get another pick, target a specific type, whether it be a forward, or a defender.
Our list manager is on the record saying he doesn't rate this draft outside the top 20-30. Kennedy won't be traded unless it's part of a deal to aquire another player. A late pick is not enticing for a player who is still very solid depth.

Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne are all contracted until the end of 2016. Those three players are on a fairly large salary and given they won't be on our list beyond 2016 plus our ability to lure good players over to our club it shouldn't come as a surprise that we are targeting Jaeger O'Meara. Not that we will get him though.

Hodge and Mitchell would both be on the veterans list so they aren't going to free up large sums of cash

Why would Jaeger O'Meara consider leaving? Not 100% sure if this is serious but i have heard that GC have asked for Jack Gunston to be part of any trade with the hawks.

Gunston, 1st rounder and 2nd rounder would get it done i reckon

Why would Jaeger O'Meara consider leaving? Not 100% sure if this is serious but i have heard that GC have asked for Jack Gunston to be part of any trade with the hawks.

They won't get Gunna , but there is another Their keen on that we might be happy to let go .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne are all contracted until the end of 2016. Those three players are on a fairly large salary and given they won't be on our list beyond 2016 plus our ability to lure good players over to our club it shouldn't come as a surprise that we are targeting Jaeger O'Meara. Not that we will get him though.

Maybe so but you would have to give up a big (and I mean big) named player to get O'Meara. Hawthorn would not have the draft picks that would interest Gold Coast.

Maybe so but you would have to give up a big (and I mean big) named player to get O'Meara. Hawthorn would not have the draft picks that would interest Gold Coast.

Don't worry - some teams want players not only draft picks which is a Big Footy obsession. We can satisfy them with a combination of the two.

although trading out Crisp and putting a long list of untouchables, and tweeting from their coach and captain, all this behaviour is hitting front and centre and as hard as a steam-train.

"All this behaviour."? Brisbane are as entitled as the next club - including Collingwood - to refute unfounded rumours advanced through social media, via social media. They are also entitled to say to Collingwood they they are not interested in trading a particular player.

It's not as if Nathan Buckley never gets on Twitter to defend his club either.

"Still waiting for your call Caroline ... not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf," was one of his tweets about a story she did on Dane Swan in 2012.

Or defending Scott Pendlebury earlier this year.

"Pendles comments taken out of context."

Or even a small Twitter spat with Kevin Sheedy over the Pies playing boring footy.

But Lepptisch does the same thing that Buckley has done on a number of occasions in defending his club against unfounded rumours and is condemned for poor behaviour. Maybe the real reason for your condemnation is all those wonderful proposed trade scenarios for Beams bit the dust in less than 140 characters and proved a few people wrong.

And are Brisbane expected to acquiesce to trading a player to Collingwood, simply because Collingwood ask for said player? Leppitsch made it very clear that the Lions were not interested in trading their best young players for Beams unless those players asked for a trade and it was in the club's interests to do so. They weren't and they didn't.

What's this got to do with the trading of said players? it's all pertinent. You unpack all that, and they are banned for one more year for doing something that a player who they traded the kitchen sink for (if rumours are true) has a much greater reputation of partaking in said substances. Again, irony is glaringly obvious.

If rumours are true? What Beams may or may not have done in the past is hearsay and innuendo on your part.

Bottom line is Keefe and Thomas were banned for ingesting prohibited substances. That was proven beyond doubt, unlike the rumours you keep circulating about Beams. Keefe and Thomas have very little trade value as a result.

Last edited:
Don't worry - some teams want players not only draft picks which is a Big Footy obsession. We can satisfy them with a combination of the two.

Doubt the players the hawks would be willing to let go would be enough to get Bennell or O'Mera.

Hawks either have great players over 30 that wont go anywhere, unproven kids that haven't been exposed or mid-young players required to be the next wave. Cant think of 1 player on the hawks list that they would be willing to give up that the suns would want.

You mean a guy with dodgy knees who can't get out on the park and who must definitely have some serious question marks on his body holding up to the rigours of AFL, is worth a multiple premiership player in Gunston and 2 draft picks? That's absolutely ludicrous.

Plus, I thought the Hawks were targeting Harley Bennell from the Gold Coast anyways.

Doubt the players the hawks would be willing to let go would be enough to get Bennell or O'Mera.

Hawks either have great players over 30 that wont go anywhere, unproven kids that haven't been exposed or mid-young players required to be the next wave. Cant think of 1 player on the hawks list that they would be willing to give up that the suns would want.
Hey what's the latest with Jake Carlisle??

2nd rounder? He isn't worth what he was drafted at regardless of what you think, and how much I rate the bloke. Has barely played a match, an early 3rd is generous. Carlton's 3rd is probably around the mark. If the Pies are insisting on a 2nd for Kennedy they are kidding themselves. If he was worth a 2nd, he'd be getting a game right now.

It's one of those situations where Collingwood wouldn't want to trade him because they'd get bad picks in return and other clubs don't want to give up something good to get him.

I'm happy to keep him for another year. He's excellent in the VFL, but hasn't transferred that to the AFL just yet. In his first few years he couldn't build a tank and was diagnosed with compartment syndrome in his legs which didn't help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back