2nds 2017 Casey lower case demons thread - Eternal Dev League Premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't that further confirm it though? They are still trying to develop his role and over all impact.
do you have some secret method of hovering over VFL games or is your analysis based entirely on reading the stat sheet?

do you have some secret method of hovering over VFL games or is your analysis based entirely on reading the stat sheet?

You know much VFL players make? I have one of the younger ones on a retainer for all my information

Pretty easy to determine that if he played in the ruck then that's something he hasn't done at this level before as far I know which means we are trying to develop him. Let him develop

You know much VFL players make? I have one of the younger ones on a retainer for all my information

Pretty easy to determine that if he played in the ruck then that's something he hasn't done at this level before as far I know which means we are trying to develop him. Let him develop
Ah.

I see. I was just checking to see whether I should give any particular weight to your player critiques.

Ah.

I see. I was just checking to see whether I should give any particular weight to your player critiques.

I didn't critique weiderman once I said let him stay in the reserves

I didn't realize I had to watch every single minute of the VFL to have an opinion on how a young key forward should be developed.

I didn't critique weiderman once I said let him stay in the sa
"Weid has played 1 good game in the reserves this year"

Topkent's non-critique commentary from Canada after reviewing a spreadsheet. Also there is a difference between a critique and being critical, so stop being so defensive for literally no reason.

I was really asking whether they had streamed stuff and you watched it (which I haven't), and I thought that could be possible and that you might have some insight from having watched the game, so that's actually what I was checking.

"Weid has played 1 good game in the reserves this year"

Topkent's non-critique commentary from Canada after reviewing a spreadsheet. Also there is a difference between a critique and being critical, so stop being so defensive for literally no reason.

I was really asking whether they had streamed stuff and you watched it (which I haven't), and I thought that could be possible and that you might have some insight from having watched the game, so that's actually what I was checking.

Based on him being asked for a call up from people here after the 6 goal game when he had struggled a little in the reserves. Yes I have watched some you can watch the VFL on 7s replay site.

The only reason you might feel I'm being defensive is you were being a smart-ass.

Based on him being asked for a call up from people here after the 6 goal game when he had struggled a little in the reserves. Yes I have watched some you can watch the VFL on 7s replay site.

The only reason you might feel I'm being defensive is you were being a smart-ass.
You are being defensive but at least you have answered the question now - which is that you haven't watched all of his games so the 'one good game' comment is based on stats. Which is what I wanted to know - whether you had a reason to say he had played one good game after watching them.

You are being defensive but at least you have answered the question now - which is that you haven't watched all of his games so the 'one good game' comment is based on stats. Which is what I wanted to know - whether you had a reason to say he had played one good game after watching them.

Stats and the VFL reports we get on here including from people who have watched the VFL. So you think he should have been promoted to the senior side on the back of his 6 goal game then?

Why don't you rebuttal the opinion rather than being deliberately narky and provocative

Last edited:
Stats and the VFL reports we get on here including from people who have watched the VFL. So you think he should have been promoted to the senior side on the back of his 6 goal game then?

wtf? I don't have a view on it - why are you even asking?

All I wanted to know is because you said Weideman hadn't played well this year whether that was from your watching games or just from the stats.

He's a key forward, playing VFL. I think it's perfectly reasonable to use basic stats (marks and goals) to judge his games.

Edit: along with the available VFL player reviews, of course.

He's a key forward, playing VFL. I think it's perfectly reasonable to use basic stats (marks and goals) to judge his games.

Edit: along with the available VFL player reviews, of course.
I demand his GPS results and a full psychiatric report before I comment on his game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rather enjoying PG and TK's little back and forth, rather amusing. :D

Proper Gander start critiquing the Canadian Football League or whatever the VFL version of the Ice Hockey is in Canada via some stat sheets please.

Topkent give us a run down of all the VFL action each week, just make up stories based on the numbers.

Open a thread together called Proper Kent: Numbers never lie.

I didn't critique weiderman once I said let him stay in the reserves

I didn't realize I had to watch every single minute of the VFL to have an opinion on how a young key forward should be developed.

I've been watching you post for quite a very long while now, and my opinion is that you shouldn't have an opinion unless you check with me first to make sure your opinion is worth opining.

Let us all quietly reflect on how everyone who regularly posts on the Demons Big Footy board is an a-hole.

Who has seen Maynard play?? Is he a decent kick? Is he a big size? In and under, tagger or outside player? Quick? I literally know nothing about him, but he seems to be improving greatly as the season moves along. He and Smith could be great stories for us and add depth where we need it. They seemed to have been plucked from thin air too. Obviously not drafted through the normal avenues. So if both can be playing good senior football soon, that is a huge tick to Taylor and Viney.

Who has seen Maynard play?? Is he a decent kick? Is he a big size? In and under, tagger or outside player? Quick? I literally know nothing about him, but he seems to be improving greatly as the season moves along. He and Smith could be great stories for us and add depth where we need it. They seemed to have been plucked from thin air too. Obviously not drafted through the normal avenues. So if both can be playing good senior football soon, that is a huge tick to Taylor and Viney.

From what I've heard from a few people (I haven't ever seen him play - sorry Proper Gander ;)) Maynard is a big, powerful inside mid who tackles like a madman. Kicking an issue though. Not sure on his pace ... would love to hear more from those who have actually watched him.

From what I've heard from a few people (I haven't ever seen him play - sorry Proper Gander ;)) Maynard is a big, powerful inside mid who tackles like a madman. Kicking an issue though. Not sure on his pace ... would love to hear more from those who have actually watched him.
I'm pretty sure he was drafted from the NBL ie he has an elite basketball background. JT drafted him in part because of his 'competitiveness' ie he's a mongrel. Based on this, and his bloodlines (he's the brother of the Maynard playing well for the filth), I'd say he's a good size, tough, good agility and with plenty of aggro. Probably no silky skills if he's spent the last ten years playing with a round ball.
Would LOVE to see him get a run this year.

I'm pretty sure he was drafted from the NBL ie he has an elite basketball background. JT drafted him in part because of his 'competitiveness' ie he's a mongrel. Based on this, and his bloodlines (he's the brother of the Maynard playing well for the filth), I'd say he's a good size, tough, good agility and with plenty of aggro. Probably no silky skills if he's spent the last ten years playing with a round ball.
Would LOVE to see him get a run this year.
But can he dunk tho?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back