2017 Certainties and planning

Remove this Banner Ad

^ U Should do RDT nxt year mate, missed our convo's on the weekly!

I will have more time next year it may be an option

M.Murphy high on my radar for nxt year...gonna be priced at 78...absolute steal if he is fit and firing. Can't see why he cant go back to 105-110 average under Bolten.

Completely agree id say he will be high on many radars and i dont really see a

Jackson Macrae, L.Neale, L.Hunter midpricer yet but there is always someone.

I think next year there are a few good underpriced premiums who have avg above 100 previously who are going to be much cheaper

The only concern is the hawks scoring and the even spread they like to work with.

All of Kennedy, Titchell, Hannebery and Parker are all 105+ avgs

Whereas the hawks midfield of Lewis, Shiel, S.Mitchell, Hodge, I.Smith sit a run below

The only concern is the hawks scoring and the even spread they like to work with.

All of Kennedy, Titchell, Hannebery and Parker are all 105+ avgs

Whereas the hawks midfield of Lewis, Shiel, S.Mitchell, Hodge, I.Smith sit a run below

There's reasons for that though.

Mitch and Hodge sit on half back, Shiels more often than not gets defensive roles. Smith is an outside player so relies on others work.

Lewis is your best point of comparison, and after a slow start to the year, went sub-95 once from round 7, and sub-100 twice (75, 98), averaging 108. I'd be expecting Titch to play full-time midfield next season with instructions to hunt the ball. Plus he's an excellent tackler

Yeah pretty sure even someone at Hawthorn wrote in an article saying he will play inside mid.

My only concern now is, with Lewis and Mitchell gone....who gets the tag? Tichell could cop it unless JOM ends up there along with him...

Yeah pretty sure even someone at Hawthorn wrote in an article saying he will play inside mid.

My only concern now is, with Lewis and Mitchell gone....who gets the tag? Tichell could cop it unless JOM ends up there along with him...

Likely Isaac Smith, or Josh Gibson.

They seemed to be the preferences this year gone when Mitch wasn't being sat on. Generally established that tagging inside mids isn't hugely worth your time

Likely Isaac Smith, or Josh Gibson.

They seemed to be the preferences this year gone when Mitch wasn't being sat on. Generally established that tagging inside mids isn't hugely worth your time

Gibson isn't a midfielder lol.

Yeh Smith would get it at this stage IMO. Hmmm will be interesting, because we have seen Tichell tag, but how does Tichell go BEING tagged?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibson isn't a midfielder lol.

Yeh Smith would get it at this stage IMO. Hmmm will be interesting, because we have seen Tichell tag, but how does Tichell go BEING tagged?

If O'Meara comes across as well I'd expect him to cop the tag, especially if his opening few games are good ... assuming fit as well :)

Well, did

Just thinking along midpricers off top of my head who could be relevant

Hoskin-Elliot, Hrovat, Black (if cheap enough and if Geelong gives him a crack), JOM obviously

I play more fantasy so Hrovat will be expensive 76 avg from 4 games puts him at a difficult price point.

Hoskin Elliott doesn't seem a fantasy player

Tom Mitchell is a hard one. Does he improve because he gets more midfidld minutes or decline by going to a side who share fantasy points around more evenly than Sydney and has more chance of tagging attention.

I wonder if Liam Shiels might be released a bit more next year

Premium defenders will be interesting

Id like to see Hodge, Hanley, Mundy, Vince only have midfield status (ie lose defender status at the start of next year)

Laird, Docherty, Simpson, H.Shaw,Johannisen all top dollar

Boyd and Simpson old will be rested for games in Boyds case

Enright and Bartel gone

Gibson on the way down.

Not heaps to like

On a seperate note id be interested in how many good rookies there were to start with that played round 1 excluding the rucks and essendon rookies.

Hewett, Davis, L.Weller, Menadue, Papley, McCarthy, Clay.Cameron, Mcgovern, M.Adams, R.Harwood, Corey Ellis (even he was a late in from memory)

Alot who go the full on premo/rookie lineup you end up having 14 premiums that you can fit in then 16 rookies of which 2 are rucks. So you need another 14 good ones.

With the Bombers situation the Premo/Rookie setup worked well but i feel next year will be harder to go this way and a few more midpricers will need to be found.

Premium defenders will be interesting

Id like to see Hodge, Hanley, Mundy, Vince only have midfield status (ie lose defender status at the start of next year)

Laird, Docherty, Simpson, H.Shaw,Johannisen all top dollar

Boyd and Simpson old will be rested for games in Boyds case

Enright and Bartel gone

Gibson on the way down.

Not heaps to like

On a seperate note id be interested in how many good rookies there were to start with that played round 1 excluding the rucks and essendon rookies.

Hewett, Davis, L.Weller, Menadue, Papley, McCarthy, Clay.Cameron, Mcgovern, M.Adams, R.Harwood, Corey Ellis (even he was a late in from memory)

Alot who go the full on premo/rookie lineup you end up having 14 premiums that you can fit in then 16 rookies of which 2 are rucks. So you need another 14 good ones.

With the Bombers situation the Premo/Rookie setup worked well but i feel next year will be harder to go this way and a few more midpricers will need to be found.
Assuming all the 2016 banned players get the 30-40% discount that applied to Libber, Crouch and JOM this year, there will be plenty of mid priced value. Problem is of course as to "how many" can you afford? Not so much from a TPP point of view but team balance and structure. I would suggest that there will not be too many of these likely to finish in the top 10 of their respective positions - Heppell and Hibberd are the only likely ones imo and Myers will be a likely rookie priced player worthy of consideration. Of the others (at other clubs) Ryder is a chance due to his likely ruck/fwd status and on top of the fact he will likely play as their number one ruck. Melksham could have been another although I see him now being squeezed out of the Melbourne midfield in 2017.
In relation to defenders, I will probably go against the normal trend and have most of my starting defense made up of premiums. At this very early stage, I'm likely to start with Laird, Docherty, Shaw, Johannisen & Hibberd. One thing I'm sure of is that Yeo and Rich will NOT be in my squad (even if they average 110 in pre season).
With this year's draft being a mid field bonanza, I see Brisbane, Gold Coast and Fremantle's first picks being likely round 1 starters. I don't believe that will necessarily be the case for picks 1 and 2.
As per my opening comment for this thread, I feel JOM will be in everyone's team as will Fyfe. Brisbane's Beams and Freo's Bennell should be beautifully priced and too good to say no to. Then for the risk takers, Rocky will be priced well below his true value due to his 2 injury afflicted games.
With Tichell now gone from Sydney, a midfield spot opens up for Heeney but he will be awkwardly priced at 73 and the question also has to be asked what will the departure of the two Hawk stars have on Tichell.
Can't wait.

Been playing around with a few prices, assuming the magic number increases by 10%, with the salary cap, and same discounts as per JOM, Crouch etc. this year.
Bennell = 370k
Swallow = 330k
JOM = 230K (applied the discount factor twice - who knows how he will be priced up)
Sandi = 305k (10% discount)
Beams = 470k (10% discount - should be more but VS will take into account that he is a gun)
Fyfe = 540k (10% discount - could definitely miss out altogether)

Don't think they will give JOM a double 30% discount. Maybe 10-15% less than last year which would equate to 50% of his 2014 value. Still too good to say no to.
With just 2 games played I still think Beams will get a bigger discount than 10%. Reckon it will be closer to 20% making his average under 70. Will be in everyone's team though.
Fyfe will probably only get around 10 but even if he got no discount would still be a steal with a sub 100 average last year albeit with 3 scores of 121, 122 & 137.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back