No Oppo Supporters 2016 General AFL Discussion Part 2 (Sydney Posters Only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you just have a go at someone taking a dig at a retiring player?
They were questioning Swans early years being in trouble . Firrito from day 1 has been a dog against us, from the day he dropped his knees in to Paul Williams in Canberra. That's on the ground, not off, which that poster was talking about.

I agree, what will 100 say.

He'll probably be happy, it gives him more posts to reply to, how do you think he got to 50,000!

He'll probably be happy, it gives him more posts to reply to, how do you think he got to 50,000!

Im concerned at how many of Bedders posts are about me

Must have a poster of say Skilton, Bedford, Kelly and swansrule100 on the wall

Thank god we treat our club champions with a little more respect. Not only do we send them off with dignity, but we're honest and upfront with them from the outset, not putting them in a position where they have to demand to know their standing on the eve of a finals series. What shambles.

Thank god we treat our club champions with a little more respect. Not only do we send them off with dignity, but we're honest and upfront with them from the outset, not putting them in a position where they have to demand to know their standing on the eve of a finals series. What shambles.
Well we let Okeefe hang out in the reserves in his final year. But he may have been told in advance that he would struggle to get a game?

Ryan Okeefe , Nick Davis and a few others may disagree

Well we let Okeefe hang out in the reserves in his final year. But he may have been told in advance that he would struggle to get a game?

Exactly. Clearly he was told he may not get another game and was under no illusion as to his playing future the following year. Yes, tough calls have to be made. But, if everyone dodges the truth until a decision is forced to be made, it gets ugly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Okeefe , Nick Davis and a few others may disagree

Roos' handling of Davis and Hall was probably the two low points of his coaching tenure here IMO.

The treatment of O'Keefe was harsh, but I reckon he was cooked anyway so not sure if he would have changed the result of the season. Hindsight's a wonderful thing but maybe he should have gone out at the same time as Jude in 2013.

Davis spent all his time at KFC only had himself to blame.

Yeah maybe

Its just footy, players get moved on
If players want to jump around like say Buddy did then clubs will be cut throat too

Your time comes quick, north paid these blokes well, need to do whats best for the club longterm
Guys cant play forever and at least their fans can say goodbye
Maybe they can throw everything into a finals tilt now

Exactly. Clearly he was told he may not get another game and was under no illusion as to his playing future the following year. Yes, tough calls have to be made. But, if everyone dodges the truth until a decision is forced to be made, it gets ugly.
I believe that the four #lolnorf players concerned demanded to know from #Lolnorf what the future held for them this week so that they could have a home ground final game this weekend. As a result they forced #lolnorf to make the announcement this week. I don't think the club can be blamed for the timing.

Roos' handling of Davis and Hall was probably the two low points of his coaching tenure here IMO.

The treatment of O'Keefe was harsh, but I reckon he was cooked anyway so not sure if he would have changed the result of the season. Hindsight's a wonderful thing but maybe he should have gone out at the same time as Jude in 2013.

Its just life these days
Cant hang on to people in modern footy

I think north actually did the bold positive thing today

Its just life these days

I know, I know. I always feel that these things could be handled better, it's not easy moving people on.

I always thought that Roos struggled to get the best out of Davis but that was just my perception, without being inside the club it's hard to comment.

As I said in my earlier post I thought Norf probably made the right call.

Its just life these days

Exactly. Harvey can still play but he won't be in their next premiership side. Why hang onto him so that he can clog the list? The only reason to retain him would be for his leadership qualities. IMO we should have done the same with Goodesy (even though he was a legend) and we may have retained Membrey.

I know, I know. I always feel that these things could be handled better, it's not easy moving people on.

I always thought that Roos struggled to get the best out of Davis but that was just my perception, without being inside the club it's hard to comment.

As I said in my earlier post I thought Norf probably made the right call.

Fans are almost more or should i say differently emotionally invested in the club and players thsn those one the inside sometimes

Agree re Davis, realise he was lazy but also felt Roos had little time for him

I believe that the four #lolnorf players concerned demanded to know from #Lolnorf what the future held for them this week so that they could have a home ground final game this weekend. As a result they forced #lolnorf to make the announcement this week. I don't think the club can be blamed for the timing.

The point is I don't think it should ever have to that and the Club should have made a decision or at least sat down with the players before now.

No issue with what North have done. Would happily back the Swans if we did the same. No one is bigger than the club.

The timing of the announcement is a bit off for my taste though. But now if they think they can still play footy and a team wants that bit of experience they can go there

last week of tipping and im still 1 in front.... i havent really researched all year and just picked 1st team that comes to mind. this week im going with... any obvious ones i should re think?

Ade
Gee
Carl
Syd
GC 50/50
Gws
Stk
Haw
WB 50/50 if freo give a s**t about pav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad