List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only argument posters have against public salaries are
-dont care
-privacy

And they ignore or skirt around all the reasons they should be public (symantecs is skirting). Members elect the board so we control the club.

Members do not control the club, they can influence things like the board but it still requires people to want to be on the board. They can influence the bottom line by not renewing or not going to games or not but I G merchandise.
They could kill the club in great enough numbers maybe but they don't own the club.

The only argument posters have against public salaries are
-dont care
-privacy

And they ignore or skirt around all the reasons they should be public (symantecs is skirting). Members elect the board so we control the club.
Maybe 35,000 of us Hawks members should buy GWS memberships, vote out their board & fill it with our own guys, get our board to sack the footy dept & bring in our own List Manager (not the former poster or various aliases) then trade Shiel, Kelly, Cameron & Lobbe to HFC for a 4th rounder.

I don't understand why some of our supporters are against the club going after Tom Mitchell. He's not that bad a player.

A couple of weeks ago against Geelong he had a career high 21 contested possessions and 20 contested possessions against the Gold Coast Suns about a month ago. Sure he may not have elite kicking skills, but neither does Will Langford or Shiels.

I don't understand why some of our supporters are against the club going after Tom Mitchell. He's not that bad a player.

A couple of weeks ago against Geelong he had a career high 21 contested possessions and 20 contested possessions against the Gold Coast Suns about a month ago. Sure he may not have elite kicking skills, but neither does Will Langford or Shiels.
Do you want another Will Langford or Shiels on the list or would you rather a JO'M or Brad Crouch?

I reckon that's the question. It isn't that we all hate Mitchell (syd), it's just that most of us would prefer someone else, if both are available (& in BF world, anything is possible),.

Sooo.......

O'Meara or Crouch or Mitchell or Prestia?
Sooo..
Omera is the touch of class replacement.

Crouch is a close second in grunt work alone. Does he pass the no DH policy? Rumours..
I plan on watching his game this weekend while he is in a bit of form.

Mitchell.., pass. Uninspired grab at a replacement. Not much of an upgrade on Langers IMO

Prestia.. We can't surely need another smaller player. Lovell should be able to replicate his game if required.

They are all individually good in their own way but simply put,
O'mera or bust.
Crouch is a great second choice!

Maybe 35,000 of us Hawks members should buy GWS memberships, vote out their board & fill it with our own guys, get our board to sack the footy dept & bring in our own List Manager (not the former poster or various aliases) then trade Shiel, Kelly, Cameron & Lobbe to HFC for a 4th rounder.
You got $7m spare to do that clown?

You got $7m spare to do that clown?
Hahaha
Read much?

I clearly said 35,000 of us would do it. If we were to get Shiel, Cameron, Kelly & Lobbe then I reckon we'd be happy enough to drop $100 each...

Oh yeah, moron...

Don't give a toss!!

No sarcasm intended

Brilliant idea!!!! Probably wouldn't need that many tho!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's my point
We don't need him

We need Crouch
We'd love O'Meara

Do you want another Will Langford or Shiels on the list or would you rather a JO'M or Brad Crouch?

I reckon that's the question. It isn't that we all hate Mitchell (syd), it's just that most of us would prefer someone else, if both are available (& in BF world, anything is possible),.
Tom Mitchell is better offense wise than Langford in close for the ball, Shiels better defensively. Also Shiels probably a better kick than both. But Tom Mitchell's hands are elite.

Tom Mitchell is better offense wise than Langford in close for the ball, Shiels better defensively. Also Shiels probably a better kick than both. But Tom Mitchell's hands are elite.
Wasn't me likening either of them to Shiels, Moose.

Members do not control the club, they can influence things like the board but it still requires people to want to be on the board. They can influence the bottom line by not renewing or not going to games or not but I G merchandise.
They could kill the club in great enough numbers maybe but they don't own the club.
The primary stakeholder in any club are its members. The board are accountable to the members just as the board members of public companies are to shareholders. Clubs are not however regulated the same in the sense that reporting to members is less onerous than reporting to shareholders and the market. The relevant legislation is really considering your local footy and cricket clubs where the scale is small enough and members close enough to the club operations that board/committee members can be held accountable for the running of the club with little formality.

Multi-million dollar corporations are not transparent and members are kept at arms length from operations. Fortunately the afl keeps close tabs on financial management but otherwise they are full of ex-players and ego maniacs with a complete absence of managerial structures and processes to ensure decisions are made with adequate diligence completed and in the best interests of the club and its members. Just look at the s**t that has gone down and is still going down at Essendon. The board, the CEO, James bird and others breached their duty of care towards the players and the club. And then hird got a contract extension.

Prestia.. We can't surely need another smaller player. Lovell should be able to replicate his game if required.

Should be able to replicate his game....easier said than done.
Prestia is a gun, inside outside mid with a nice turn of speed. Just because we have another of similar height doesn't mean that you assume the same output.
My personal preference is a Crouch Prestia combo.

You gotta love the comments
"He is only on 400k and playing for way unders"

400k is more than the prime Minister of the Country is paid so it's a pretty reasonable salary when you think about it like that.

I'm just dreaming alittle & imagining Rockliff being the lad
Rockliff is a poor mans Dane Swan
Gets heaps of it for minimal damage
Another no from me

Of the ones mentioned, it's Crouch, then O'Meara

I'm sure if we get someone, it'll be someone no-one has mentioned anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back