Inferno

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2006
Tramland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
Continued from Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.

I've now added the Play Nice prefix which is exactly what it says on the label.

Keep it on topic, keep it civil and be respectful to people even if you don't agree with them. If you want to come in here and troll, name call etc. you're potentially facing an infraction and/or thread ban. These election threads have been particularly bad for trolling and shitposting and have previously gotten out of hand, let me make it clear that you will not have the leniency that you might normally be allowed (hence the Play Nice prefix).

Please also refrain from mass posting multiple images and/or videos, especially when you're not actually adding any comments or trying to make them relevant to what is being discussed. It tends to just derail discussion.

And remember: if you disagree with someone make sure you attack the argument not the poster.
Everything is clearly set out in the rules, so stick to them and there won't be any problems :thumbsu:

If there's any issues, please report the relevant post or if immediate/serious action needs to be taken directly contact myself or anyone else from the SRP mod team.

Hello? Anyone here?
Yep. I am here, just catching up on part 3.:)
There were a lot of white faces in that pic you posted, was that what Trump meant when he said, 'all Americans' or was there a token coloured/African American top left hand corner?

Note: Heard an interview by an American author recently and she stated that non white Americans preferred the word 'of colour' as it covered many ethnic backgrounds.

Why would team Hillary hang from nooses? Did they do something wrong?

I only watched a little of it however since you posted the vid and I presume watched it all, can you give me the names of the people who are quoted?
Unless of course given his introduction, no-one is named.

Note: Heard an interview by an American author recently and she stated that non white Americans preferred the word 'of colour' as it covered many ethnic backgrounds.

It's a pity that Americans need to label themselves.

It's taking ownership of the labels, let's face it, identity politics isn't something that was started by minorities, it only became an issue when they fought back.
I think identity politics only starts to kick in when the few become the many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cxg3dsAXEAA3tFH.jpg

Background on Flynn. Maybe this is where Trump is being influenced on his thoughts of Putin?

If this is true ... another example of post-truth? Who needs facts??

Read the whole thread.

I should be used to it by now, but this bloke staggers me.
We're all aware that politicians tell lies, but Trump takes it to a whole new qualitative level.
Not only does he lie repeatedly in every aspect of his life - business, lawsuits, politics - but he does it even when it's obvious that everyone knows that he's lying, and he simply doesn't care.

I only watched a little of it however since you posted the vid and I presume watched it all, can you give me the names of the people who are quoted?
Unless of course given his introduction, no-one is named.
The good bits are after 3.00. Second hand anonymous information, but coincides with rumours from secret service agents :eek:

One of the things I've learned from the election is that people have such a different outlook on life. They see things so totally different to the way I do. I only have one acquaintance on Facebook who voted for Trump. She is very religious, and is a lovely person. She said she voted for Trump to protect her gay friends and women from the oppression of radical Jihad. She wasn't looking for a nice man to lead the country, but an ass-kicker who will move them closer to a safer world and a stronger country.

How can she look at Trump and not see what he's truly like? She believes her country is being torn apart by lies and innuendo about President Elect Trump. I'm just shaking my head. It's like we're on another planet.

I should be used to it by now, but this bloke staggers me.
We're all aware that politicians tell lies, but Trump takes it to a whole new qualitative level.
Not only does he lie repeatedly in every aspect of his life - business, lawsuits, politics - but he does it even when it's obvious that everyone knows that he's lying, and he simply doesn't care.
Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth!

Another splendid example of post truth is Trump's constant use of the word "mandate". He is attempting to create the illusion that he actually has one.
This presumably is based on the idea that they have the three houses, and the supreme court. But it's not really a mandate when you lose the popular vote by a considerable margin, and have a diminished Senate majority (I think?), and the fragments of a fractured party left in your wake.
But that's what the line is, and if it's said enough times it might be believed. I have not heard the media discuss this point. So it's gone through to the keeper, and now they play the game as if they won 60% of the vote and feel they can do as they please.
Naturally this will cause them even further resentment.

One of the things I've learned from the election is that people have such a different outlook on life. They see things so totally different to the way I do. I only have one acquaintance on Facebook who voted for Trump. She is very religious, and is a lovely person. She said she voted for Trump to protect her gay friends and women from the oppression of radical Jihad. She wasn't looking for a nice man to lead the country, but an ass-kicker who will move them closer to a safer world and a stronger country.

How can she look at Trump and not see what he's truly like? She believes her country is being torn apart by lies and innuendo about President Elect Trump. I'm just shaking my head. It's like we're on another planet.
That's a very interesting rationale, and one that I have heard from other people, with other variables. I find it odd too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back