List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trading and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon the intrusion, was just keen to get a gauge of what you honestly thought of Clancee and his future at Freo beyond this year.

Is it true hes an unrestricted free agent?

Would he be on the chopping block for you guys or a part of the mini rebuild?

Not sure why Ralph has pinned him to your 2nd rounder in a potential Hill deal, particularly if hes a FA and you dont have a 2nd rounder...

I've always liked him but not sure hes what we'd be after with our list management goals.

Interesting though.
Here is my list of players that can't get a game for freo that would get a game at hawthorn:

I'm really hoping Clancee Pearce was just a typo and it's Alex Pearce.

I'm assuming the latter is close to untouchable?

I too was hoping it was a typo and they meant Danyl.

Alex Pearce ain't untouchable but contracted and broken leg and one of our only young talls with serious talent. Yeah again Brad Hill won't be involved with this one.

I'd go as far as to say Pearce would possibly be in our top 5 players to try and retain or extend contract.

If alex pearce , no deal , you can keep brad hill , and we give you suban also for givinv ross the opportunity to chat with brad.

If we get Suban I won't even add him to my signature. He's not worthy of an S.

Here is my list of players that can't get a game for freo that would get a game at hawthorn:

Here's my list of players on Freos list that would get a game at Hawks: Fyfe... I want to say Walters, Sandilands for sure, Not many others as instant upgrades. Neale wouldn't take anyone's spot, but is obviously good. Hmmmm our list is pretty bad!

Maybe spudban .

Our mutual disdain for Suban will one day bring peace between our respective boards.

Unless you trade him to us. Then it's nuclear.

Our mutual disdain for Suban will one day bring peace between our respective boards.

Unless you trade him to us. Then it's nuclear.
Maybe get him to clean mitchell and hodge shoes for a season.

Maybe get him to clean mitchell and hodge shoes for a season.

Not fit for that job.

Could have him cut up some oranges but I'm sure he will butcher that somehow.

Pardon the intrusion, was just keen to get a gauge of what you honestly thought of Clancee and his future at Freo beyond this year.

Is it true hes an unrestricted free agent?

Would he be on the chopping block for you guys or a part of the mini rebuild?

Not sure why Ralph has pinned him to your 2nd rounder in a potential Hill deal, particularly if hes a FA and you dont have a 2nd rounder...

I've always liked him but not sure hes what we'd be after with our list management goals.

Interesting though.

I think Clancee has been pushed to the side as part of our rebuild.

Personally I still think he has a fair bit to offer, and I think he'd be pretty reasonable in the Hawks side. I don't think that's an opinion you'd see in the majority around here. However he's one of the better and longer kicks of all of our depth players, and pretty physical assuming his shoulder stays in its socket. Really think he'd be decent if he was playing in the back pocket like he did in 2012/13. Or he could just be cooked. Dunno.

But yeah as has been said he's an FA and we don't have a 2nd, so Jon Ralph is surely smoking something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really hoping Clancee Pearce was just a typo and it's Alex Pearce.

I'm assuming the latter is close to untouchable?
Yeah Alex pearce is untouchable so is sam collins. Both blokes will be our 2 main key defenders once michael johnson and zac dawson both retire in 2017,

worst he can be is a 2nd ruckman
Why vick? Go to draft we are not in premiership mode . Sometimes getting ready made players will hidden a rebuild look at tiger neither here or there .if he is 22 maybe i considered. Stradica , goddard or some young ruck is worth more, freo still need to negotiate with fyfe contract next year no need to waste money on vick, i believe brad hill salary wont come cheap also.

We need at least 3 tall forwards, and one of them should be able to handle the ruck. Next year we will have Tabs as a known quantity, one unknown quantity in Apeness and possibly McCarthy. That's one developing forward, one injury prone and undeveloped ruck forward and a young forward who clearly is not in a good space. If we draft a young ruckman he will need a couple of years to develop; no way should we expect him to come in and play every game.

We may be rebuilding, but Vickery makes sense. No cost of a draft pick, fills an immediate need and arguably protects the investment in a young ruckman.

This is a scenario that was posted in the Cam McCarthy thread and I believe that it could be a good result for Freo.
GWS get: Pick 3, Pick 39 from Freo (2680 points together)
Dockers get: McCarthy, 8, 16 from GWS (2618 points together)
Whilst that values McCarthy at pick Pick 68, the above paragraph still gives the Giants a fair deal.
Freo can then trade pick 16 for B.Hill and Hawks 2nd round pick.
Freo end up with Cam McCarthy, B.Hill, Pick 8 to use on a Tall and Hawthorns second round pick, plus whatever picks they can get for, Mayne, Clarke Barlow etc.

This is a scenario that was posted in the Cam McCarthy thread and I believe that it could be a good result for Freo.
Whilst that values McCarthy at pick Pick 68, the above paragraph still gives the Giants a fair deal.
Freo end up with Cam McCarthy, B.Hill, Pick 8 to use on a Tall and Hawthorns second round pick, plus whatever picks they can get for, Mayne, Clarke Barlow etc.

That's all well and good but GWS don't need top 5 picks to get their academy players. They just wait for someone else to pick them then come in with later picks and claim their 25% discount.

Assuming they don't use 3 on an academy kid, that situation may not improve GWSs draft options.

If we want to downgrade pick three I'm not sure GWS is the right angle to take. It probably involves maybe Gold Coast (???). They have Melbourne's first rounder and four second rounders. How about we trade them pick three for Melbourne's first rounder and a second rounder. Assuming Essendon and Brisbane don't bid on Bowes they'd probably be getting pick 3,4 and 5 given that whoever is after GC will almost certainly bid on Bowes at that point.

We can then trade our 2017 2nd round pick to GWS and use the new second round pick from Gold Coast for Brad Hill. FWIW the three extra second rounders Gold Coast have originally belonged to Freo, Richmond and Port.

I must add though that I would personally want pick to keep pick three.

Sps is going to cancel our a lot if those options #usepick3
I agree. Just had a look at the history of pick 8. Apart from Bartel and Heppell, a number of second stringers and many no names. That's aside from our poor ability to use our first pick anyway. At least pick 3 will be a lot harder for us to stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back