List Mgmt. 2015 List Discussion (No rumours or hypotheticals please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Asking the hypothetical.

You want Jetta who is under contract to us. Do you think we would take Sinclair and actually consider giving something else?

I know that is not the case and nothing is ever even, sellers msrket and all that, but gee whiz at least deal in reality a bit.

You would swap Sinclair for Jetta straight up every day of the week at this point in their careers. In fact I cannot really work out why you haven't slammed the door in his face to give him the picture.
He's as overpriced as any ruckmen, ever.
EDIT:
P.S: I don't even rate Jetta, would probably prefer someone who isn't under-performing near what should be their peak age. Much prefer Jed Anderson.

I would be really disappointed to give up anything at all for Jetta. Do not rate the guy, in fact all year long Sydney fans have been bagging him out.
Why would be give up a best 22 player and our 2nd ruck option?
Makes no sense

You're mistaken. We were actually praising him all year UNTIL finals. Actually had a good season - his second best to date.

I would be really disappointed to give up anything at all for Jetta. Do not rate the guy, in fact all year long Sydney fans have been bagging him out.
Why would be give up a best 22 player and our 2nd ruck option?
Makes no sense

Why are you putting forth this opinion on the Sydney board?

Plenty of people on this Board potting Sinclair and wanting Fitzpatrick ! The World has gone completely ******* Bonkers. Jack Fitzpatrick is not an AFL Standard Player. If we don't succumb to complete idiocy and pick Fitzpatrick up No other club would be as stupid to.

He looked AFL standard when he had a career high in disposals (17), marks (8) and goals (3) against us in 2013.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to go after the Eagles 2016 first rounder anyway, it is a MUCH stronger draft and I actually have them falling a few places next year- happens every time. They had a simple draw this year.

You're mistaken. We were actually praising him all year UNTIL finals. Actually had a good season - his second best to date.

The latest final series wasn't great for Jetta but if WCE look at what Jetta did in 2012 (assuming he can get back to that form) - he wil make a massive difference at wce. Masten was crap in the GF but add Jetta with shuey, gaff and Wellingham (with priddis, redden and nic in the centre ) that would be an awesome midfield.

Wish the swans had a combo like that!

You presume we want him that badly. He wasn't our number one priority.

At the end of the day if Sinclair requests the move then it'll be easily done but until then it could go to the last day and to who blinks first.
Good. If you don't want him, * off then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You presume we want him that badly. He wasn't our number one priority.

At the end of the day if Sinclair requests the move then it'll be easily done but until then it could go to the last day and to who blinks first.
you or he stays here. He might want out, but we have his FA rights. Or he goes to the PSD and some Victorian club gets him. Don't think it couldn't happen. You want him, pay a fair price..

The result will be Jetta for Sinclair and their 3rd. They don't need the 3rd and it has value to us in academy bidding, plus Jetta is worth more

End of subject lets move on.
So we say no to a straight swap and we will now add to it?

Do you see the flaw in that?

Just hoping that he has a change of heart and starts thinking that he should go since wce were willing to ship him off

When have we tried to ship him off?

Swans made an offer and we said no he is required, come back with something else and we might look.

Every player has a price but I think Sinkers would be pretty happy with the response we gave.

Fans only remember the freshest memory, it's one reason why a lot on our board seem to rate Sinclair who was ******* terrible in some games earlier this season.

I'm going to be shattered if there's ever a Welcome Sinclair thread. Do not want :( I just don't understand how people see a straight swap as equitable, it isn't, its outright ludicrous. Well lose badly on whatever deal we do with the Eagles now that they don't have a 1st round p pick to trade.

Have watched Sinclair for a few years now from the VFL to the WAFL and his journey through the ranks in the AFL. What is the problem that you have with him? Has continued to improve year after year and I don't see a reason to why he won't continue on doing so?

West Coast inherently have the upper hand by the nature of Jetta wanting out as an uncontracted player, but to be honest I think you will be big winners in a straight swap.

By all reports, west coast went to sinclair and said we can get you to sydney if you like and he wasnt too keen. Wce definately entertained the idea

Of course we did, any player that receives an offer from another club is consulted on the deal. We certainly didn't go to him and say we have an offer and we think you should take it.

Jetta is a very valuable player. But we've used him poorly at times. He's worked best for us when we structured around him and used his attributes. But when we tried to press him into a team role, we blunted his edge. You don't drive an F1 car down the shops to pick up the groceries. But at times that's what we've done with him.

We've seen him kick 45 goals in a season. It scares me what a quality side like West Coast will do with his pace, accuracy and leading inside 50 game.

We simply cannot let him go to the PSD. But it would be nice for WC to come to the party and acknowledge what a win they'll get by helping us get him onto their list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back