BBL 2023/24 BBL SuperCoach

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm on 723 with Hales, Warner, Bancroft, Sams, Green and JFM left.

Just checked the Sydney forecast and it looks dire as per usual with up to 20mm of rain predicted so it will probably be another washout.

If JFM doesn't play I will get Darcy Short's 25 to take me to 748, I will win my one league final but I'm no chance of getting any KFC prizes.

That looks pretty huge. I'm 790 with the same 4 to come. I assume you had a competent bowler instead of Tye?

Had Overton, Lawrence and McDermott looped as emgs so actually traded Tye this round to get Overtons score. Ended up a pretty good call

Play mainly for cash league so all about matching players with oppo in that. Has turned put pretty well this year as might sneak into the top 100 or close to it

It's a fitting end to the season really with a washout and the Thunder players ******* our teams up.

The only consolation is we don't have to watch them play.

The BBL would be a lot better if they just booted the Thunder from the competition, terrible team, pitches and weather.

Replace them with a new team like the Darwin Crocodiles, they couldn't be any worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

713 in Rd 9 with 4 to play: Hales (captain), Bancroft, Warner and Sams.

Even a 5 over slogathon either way tonight and id take that. I need those players to get back out on the park to move up into top 111 in ranking. (Currently 452 out of 51,871)

Looks like there is no chance of getting a game tonight looking at the Sydney weather radar.

The sooner they get a cricket stadium with a roof in that shithole the better, it's ridiculous the amount of rain they get there in summer.

Might go for the overall next year. Weekly prize didnt work.

The guy that fluked the win the last 2 years, is he up there?
No fluke

He made it to 200 this year then made a very public decision to trade our Matt Short and another gun in a hail mary type move shooting for a miracle boost in points.
Didn't work
Didn't die wondering

#impressive

she's all over

only thing I could have done differently to help me was trade Tye to access Green (E). But it's hard to fade a guy coming of a 146

Banked McDermott (E) and Hales (E). Inglis salvaged something in the end. Hardie a good C and junked late with Dorff.

Will probably finish in the rank 200-250 range I think...just short of the prizes. Everyone who plays this game should get a prize of some sort if they last until the end

And thats my final rank:

1705489925955.png

A game of fine margins.

Had I stuck with Matt Short in Round 9 as captain, my rank would have been Equal 289th- as I wasnt reading too favourably the weather on Sydney earlier in the round.

Getting a good read of the weather is so important for BBL Supercoach.

I finish the year at 437th in my 1st season treating it proper.

Lessons learnt from this year

• Strike rates are important more so for batters. Perth Stadium, GABBA (early season), Adelaide Oval are roads
  • Sydney Showgrounds is a spinners and generally a bowlers paradise
  • SCG is about fair value for bowlers and/or batters. Its the most truest pitch in Australia
  • Timeanddate.com is the most reliable for weather. To be fair out of the 9 games that weather affected, I reckon there was 1 where it was off.
  • Players to start a XI next year based on gut feels for BBL14, for domestic players anyway: Matt Short (Captain), Glenn Maxwell, Chris Lynn, Aaron Hardie, Ben McDermott (wicket keeper), Jake Fraser-McGurk, Chaudary, Daniel Sams, Michael Neser, Tanveer Sangha, Nathan Ellis. Doubt one could squeeze that in an equivalent full salary cap next season, but probably the 2 names on face value that might not be worth it are: Ellis and Chaudhary.
  • Surprising imports this season: Jamie Overton, Dan Lawrence, Walter, Laurie Evans. All had their fair share of good games. I missed Dan Lawrence last game but if you had him in your last round , one sense you would have scored well.
  • @HoneyballBBL had that really handy timetable sheet and I could plan ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back