Gold Coast, Port Adelaide

Round 11:
St Kilda, Bulldogs, Sydney, Brisbane, Carlton, Melbourne

Round 12:
North Melbourne, Richmond, West Coast, Geelong

Round 13:
Adelaide, GWS, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Hawthorn

Wonder how that affects planning

Well Round 9 and 12 obviously the easiest of the bye rounds and shouldn't really impact teams much.

Wonder if DT will still do best 18 for both those rounds?

Round 13 seems like might be the hardest?

Well Round 9 and 12 obviously the easiest of the bye rounds and shouldn't really impact teams much.

Wonder if DT will still do best 18 for both those rounds?

Round 13 seems like might be the hardest?

Maybe, but by then you could've been able to trade in premiums from clubs who've already had a bye.

Round 11 looks tough as there's going to be plenty of premiums from Dogs, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane

Maybe, but by then you could've been able to trade in premiums from clubs who've already had a bye.

Round 11 looks tough as there's going to be plenty of premiums from Dogs, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane

Round 13 seems to have more popular fantasy premos IMO. Especially in midfield.

I guess same could be said for 11.

Will be interesting that is for sure.

I love the 2017 fixture from a DT perspective.
Eight Thursday night games allowing for 3 more captain loophole rounds than last year.
Not sure what they'll do with round 9 - maybe nothing. If you have a heap of Port or GCS players you could be in trouble but the reality is whoever you do have from those teams should be manageable from your bench.
Rounds 11 - 13 will all still be best 18 imo but only having 4 byes in the middle round will make the this week period so much easier to work around.

Round 9 IMO also has to be best 18 aswell otherwise its unfair.

If its best 22 for round 9 then its avoid Port and Gold Coast players from the start at all cost.

The aim after that round though will be to bring in those GC and power players. Not many youd think would be real premiums (R.Gray, Ablett, Ryder and maybe Kolo or Hanley if a defender but that seems about all) T.Lynch* also

Round 9 IMO also has to be best 18 aswell otherwise its unfair.

If its best 22 for round 9 then its avoid Port and Gold Coast players from the start at all cost.

The aim after that round though will be to bring in those GC and power players. Not many youd think would be real premiums (R.Gray, Ablett, Ryder and maybe Kolo or Hanley if a defender but that seems about all) T.Lynch* also
Going back to the year prior to GWS coming into the comp we had two teams having a bye every week and there was no compensation allowed for it back then, so i would be surprised if there was for round 9 next year.

Going back to the year prior to GWS coming into the comp we had two teams having a bye every week and there was no compensation allowed for it back then, so i would be surprised if there was for round 9 next year.
Yeh changed my tune. Should be 18 and every1 avoids port/gcs players till after there bye not that theres many to pick anyway.

Lucky its 2 non relevant clubs for dream team with premos

Not that it's much relevant to this year, but there was compensation in those years - 3 bench rookies.

I've had a go at my starting team for 2017, excluding rookies. (Players in brackets unlucky to miss out.)

Def:
Shaw Docherty JJ
(Simmo, Laird, Boyd)

Mid: Rocky Danger Treloar Neale Beams
(Titch, Gaz, Merrett, Hanners, Pendles, Parker, Adams, Fyfe)

Ruck: Goldstein Grundy
(Gawn, Martin)

Fwd: NRoo D.Smith Heeney Bennell
(Buddy, Greene)

I've had a go at my starting team for 2017, excluding rookies. (Players in brackets unlucky to miss out.)

Def:
Shaw Docherty JJ
(Simmo, Laird, Boyd)

Mid: Rocky Danger Treloar Neale Beams
(Titch, Gaz, Merrett, Hanners, Pendles, Parker, Adams, Fyfe)

Ruck: Goldstein Grundy
(Gawn, Martin)

Fwd: NRoo D.Smith Heeney Bennell
(Buddy, Greene)

Interesting, you rather D.Smith over Dusty etc?

No way Dusty stays FWD eligible, same with Zerrett

Hopefully Dahlhaus and Zorko retain their's also but wouldn't be surprised if they lost it either.

Being fairly realistic there imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every chance Bontempelli, Picken or Wallis gains it for next year though

Would be interesting picks

Bontempelli would be a lock you'd think, Wallis less so coming back from his leg. Picken maybe, depending on the position he plays. Was obviously outstanding as a defender two years ago

I assumed none of Dusty, Zerrett, Gray, Zorko, Dahl or Bont would have FWD status, but if any of them do then I'd lock them in ahead of Smith.

Gray is the most likely out of those to be FWD/MID I believe.

I assumed none of Dusty, Zerrett, Gray, Zorko, Dahl or Bont would have FWD status, but if any of them do then I'd lock them in ahead of Smith.

Gray is the most likely out of those to be FWD/MID I believe.
Imo out of likelihood to have DPP
Picken

Zorko
Bont

Dahl
Gray
Dusty

Zerrett

Surely Heeney has DPP

Would be a popular breakout option imo and surely there's a spot for him in Sydney's midfield with Titchell leaving plus the natural development/improvement he showed late in the season.

Lids at GWS? If he has a full preseason perhaps he's a candidate.

Too early I think to give it a punt on Petracca, but it wouldn't surprise me if he became relevant sooner rather than later. Clay Smith could be an option too as a tough tackling half forward type, his average should've been much better too as he was KOd against North early on and only got 5 or something plus his finals series doesn't count (got a 140 in the prelim). Injury risk obviously but could be an option if there aren't many forwards around.

Perhaps we may have to look at ruck forwards or more KPF types like Tom Lynch (GC) as other options. I feel Lynch will be relevant eventually due to his marking game. Perhaps Jack Riewoldt could break out of that 75-85 range and bust out a 90-95avg year too.

Bont is a lock as a mid only, let alone as a fwd, lets not forget he averaged 109 from rounds 7-23. So he is technically 10 points below his average.

Yeah good chance Dusty loses it, doubt Dahl or Zorko will. Merret will lose it 100% i recon though.

Perhaps Jack Riewoldt could break out of that 75-85 range and bust out a 90-95avg year too.

LOL....wat have u been smoking?

Last edited:
LOL....wat have u been smoking?
:rolleyes:

Jack has always been a consistent scorer, but he never scores enough to be relevant, unlike a Gunston for example who has sucked a few in recently.

If he did improve by 10-15ppg he'd be an option though.

I think its worth waiting to see what Lachie Neale does this with the inclusion of Fyfe. Can see him dropping from this years stats.

I think its worth waiting to see what Lachie Neale does this with the inclusion of Fyfe. Can see him dropping from this years stats.
Averaged like 101 last year with Fyfe

No Barlow around too, think Neale will be fine but I wouldn't start with him at his price. Someone like Pendles or Treloar imo you could and that's about it.

Averaged like 101 last year with Fyfe

No Barlow around too, think Neale will be fine but I wouldn't start with him at his price. Someone like Pendles or Treloar imo you could and that's about it.
Whats his average without Fyfe though?
He's a perfect trade target later down the track

Remove this Banner Ad

Back