2016 Asian Champions League

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win by Melbourne, gotta get off to a good start and win the home matches.

Sydney attacked more in that game than the last 5 HAL games in total but copped dumb goals. Probably deserved a draw but alas not to be.

Did the Smurfs really choose Dimitrijevic over Holosko for the ACL? Why? Dimitrijevic has been s**t this season, why not just play O'Neill?

Did the Smurfs really choose Dimitrijevic over Holosko for the ACL? Why? Dimitrijevic has been s**t this season, why not just play O'Neill?
I assume it's due to Holosko's injuries, he's had a lot of hamstring issues and struggles to play the full 90. I agree Dimitrijevic has been s**t all season, only good thing about him getting picked in the ACL squad is that it means O'Neill will now get to start most of our A-League games instead of Dimitrijevic.

Delpierre himself said he didn't think he was up to all the traveling with the ACL but ended up being selected and was one of the Victory's best last night in their win. Holosko is selected in the squad to play in the A-League this week so surely he's fit? He doesn't have to play the full 90 in any ACL game anyway but hell, Dimitrijevic has been absolute tripe all season and gets selected. How that happens blows my mind. Throwing someone like Zac Anderson into an ACL game last night was such a crap move by Arnold IMO. He has barely seen any game-time all season and bang, starts in freezing temperatures in the ACL. Should have chosen Faty if Holosko wasn't fit enough.

Sydney score then Ryall gives away a pen

WHICH HE SAVES !!!!!!!

Good start by the Smurfs. First they take the lead, Ryall concedes a penalty 3 minutes later and Janjetovic saves it! It was a crap penalty though from the Guangzhou player.

Great win for Sydney and a great point for Melbourne. Undefeated after 2 games for Melbourne and Sydney only 1 point less.

3 times now including our playoff we've seen the Chinese players die in the @ss around 60-70 minutes. Good on Sydney for taking advantage.

Melbourne did well hanging on for a point after being battered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing draw imo we really had a chance to stamp ourself in the group now we need to win an away match to go through.
Tough considering we haven't won an away match in the ACL. It Will make it difficult to get out of the group now.

Thought the ref let alot go last night, which is unusual.

Geez it's a pretty ordinary looking Sydney FC team for tonight's game...
I seriously cannot believe that Arnie has given a start to Blackwood, the guy is awful every time he plays. Never looks like scoring or even creating an opportunity, and turns the ball over whenever he tries to hold it up.

I seriously cannot believe that Arnie has given a start to Blackwood, the guy is awful every time he plays. Never looks like scoring or even creating an opportunity, and turns the ball over whenever he tries to hold it up.

hey mate knowing Sydney FC's history will Arnie keep his job post season if this down spiral trend continues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back