No Oppo Supporters 2016 General AFL Discussion Part 2 (Sydney Posters Only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My favourite thing about him was when he beat up a cleaner and then laughed about it in court. What a hero.

Some of us just want to talk about players' on field achievements, I know many on this board hate the Pies because of Eddie, but Swan's on field achievements speak for themselves, a Brownlow, premiership, three best and fairests for Collingwood, and five All Australian selections among them.

And you've led a perfect life no doubt.
gosh no, but I've never beaten up a cleaner or gone to court. Everything I've done wrong I've owned and regretted, not giggled at.

I'm just kinda sick of footy players getting a free "good bloke" pass for stuff that I or anyone else would lose the respect of their peers for.

Some of us just want to talk about players' on field achievements, I know many on this board hate the Pies because of Eddie, but Swan's on field achievements speak for themselves, a Brownlow, premiership, three best and fairests for Collingwood, and five All Australian selections among them.
He's an great footballer, no-one would seriously argue against that. but there is a lot of discussion about what a great bloke he is, and I thought I'd put in my two cents on that regard.

All bias withstanding, if there are not at LEAST four Swans players named in the All Australian side this year, then a royal commission should be called for.

The locks are Hanners, Parker, Buddy and Sir Dane. If they aren't in the side, the AFL is basically publishing a signed confession of their anti-Swans stance. And if the selectors do their job properly, Grundy and JPK should also be in the team, but for both of them, I can see potential for other options.

Another interesting note: If Hanners and JPK get selected, it'll be their third AA selection, which begins to put them into pretty rare territory. Only Dangerfield, Mitchell, Nick Reiwoldt, Buddy, Sandilands, Selwood, Ablett, Pendlebury, Enright, Swan, Dal Santo, Hodge and Stevie J have been All Australian three times amongst current players, and most of those blokes are over-30 veterans now (Kennedy's only 28 and Hanners is only 25).

All bias withstanding, if there are not at LEAST four Swans players named in the All Australian side this year, then a royal commission should be called for.

The locks are Hanners, Parker, Buddy and Sir Dane. If they aren't in the side, the AFL is basically publishing a signed confession of their anti-Swans stance. And if the selectors do their job properly, Grundy and JPK should also be in the team, but for both of them, I can see potential for other options.

Another interesting note: If Hanners and JPK get selected, it'll be their third AA selection, which begins to put them into pretty rare territory. Only Dangerfield, Mitchell, Nick Reiwoldt, Buddy, Sandilands, Selwood, Ablett, Pendlebury, Enright, Swan, Dal Santo, Hodge and Stevie J have been All Australian three times amongst current players, and most of those blokes are over-30 veterans now (Kennedy's only 28 and Hanners is only 25).
Pavlich 6 AA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only precedent were the Cronulla players who received 6 month suspensions.

But they cooperated and plead Guilty. Essendon fought tooth and nail to derail the process, so with WADA cases from different sports around the world, it was fair to assume they would get the suspension. I personally thought they were lucky to get them back dated to be honest.

Holy smokes! Collingwood actually signed Andrew Ireland as CEO but due to circumstances up in Brisbane they didn't hold him to it. Wow.

We've been trolling Collingwood that long?
Just another reason I love this club.

Holy smokes! Collingwood actually signed Andrew Ireland as CEO but due to circumstances up in Brisbane they didn't hold him to it. Wow.
Yeah?! Wow. That's amazing. Bloody glad it worked out the way it did. Andrew & Richard have been ridiculously important to our club the last 10-15 odd years.

Imagine what he would have done playing for Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back