Position 2015 SuperCoach rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone give some clarity in regards to Naitanui? Is he actually under an injury cloud? I read on the West Coast board that he's the fittest he's been for seasons, yet he only played 1 NAB game, and about 70% of it was just sitting in the goal square.

Anyone?

There has been some talk about his groin having some issues, but the fact he played in the NAB is a good sign, although hard to take much from that game as far as how fit he really his.

After tonight I have no idea what do with with rucks. Maric didn't play too bad and scored horribly. Hmm.

Tommy Bellchambers as sole ruckman makes things interesting. Just coming up on my radar now.

Currently running set n forget rucks BUT a 3/1/4 backline which is making me more nervous by the minute.

Thinking of downgrading a premo ruck to tbc and adding a 4th premo back....or stay as is and run the gauntlet with 2 starting rookie backs.

Ivan Maric 2014 (SC ave of 99) vs last night -stats wise;

IM Cmp.PNG
Not much in those stats generally.

More tackles, hit outs*, CP, DE%^, clearances, contested marks.

However slightly more disposals & goals*, less frees against & more 1%ers last year.

82 SC pts last night, interesting..........

The dreaded ruck changes have murdered Maric. Now a full time spud.

Oh well I'll just have to carry him until he's injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dreaded ruck changes have murdered Maric. Now a full time spud.

Oh well I'll just have to carry him until he's injured

Jury is still out on it ATM.

But has been discussed on here a fair bit and we have our 1st real example to consider with a premium ruck.

Needs to be considered.

Currently running set n forget rucks BUT a 3/1/4 backline which is making me more nervous by the minute.

Thinking of downgrading a premo ruck to tbc and adding a 4th premo back....or stay as is and run the gauntlet with 2 starting rookie backs.

I've got Belly as my F4. Will now play 2 mid-pricers down back (Goodes and T.Hunt once I bring him in next week).

I am currently contemplating to exact same sutuation. Marics score has given me a bit of a scare. Currently have golstein alongside nic nat in my rucks with the bellend as backup in the fwd line.

Could go: goldstein oxley out
Ibbortson daulhouse/rioli in

Bellend moving from fwd to ruck.

One less def rookie on the field this way, but look at mckintosh. Oxley may end up matching ibbortson for points with a much lower price?

Arrrrg!

I am currently contemplating to exact same sutuation. Marics score has given me a bit of a scare. Currently have golstein alongside nic nat in my rucks with the bellend as backup in the fwd line.

Could go: goldstein oxley out
Ibbortson daulhouse/rioli in

Bellend moving from fwd to ruck.

One less def rookie on the field this way, but look at mckintosh. Oxley may end up matching ibbortson for points with a much lower price?

Arrrrg!
If you're hell bent on knee jerk reactions based on One game and Maric's score, go the whole hog.

Luey and TBC

This is exactly what I've done. I reckon it makes the team look much for stable now, especially considering the new ruck sytem.

From what I saw of the game last night, there were some shocking throw-ins. It's hard to get a tap to advantage when the ball lands 5 metres in front of the rucks. I'm not going to read too much into the new ruck rules until the whole round has finished. The ruck scores in the NAB didn't seem to differ too much from last season.

So everyone's off Mumford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back