NFL 2015 - Off Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have a chance even this year to make the playoffs...........as in 2015, for the Broncos fans who can't count.
I guess it depends how the Chargers hold up, and how much longer Rivers stays there. Chiefs are nothing to worry about for the next 5 or so years, so you will be competing with the likes of Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Houston, Buffalo for the 5 and 6 seed over that time while the Broncos, Colts and Pats get down to the real business

I guess it depends how the Chargers hold up, and how much longer Rivers stays there. Chiefs are nothing to worry about for the next 5 or so years, so you will be competing with the likes of Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Houston, Buffalo for the 5 and 6 seed over that time while the Broncos, Colts and Pats get down to the real business
Don't discount the Chargers. They loaded up really well in the draft and picked up a number of excellent UDFAs. They'll continue to challenge the Broncos for the division title, neck and neck.
Chiefs need a franchise QB before they can be taken seriously, their previous playoff appearance and unfortunate loss to the Colts an outlier.
The Raiders now with a young franchise QB, are set up for 2016 or 2017 to dominate the AFC West for 5+ years, with Peyton and Rivers retiring. Raiders will have a leg up on the Chiefs, Broncos and Chargers in terms of franchise QB, as Carr will be 2-3 years into his career while those teams struggle to find a franchise QB, or draft one and he needs 2 years to acclimate.
But even this year, I think it's very plausible the Raiders, as you say, could be vying for a wild card with some teams in the North and East.

Don't discount the Chargers. They loaded up really well in the draft and picked up a number of excellent UDFAs. They'll continue to challenge the Broncos for the division title, neck and neck.
Chiefs need a franchise QB before they can be taken seriously, their previous playoff appearance and unfortunate loss to the Colts an outlier.
The Raiders now with a young franchise QB, are set up for 2016 or 2017 to dominate the AFC West for 5+ years, with Peyton and Rivers retiring. Raiders will have a leg up on the Chiefs, Broncos and Chargers in terms of franchise QB, as Carr will be 2-3 years into his career while those teams struggle to find a franchise QB, or draft one and he needs 2 years to acclimate.
But even this year, I think it's very plausible the Raiders, as you say, could be vying for a wild card with some teams in the North and East.
Chargers challenge the Broncos as in the way they've challenged them the last two years? :rolleyes:

Denver's elite run game and defense will ensure they stay up there with the Raiders for the next 5+ years

If you hadn't noticed, the Broncos are in a decline. From divisional loss (Tebow), to afc title loss, to SB loss, then back down as Peyton declined/injured, to divisional loss.... so they hit the peak and are on the way back down the other side of the mountain. The Chargers are still the next best team. Broncos continuing the trend of their slide, they'll be a wild card team or miss playoffs.

If you hadn't noticed, the Broncos are in a decline. From divisional loss (Tebow), to afc title loss, to SB loss, then back down as Peyton declined/injured, to divisional loss.... so they hit the peak and are on the way back down the other side of the mountain. The Chargers are still the next best team. Broncos continuing the trend of their slide, they'll be a wild card team or miss playoffs.
Wildcard team, maybe, miss the playoffs? No. Peyton Manning's Broncos are arguably the best ever team against their own division (albeit a s**t division). If San Diego beat Denver in the division this year, I'll become a hardcore Raiders fan on here for the entire 2016-17 season

I'm talking sig, avatar, teams list, everything will be dedicated to the Oakland Raiders, and I encourage you to hold me to this

But anyway, a healthy Peyton is not but a bonus for the Broncos now. Wade Phillips' defense, and Gary Kubiak's run game will be lethal. Peyton showed this year when healthy that he is still arguably the best QB in the game, so if he is anywhere near his best, I'd look out

* the AFC West...boring

I like what the Fins have done off season.

They've added the following to offence:

WR Stills, Parker,
RB Ajayi
TE Jordan Cameron
LT Branden Albert missed half the season

On D you have Suh and Jordan Phillips

You don't have to pretend to be a hard core Raiders fan if you lose the bet. Just keep it in mind and we'll see what happens this season. Remember every year about 2-3 teams from each conference who made the playoffs previous year don't make it the following year.

Who are those potential afc teams? Imo Broncos seem like a good proposition bet on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NFC South team has winning record and doesn't win the division?
Lost all credibility there (probs lost it with 7-9 for Arizona)

yup - apologies for posting the link - very average article IMO.... mind you when was the last read-worthy article posted on Bleacher Report?

yup - apologies for posting the link - very average article IMO.... mind you when was the last read-worthy article posted on Bleacher Report?
When was the Boise State-Georgia game? 2011? A pre-game write up to that was the last time I read anything on Bleacher Report other than WWE and actually paid attention to it.

I'm on another football forum (boise State only) and they have actually banned the hyperlink to bleacher report (more so because of stolen content, but implying shitty content is more amusing)

LeSean McCoy on Chip Kelly:

The relationship was never really great. I feel like I always respected him as a coach. I think that's the way he runs his team. He wants the full control. You see how fast he got rid of all the good players. Especially all the good black players. He got rid of them the fastest. That's the truth. There's a reason. ... It's hard to explain with him. But there's a reason he got rid of all the black players -- the good ones -- like that

Wow. :eek:

The more McCoy speaks the more I understand why the Eagles moved him on.

Now it's time for him to move on and accept this is business as usual in the NFL. He's taking it far too personally.

Sorry, but int he NFL, about 90% are black.
It's actually almost impossible to create a full white team in Madden due to lack of white players in some positions.
If you think there's a bias against you, you're mistaken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back