Draft Review 2016 - Revisiting the 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

hahaha are you seriously bringing up the 1996 AA team over sights?

You are a fool, Richo kicked 91 goals which was 23 less than Lockett and about 15 less than Dunstall.

The even funnier part is that Richardson did make the AA team on the bench and Dunstall missed out

I said lynch initially. White was selected in the forward 6 with bugger all goals over richo

Yeah it's a hell of a draft.

I'd go something like -

1. Bolton.
2. TT.
3. Clug.
4. Stewart.

But hard to go wrong and quality everywhere. Nice to see shai getting some love by his fellow players.
Bolton played the perfect Bolton game. 2 good goals in the 1st half - 3 disposals in the 2nd.

0 tackles.

Consistency is not only game to game but quarter to quarter.

Pretty clear McCluggage stood up and showed his consistency again. Good spread of disposals, clearances, I50s, R50s, score involvements, tackles and hit the scoreboard. Was a big impact on the game.

He has been at this consistent impactful level for a few years now. Really only been held back by his poor set shot goal kicking. But this year looks to have improved on that.

Pretty clear McCluggage stood up and showed his consistency again. Good spread of disposals, clearances, I50s, R50s, score involvements, tackles and hit the scoreboard. Was a big impact on the game.

He has been at this consistent impactful level for a few years now. Really only been held back by his poor set shot goal kicking. But this year looks to have improved on that.

His kick to McCarthy in the last was class

Agree - the difference between his best and worst is SFA.

I think he's made the 40 man squad the last 4 years in a row now.

Yeah something like that. Should have made last year, that was the bigger joke. This year I had him in my side but he isn't really an outside wing anymore, he'd played inside this year, wasn't ahead of the insides picked. That said when you are picking inside mids on the wing does it matter, he's more outside than them!

Yeah something like that. Should have made last year, that was the bigger joke. This year I had him in my side but he isn't really an outside wing anymore, he'd played inside this year, wasn't ahead of the insides picked. That said when you are picking inside mids on the wing does it matter, he's more outside than them!
Yeah agreed last year he should have made it for sure. He was statistically one of the most damaging mids in the comp. Led the competition for goal assists and inside 50s from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah agreed last year he should have made it for sure. He was statistically one of the most damaging mids in the comp. Led the competition for goal assists and inside 50s from memory.

Yeah the only thing he didn't do which I can never get was kick straight, has a beautiful kick but too often misses goals and especially the case last year

Yeah the only thing he didn't do which I can never get was kick straight, has a beautiful kick but too often misses goals and especially the case last year
Yeah definitely has a problem with his set shots. Strange because he's an incredible field kick and a good shot at goal from general play.

Yeah definitely has a problem with his set shots. Strange because he's an incredible field kick and a good shot at goal from general play.

Always feel he sets up wrong, could have a talk with Dusty or whatever. It's the one thing that's stopping him getting recognition, he has the potential for plenty of 25+ and 2 goal goames but instead he's too often 28 disposals and 0.3 or something

Always feel he sets up wrong, could have a talk with Dusty or whatever. It's the one thing that's stopping him getting recognition, he has the potential for plenty of 25+ and 2 goal goames but instead he's too often 28 disposals and 0.3 or something
Yeah he definitely doesn't look comfortable in his routine. I'm not sure of the stats but it's fair to assume he would have had close to the most shots at goal of any midfielder over the last few years. If he could convert more of them he would have had himself a couple of AA's.

How so? Did McCluggage have a 10 possession 0 tackle game.

The last time McCluggage was the bad it was July 2020 - playing reduced quarters.

Stats are very overrated.

That he had 16 touches instead of 10 isn't some amazing effort.

heard clug was Uber shyte by some that did.

Rubbish super coach score too

You say stats are very overrated, yet you continuously use them in arguments in other threads. Not to mention you go on to use a stat in your post, and then mention SC score (calculated from stats).

How ironic. 🤔

lol - so having 3 disposals in the 2nd half of an elimination final that ended up in a 2 point loss is fine - as stats are over rated?

The difference between 16 and 10 is proof the difference between McClugs best and worst is no where near as bad as Boltons.

lol - so having 3 disposals in the 2nd half of an elimination final that ended up in a 2 point loss is fine - as stats are over rated?

The difference between 16 and 10 is proof the difference between McClugs best and worst is no where near as bad as Boltons.

He got an eye injury early in the game.

Bolton aside, it's a shame clug choose not to turn up for the one game that mattered.

Football is more refined than just looking at kicks and handballs.

You talk like a 12 your old or a bloke at the game watching his Sportsbet app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back