Hypothetical Draft Pick Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is giving up their F1 for that lot?

We could make a play for one of the picks with our F2 to get our hands on George.
I reckon it'll be Gold Coast. F1 might get swallowed up by academy kids, plus they'll get a shot at Ollie Hollands and a few kids that'll help them get to finals this year rather than wait another year. Hollands and Hayes would be a good haul.

I reckon it'll be Gold Coast. F1 might get swallowed up by academy kids, plus they'll get a shot at Ollie Hollands and a few kids that'll help them get to finals this year rather than wait another year. Hollands and Hayes would be a good haul.
On-traded to Geelong with Touk Miller for Pick 87...:rolleyes:

I am sure Dons are packaging 22 and their F2 to get 14 by itself or 17 bare minimum

We could do the same, maybe swap F2's with Swans

Don't think they will get an F1 but they'll definitely get a lot of FU's 😂
Don't think any one has the cattle to take both picks together unless it is team with F1's of top teams & package it with f2's

Best option is split them and trade 14 and 17 seperately

Would do F2(WB)+24 for pick 14

below is snapshot of current pick position for 2023
1669347111628.png

14+17 is roughly equivalent to pick 9 or 10 this yr. Ask Saints or Blues if they will trade their picks for that and it is a line-ball.
With next yrs being seen a far better draft, 9 or 10 is equivalent to a pick 13-15 next yr.

So any club missing Top 8 are surely not in the mix. I would say clubs likely to be top 4 are the only ones who would put their F1 up.

So one off Cats, Freo, Lions, Pies, Tigers, Demons( + Sydney). Demons, Pies & cats are the only ones with F1s.

Pies and cats can't trade their F1 without getting back F2/3/4s. Demons are the only who can make a deal if Sydney wants F1

My understanding is suns tight on list spots even debating whether they use there second pick so this play would not make sense. Carlton is the club who should Their f1 likely to be later given expected improvement or maybe dees with 2xf1 and 2xf2

Last edited:
Why I ain't we looking into betting on ourselves??
If we offer Bombers our future 1st and a future third rounder as a sweetener for pick 4!! Then we can either get two of Phillipou/Tsatas or Humphrey!!
It looks like Reid, Watson, Duursma & Moir are the big names in 23 draft but are they any better than Ashcroft, Wardlaw, Tsatas & Sheezel??
I would only not trade our future 1st is if we are guaranteed in getting pick 1 and Reid!!
Phillipou/Humphrey big mid/forward
Tsatas outside/inside mid
Automatically makes our midfield better bringing two key parts to complement Newcombe & Ward!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we offer Bombers our future 1st and a future third rounder as a sweetener for pick 4!! Then we can either get two of Phillipou/Tsatas or Humphrey!!
It looks like Reid, Watson, Duursma & Moir are the big names in 23 draft but are they any better than Ashcroft, Wardlaw, Tsatas & Sheezel??
I would only not trade our future 1st is if we are guaranteed in getting pick 1 and Reid!!
Automatically makes our midfield better bringing two key parts to complement Newcombe & Ward!
When you are in our position you only trade out our future 1st for a ready made star under 22 years of age. We may not get pick 1 next year but don’t think it will be worse than pick 3.

They very well could be.

Imagine sitting bottom, having handed over the Number 1 pick to the dopers?!

Mixed Martial Arts No GIF by UFC

NO.

I will only trade our F1 to North for Sheezel as he is a need and better to put a yr development into him plus he is Hawks fan.

else keep F1 unless it is a pick swap with another bottom 6 team from this year with aim to get their top pick. So happy to swap F1 with GWS in return for their pick 19+31

They very well could be.

Imagine sitting bottom, having handed over the Number 1 pick to the dopers?!
Imagine sitting in the 8 after trading for pick 4 from the Bombers?
Getting a kid who would be pick 2 in the draft if he was born 5 days later 🤷‍♂️
I understand why we wouldn't take the risk, the fear on what we could lose but what about what we get??

Don’t mind the idea of trading 6, f2(wb), f3 to Melbourne to get 12, 2 x f1.
No need to bundle F3, they already have 2 F2's. Maybe ask to swap F2's of WB with Dees one & add F4(lions) to satisfy AFL rules on F1 trades.

I would like to swap their pick 37 for our 48 as well which will make trading for lions 36 & 38 picks attractive in terms of points.

Out : 6+48+F2(WB)+F4(BL)
In : 13+37+F1(Freo)+F1(Dees)+F2(Dees)

Dees will have 2 F2's and 1 F4 which should satisfy AFL rules

I'd probably be happy to swap firsts with North both years. Maybe they are open to do it if they think Tsatas will get to our pick.

3 and North F1 for 6 and Hawks F1.

They'd probably back themselves to finish higher than us next year (and hope that we'd finish last) but I wouldn't be ruling out us finishing higher than them.

Otherwise I also don't hate the Melbourne and Brisbane swaps.

With Melb: 6, Dogs F2, 41, 48 for 13, Freo F1, Melb F1, 37

With Bris: 50, 52, 63 for 38

2022:
13, 24, 37, 38 (34, 35, 36 all gone to Bris bids btw)

2023:
3 x F1s + McCabe (trade F2, F3, F4 for points + 2024 capital)

There is no way we should be trading pick 6 for future firsts or whatever and end up with a pick later than 9 in this draft. Ridiculous.
We're rebuilding. We need at least one good pick every year.
Last year was Ward & CMac (CMac surprisingly good!) and this year will be either Tsatas or Mackenzie or Phillipou and any of them is a win too.
We go from there. Next year we have a 1st and two seconds.
We should keep both those future seconds because Will McCabe will be f/s next year and he's already being talked up as a first rounder.

Because we could be giving them the number one pick. Next year is the year we do the bet on ourselves and hopefully get two top five picks in a much better draft

There is no way we should be trading pick 6 for future firsts or whatever and end up with a pick later than 9 in this draft. Ridiculous.
We're rebuilding. We need at least one good pick every year.
Last year was Ward & CMac (CMac surprisingly good!) and this year will be either Tsatas or Mackenzie or Phillipou and any of them is a win too.
We go from there. Next year we have a 1st and two seconds.
We should keep both those future seconds because Will McCabe will be f/s next year and he's already being talked up as a first rounder.
My preference is definitely to keep and use Pick 6 on best available, but presumably if we trade down it would be because we know wed be happy with the player we'd get at the new spot. Maybe it's Mackenzie at either 10 or 13, maybe it's someone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back