AFL RDT Trades and injuries discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Sheldrick bounces back and would be handy cover but I have to trade him for my final defender

Sheldrick > Sicily or Doch. Doch gives me an extra ~30k with my final trade which could be handy. Sicily higher ceiling but maybe not as consistent.

Leaves me look like this with 1 trade and 73k bank

D: Dawson Daicos Docherty/Sicily Sinclair Stewart Day (Mullin)....pretty happy with this line but Day keeps getting knocks on that shoulder which worries me

M: Bont Zerrett Bray Brouch Laird Neale Green Mills (no playing bench)....Green and Mills the weak links and are not reliable 100s

R: Marshall English....tick

F: Taranto Gulden Dunks Rozee Cogs Cameron (Himmelberg)....F6 the weak link. I can cop an injured fwd as this is the line where I have good cover. Any other injury would need to be covered through DPP moves to switch a fwd to the mids or switch HH to the backline.

Can't really see much movement up the rankings from here unless HH or Mills go on an absolute tear. They are my only real uniques

Hmm these 2 and Serong out for me this week. Big slide incoming. Can’t rely on Ford, Sheldrick and Fletcher ffs
Hopefully Sheldrick bounces back and Ford should go okay against the Hawks. Fletcha couldn’t post a decent score against the rabble, so I don’t like his chances against the Dees.

Is D-Cam confirmed out?

Hopefully Sheldrick bounces back and Ford should go okay against the Hawks. Fletcha couldn’t post a decent score against the rabble, so I don’t like his chances against the Dees.

Is D-Cam confirmed out?
Yeah might move Sheldrick to mids for Fletch. Ford for Dunkley and hope D Cam pulls through with a better score than Fletcher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I will just do Sheldrick > Sicily/Docherty this week

If Cameron misses then I just cop Maric because he would be my only alive bench player remaining. Leaves me with just 1 trade left. When Dunks returns, Himmelberg will be my only bench cover but hopefully I can use DPP to cover all 3 lines in case of any other injuries. Last trade will be saved for a long term injury to one of my main premos

Absolutely dire, but the best I can do is Simpkin & Ashcroft to Himmelberg & Davies-Uniake. Not very inspiring. Two trades left.

Could just go Simpkin to Hiimmelberg, but have a feeling Ashcroft may struggle this week. LDU will likely be tagged as well.

My Simpkin trade will go down as an all timer in the worst trades hall of fame.

Cameron officially ruled out now

Cameron, Sheldrick and Dunks all ruled out before teams even drop. Expecting 1 more random out when teams drop this afternoon

Need a Maric Miracle at F6 this week now
Fmd 3 forwards out on the same week. Save me Blake Dreary

Could do Weddle > Mullin and then Sheldrick to premo def or fwd and DC becomes 23rd man.

Zero trades

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

Could do Weddle > Mullin and then Sheldrick to premo def or fwd and DC becomes 23rd man.

Zero trades

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor
Of course the Swannies play tonight so you need to make the call after teams drop but before the start of that game. It’s always the way.

Here is my shitty team. Had a horror year as i sideways traded guns early (N.Anderson & Titch say hello) and picked up lots of dud rookies. I got destroyed over the bye rounds too as i held onto my trades. Anyway, im down to 3 trades remaining and just one upgrade to come. $441.5k itb Cuningham to best defender (via sheezel) or forward available.

Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 1.07.36 pm.png

Christ. Dealing with Dunkley, Serong, and Cameron....so far. I think I'm in a better position than many having 3 trades/some cash up my sleeve, Mills already in as a 23rd man, and Worrell, Johnson, Cuningham as cover options (and no Sheldrick to deal with). In a roundabout way, the strong bench/23rd man was the strategy I wanted to give me an edge in this exact situation. But don't imagine many of the top 20 have Cameron AND Serong, and held Dunkley.

3 trades, 226k to play with. Mills as a 23rd man.

Had planned on trading Sheezel to Sicily this week, but it doesn't look like I can do that. And I'm infuriatingly 11k short of Cameron -> Sicily via DPP.

Options are, I think.

#1: Cameron to Docherty via Sheezel DPP. 21k, 2 trades left.
Keep Serong/Dunkley, play Mills for one, and either Johnson or Cuningham for the other (no loop possible)

#2: Cameron to Sicily via Sheezel DPP, Serong to Parish & 6k, Green & 74k, Miller & 91k, Steele & 125k, or Walsh & 156k. 1 trade left.
Premiums all on the field.

#3: Cameron to Sicily via Sheezel DPP, Dunkley to Docherty & 46k, Petracca & 30k or Crouch & 32k. 1 trade left.
Premiums all on the field.

#4: Cameron to Sicily via Sheezel DPP, funded by either
A) Eddie Ford to Cooper Harvey. 1 trade, (174k left.)
B) Tom Stewart to Duncan/NWM (* all left)
C) Neale to Cerra (* all)
D) English to Gawn (if Grundy dropped) (230k)
E) Sheezel to Himmelberg (93k)
Keep Serong/Dunkley, play Mills for one, and either Johnson or Cuningham for the other (no loop possible)

#5: Embrace the chaos, either 0 trades or just Sheezel to Sicily as planned, and field
1) Mills for Serong
2) Johnson for Dunkley
3) Cuningham/Ford for Cameron
Leaving 3 trades/226k or 2 trades/15k left

Thoughts? I'm leaning towards #1 and playing Johnson given no Serong hopefully boosts his role. Serong out for potentially +50 points just this week feels a bit silly if I think he's top 8 (which I do - or close enough to it), and Dunkley out would make sense if he's missing next week too, but probably a waste if only this week.

1689218983165.png

How I'd look with option #1. No Sicily feels like an issue, but suspect given the carnage this week very few will be able to get there anyway & with Blanck out, maybe he's not in for a worldie. But he just feels 20% better to get than Doch, so it hurts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back