List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footy classified
-focusing on his footy
-hasnt "really thought about" playing with his brother
-will look at it at the end of the season whether he might go back next year OR IN A FEW YEARS

Confirms what many of us are saying. He wont push for a move if a satisfactory trade cant be sorted.

Edit
Also specifically noted cyril and burgoyne as players he had spoken with about it and they were supportive (or something along that line)

Edit 2
Damien barrett making him out to be ben cousins like off field
Lloyd said worth pick 25
Lol

Footy classified

Lol hahahaha.

-focusing on his footy
-will look at it at the end of the season whether he might go back next year OR IN A FEW YEARS

Confirms what many of us are saying. He wont push for a move if a satisfactory trade cant be sorted.

Edit
Also specifically noted cyril and burgoyne as players he had spoken with about it and they were supportive (or something along that line)

Edit 2
Lloyd said worth pick 25
Lol

If other players like redden are worth pick 17 then hill is 6-15

-focusing on his footy

Edit

Edit 2
Lloyd said worth pick 25
Lol
Barrett also suggesting there are more off-field issues people don't know about that the club does
Barrett said Hawks actually want him gone

Barrett also suggesting there are more off-field issues people don't know about that the club does
Barrett said Hawks actually want him gone
Well you'll be able to tell at the end of the season.
If he is traded and the pick low(e.g.:20) then that means we wanted him gone at any cost. If high(e.g.top10) then it means we didn't really want to get rid of him. I feel like after getting this news off his chest and feeling more comfortable around the boys, clarko and the club he will go back into stellar form like the last 2 weeks and we will want to keep him at all cost because his speed and ball use is pivotal to us

I think our recruiters should be seriously looking at Cam Ellis Yeolman from the crows. Big midfielder, agile and stuck behind some names. Getting 30 touches most weeks, 7 or 8 clearances and a goal in the magoos but he definitely has talent and is AFL standard easy. Last time I posted here I got shouted down for suggesting Lycett was better than McEvoy, lol. We should get this guy for a cheapie too.

I think our recruiters should be seriously looking at Cam Ellis Yeolman from the crows. Big midfielder, agile and stuck behind some names. Getting 30 touches most weeks, 7 or 8 clearances and a goal in the magoos but he definitely has talent and is AFL standard easy. Last time I posted here I got shouted down for suggesting Lycett was better than McEvoy, lol. We should get this guy for a cheapie too.
I am a fan of Yolman as well but I think he would be a player that would be best suited complimenting an elite young mid rather than being that gun mid. Don't agree with the Lycett call though, definitely a much bigger fan of McEvoy.

I am a fan of Yolman as well but I think he would be a player that would be best suited complimenting an elite young mid rather than being that gun mid. Don't agree with the Lycett call though, definitely a much bigger fan of McEvoy.
I think he's (Yolman)worth a cheap pick is what I'm getting at. Lots of potential. Matt Crouch is an absolute butcher but great inside as long as he handballs. Lycett has gone past Big Boy this year statistically with comfortably less game time and he's much younger. Last year you would have been correct through lack of opportunity for Lycett but it's now obvious which of the two is better and who has more talent out of the two.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crouch has been very unhappy because he was not getting games and playing in the reserves. When he started to talk to other clubs he was immediately selected the next game. So the word is he is now playing to increase his price but will likely leave.
For one I take nothing out of the links prior to Crouch. For what would Kane Cornes know... Lingy said Crouch was a Hawks fan, yet he actually was a Roos fan.

I think he's worth a cheap pick is what I'm getting at. Lots of potential. Matt Crouch is an absolute butcher but great inside as long as he handballs. Lycett has gone past Big Boy this year statistically with comfortably less game time and he's much younger. Last year you would have been correct through lack of opportunity for Lycett but it's now obvious which of the two is better and who has more talent out of the two.
The problem is though that at the time we got BB he had played 91 games and Lycett had played 10, we needed a mature ready to go ruck to keep competing, we almost certainly wouldn't have won the last two flags with a ruck division of Hale, Ceglar and Lycett, the two kids wouldn't have been able to handle enough load to keep Hale fresh for finals, never mind that we probably wouldn't have been able to pry him away from West Coast

Hill can go, get rid of him.. Adios

Can't understand comments like this. Brad Hill has a record that many of the top A.F.L. players would kill for.

Games: 88
Finals 10 That's 11% of his games have been finals, and his record in finals is 9 wins - 1 loss.
Admittedly, there has been some baggage, but he is only 23, and has some of his best footy in front of him.
Personally I hope he considers all the facts, and decides to stay. Loved his past two games, and coming up to finals, well, that's when he is at his best.

The problem is though that at the time we got BB he had played 91 games and Lycett had played 10, we needed a mature ready to go ruck to keep competing, we almost certainly wouldn't have won the last two flags with a ruck division of Hale, Ceglar and Lycett, the two kids wouldn't have been able to handle enough load to keep Hale fresh for finals, never mind that we probably wouldn't have been able to pry him away from West Coast

I totally agree re mature ruckmen. This was only a discussion in the 2015 offseason hypotheticals.

Can't understand comments like this. Brad Hill has a record that many of the top A.F.L. players would kill for.

Games: 88
Finals 10 That's 11% of his games have been finals, and his record in finals is 9 wins - 1 loss.
Admittedly, there has been some baggage, but he is only 23, and has some of his best footy in front of him.
Personally I hope he considers all the facts, and decides to stay. Loved his past two games, and coming up to finals, well, that's when he is at his best.

Would you have quoted my post if he had a stinker? Wouldn't have thought so. hindsights a wonderful thing right? It makes your argument look better though after his best game of the year, great work ;)

If he wants to go the he can go, I couldnt care less, he is either with us or not.

Would you have quoted my post if he had a stinker? Wouldn't have thought so. hindsights a wonderful thing right? It makes your argument look better though after his best game of the year, great work ;)

If he wants to go the he can go, I couldnt care less, he is either with us or not.
I doubt he would have quoted it, but the reality is BH didn't have a stinker, he played a great game, is starting to hit his straps as we come towards finals, in which he is a proven performer.

Will you still say the same think in October if he has an amazing finals series and continues this form? Or will you actively retract comments?

I have no idea what will happen - maybe he'll fall in a heap, but i'm sure as hell cheering him on, and given the value he can add to the team when he's at full flight (even as a relative youngster), I sure care if he stays.

I've been quoting for a while mate ;) Obviously my opinion sits on the other side of the spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back