Hypothetical Draft Pick Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m really hoping the Hawks do a lot of pick swaps for 2 reasons:
1: The Hawks recruiting team would not do a swap unless it benefits the Hawks strategy. There are always win / win situations to be found. If we are swapping… then we are winning.🤘🏻

2: It will be nail biting 😳, hope squashing 😭, mind rearranging 🤔, melt creating 🤬, awesome fun.😀

1: The Hawks recruiting team would not do a swap unless it benefits the Hawks strategy. There are always win / win situations to be found. If we are swapping… then we are winning.🤘🏻

2: It will be nail biting 😳, hope squashing 😭, mind rearranging 🤔, melt creating 🤬, awesome fun.😀
Yeah. I am hoping we end up with the entire 2023 second round

Yeah. I am hoping we end up with the entire 2023 second round
I take it that you have a preferred pick for tonight and that, if we trade, you will be in the melt creating 🤬 camp…. Unless it’s the Saints trade!?

I take it that you have a preferred pick for tonight and that, if we trade, you will be in the melt creating 🤬 camp…. Unless it’s the Saints trade!?
Mate, I have NFI who we should take. I will trust the club to do the right thing and be satisfied with whatever/whoever we end up with. I don't melt over sh!t like this.

My hope is simple
Trade late picks for lions 35.36
Trade 35 and 24 to dogs for 39 and 21
6 - Draft tsatas mackenzie or pou
21 - Bid Davey draft George, hotton or jones
36 - Draft long or magor (or munkara ;))
39 - trade if decent offer for future pick or take best available or speculative like lemmey
63 - draft vickery

My hope is simple
Trade late picks for lions 35.36
Trade 35 and 24 to dogs for 39 and 21
6 - Draft tsatas mackenzie or pou
21 - Bid Davey draft George, hotton or jones
36 - Draft long or magor (or munkara ;))
39 - trade if decent offer for future pick or take best available or speculative like lemmey
63 - draft vickery
That would be fun 😃 and a good outcome

So what actually happened? I cannot find the info on the pick swaps.

We got Brisbanes pick 36, lost our 41 but retained our 48. That is all I can determine.
MM says we got something at some state in the 2023 draft?

Attachments

• D8D6D733-8342-4032-9727-E95E1D28E69B.png
    D8D6D733-8342-4032-9727-E95E1D28E69B.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 70

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally… thank you…. How did you get this info? I will look to verify.

So breaking that trade down we got 2022 pick 18 (Weddle) for…. 2022 pick 27 + future pick 22 + future pick 41.

Is that right?
Well, the bolded part isn't determined yet

So breaking that trade down we got 2022 pick 18 (Weddle) for…. 2022 pick 27 + future pick ~22 + future pick ~41.

Is that right?
More or less, pray that wbd have a mare. If they somehow finish below us then we’ve done quite well

Its not confirmed our 2nd yet? I wouldnt be surprised if it is our 2nd.

However im not fussed, weddle has come along nicely and would be good to see him eventually hit the wing and be a utility backman

We got 36 for all our late picks except 48 which we couldn’t trade to the lions. We got their f3 back which if early 50s means we lost 300 approx points.
We then traded our 2022 second our f2 and f3 for 18. A loss of around 1000 points.
These are the trades of sides in the window not bottom 4. Playing the long game that’s not good. We have no flexibility left and outside our f1 no draft capital.
Cue the mackenzie fan club keen to hear the defence of the trades not the picks the picks are good just to focus the vitriol.
Just be happy we ended up with two first round picks rather than ******* around with this BS mental gymnastics! This really is a ridiculous whine.

We got 36 for all our late picks except 48 which we couldn’t trade to the lions. We got their f3 back which if early 50s means we lost 300 approx points.
We then traded our 2022 second our f2 and f3 for 18. A loss of around 1000 points.
These are the trades of sides in the window not bottom 4. Playing the long game that’s not good. We have no flexibility left and outside our f1 no draft capital.
Cue the mackenzie fan club keen to hear the defence of the trades not the picks the picks are good just to focus the vitriol.
You realize we still have the dogs 2nd yeah?

You continue to overvalue Points in a draft where point have no value to us and we do not need to match anything of genuine note

Ranked players have more weight then the points index to us currently

Not hard to understand

From my perspective it's great business if we really rate Weddle.

As for winning or losing the pick swap, it is kind of irrelevant but for those who want to compare, do it without the Father Son impacting the assessment

Disregarding FS and assuming we match our ladder position (13th) it will be

Get: Pick 14
Give: Pick 24, Pick 24 (2023), Pick 42 (2023)

Could we finish lower next season, sure. But we were all screaming for 1st round picks and they don't come cheaply. I'm excited that we've been aggressive in trying to bring in elite talent.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Alright, here - because you're finally talking about points in a situation where it matters. We have a FS pick in McCabe likely to be taken in the late first / early second round next year. We mostly traded out points that were likely to be eaten up in matching for him, and as a result got our player of preference this year (who we likely rated higher than 18) instead. We've maintained our first round pick next year, which will probably fall before McCabe, as well as a second round pick this year in 36 and both second and third rounds next year.

It was a reasonable draft night trade, judged on the basis of previous draft night trades, and well worth it to get the player we wanted.

Separate trade with Sydney.
Our pick 27, F2 and F3 for 18
So breaking that trade down we got 2022 pick 18 (Weddle) for…. 2022 pick 27 + future pick ~22 + future pick ~41.
Is that right?
Well, the bolded part isn't determined yet
Confirmed, though who’s R2 2023 is not yet clear. 😅🤨

Trade Alert
Hawks receive: 18
Swans receive: 27, R2 2023, R3 2023

Confirmed, though who’s R2 2023 is not yet clear. 😅🤨

Trade Alert
Hawks receive: 18
Swans receive: 27, R2 2023, R3 2023
Yeah, but the pick 22 and pick 41 that you stated isn't confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad