2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they've quickly jumped in to undermine Fagan's no-uncertain-terms desire to have a womens team?

I knew it'd turn in our favour again but this is sooner than anticipated :) feels good to be followed by little brother again.

So they've quickly jumped in to undermine Fagan's no-uncertain-terms desire to have a womens team?

I knew it'd turn in our favour again but this is sooner than anticipated :) feels good to be followed by little brother again.

It would be a massive embarrassment should port power not get given the licence.

They have all the history - 1870's and all
They have the more members - last year it became official
They have the world known Indiginous training program
They have the 37 SANFL magpies program

How can they not get given the first women's team. Embarrassing for them if they don't.

It would be a massive embarrassment should port power not get given the licence.

They have all the history - 1870's and all
They have the more members - last year it became official
They have the world known Indiginous training program
They have the 37 SANFL magpies program

How can they not get given the first women's team. Embarrassing for them if they don't.

I think the AFL will grant both SA teams a license. Probably 2 in SA and WA, 2-4 in Vic and 1 in Sydney. I do not think they will have the numbers up in QLD because of Rugby league heartland.

OneGreatClub is one the actual decent ones who come on our board.
Yeah ok. :rolleyes:

A quick browse of his posts will prove otherwise. He goes out of his way to denigrate the AFC at every opportunity on the Port board and is a repeat offender on this board. No, he is not one of the 'decent ones' who posts on this board.

Their third announcement (of Christmas) was that Erin Phillips will play for their woman's team, if it is created.

So these great announcements were that Boak and Gray will play their last year of their careers at Port and they have a woman's footballer onboard for a team that does not exist.

Lame.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk
They could have just announced Rhonda Rousey (if it is ever created).

And coached by Oprah (if it is ever created)

Now I'm going home to shag Jennifer Lawrence (if she ever marries me)

It's slightly possible, but very doubtful we would have a sub par year though. Wines told one of our very reliable supporters at the b and f that he is staying. He hasn't said 'he's not sure.' The terms are being worked out.
Yeah, but what does his girlfriend think... ;)

You will go further backwards when Ryder and Monfries get rubbed out for the year. That's a million $ of your salary cap down the toilet.
Don't think the players get paid if suspended. May work in port's favour that they can restructure salaries to re-sign wines, wingard, etc... Though they lose Ryder & monfries... But with lobbe & dixon, no big deal.

Me! Nah, but just want to respond to the bit in bold ... Actually, he doesnt come from Melbourne! Not unless Echuca has become a suburb recently. He hasnt lived there, and besides the Vardy's has no connection with, or pull to go back there. He will re-sign. Its just a matter of when, and the $ value.

Isn't Jack Viney his best mate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was prob pretty happy mid 2014.
His manager should have worked magic to insist he was traded.

Any way, you don't walk out on contracts 2 years out unless extremely extenuating circumstances.

Agree. The GWS should allow him to go back to Perth 1 week before Christmas and then say, you have to report back on the 3rd of January or we will stop payment.
Sets a dangerous precedent if no ramifications... If he indeed walks.

His manager should have worked magic to insist he was traded.

Any way, you don't walk out on contracts 2 years out unless extremely extenuating circumstances.

From memory, he did. It was the GWS who insisted they were not giving him up.

It has been reported cam McCarthy has walked out in gws. I'd true, what a joke. Shouldn't be paid & fined for breaking a contract. Why did he sign a new long-term contract?

If this is true, He will have to sit out for a year of AFL footy and will have no guarantee of anyone drafting him unless its a WA club. GWS most likely made a mistake by refusing to trade him and I think that was the general feeling in the industry. Especially when we saw Patrick Dangerfield a top 5 player in the comp get traded. I think Cam has every right to feel a bit annoyed. If he doesn't want to be there GWS should have shown him the door when they had the chance to get something for him.

From memory, he did. It was the GWS who insisted they were not giving him up.
If gws truely knew he would walk, imo they would have traded. No point having a non-playing player on the list. Also, higher trade value.

Agree. The GWS should allow him to go back to Perth 1 week before Christmas and then say, you have to report back on the 3rd of January or we will stop payment.
Story I read is he's left noosa early (and teammates) to go home for Xmas.

"Journos" would have no clue if that's club sanctioned, as you suggest they could do.

Story I read is he's left noosa early (and teammates) to go home for Xmas.

"Journos" would have no clue if that's club sanctioned, as you suggest they could do.
Hopefully it is a media jumping to wrong conclusions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back